Forum news and updates.
Chris
IPTOC President
IPTOC President

No more 4zc1 for you Mr Gem

Post by Chris »

D1FromAdelaide has been banned
LESS SHOW, MORE GO!!

2009 | 1986 White Piazza 2.2L, Man, STi Turbo (SOLD)
2006 | 1986 Black Piazza Turbo Manual (SOLD)
2005 | 1986 White Piazza Turbo Auto (Pain in the ass)
2004 | 1986 White Piazza Manual Stock
2004 | 1986 Red Piazza Manual TO3, Haltech
2001 | 1986 Silver Piazza Manual Turbo
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

I dont think he was the only one playing at that angle Chris.

Its only going to happen more and more.

Bring it on i say, try and trick me if you will.

Bob.
Too many Piazzas to little money.

Currently unemployed. Watch this space.
Chris
IPTOC President
IPTOC President

Post by Chris »

It sure will, I might password protect the forsale sections and only APC members have access to those?!
LESS SHOW, MORE GO!!

2009 | 1986 White Piazza 2.2L, Man, STi Turbo (SOLD)
2006 | 1986 Black Piazza Turbo Manual (SOLD)
2005 | 1986 White Piazza Turbo Auto (Pain in the ass)
2004 | 1986 White Piazza Manual Stock
2004 | 1986 Red Piazza Manual TO3, Haltech
2001 | 1986 Silver Piazza Manual Turbo
Bradlze

Post by Bradlze »

maybe posting a pic of a specific part of your piazza gets you access??
GeminiCoupe
APC Member
APC Member

Post by GeminiCoupe »

Moahahaha excellent, Chris gets vigilant! :director: :glasses5: :violent3:, :evil5: = dead.

Good way to keep Piazzas safe i guess. Try banning members with < say 25 posts from attending the For Sale sections? Until they are on there P's icon. Could work.

Nick-
project - 76 Gemini Coupe G200z EFI Turbo
daily - 02 S15 Nissan 200SX GTspecS Turbo
wet-weather fun toy - TX 75 Gemini Sedan G200z
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

Watching these gemini antics with interest, we don't see a lot of this here as geminis not really that common anymore, most followed the rust to dust path. There are a few and they do try upgrades but over here you could sell an old hillman minx if you advertised it as suitable for a rotary conversion. This place is crawling witth those that prefer toblerone shaped engines. Probably because they have triangular heads, you know flat on top and pointy at the chin. Tell em all to feck off, there are not enough real cars around for vultures to go picking at them. When I see the prices you blokes have to pay for cars and parts I get tempted to fill a forty foot container with piazzas and parts and whip it over. I could bloody retire on it! I reckon half an our on the phone could track down a dozen or more at wrecking yards around the place. Story is one wrecker in Christchurch alone has about six or more in various states and apparantly there are four in Wellington including two DOHC, one 4zc1 + one g200Z all being wrecked with a couple almost complete.
madmike
Power Moderator
Power Moderator

Post by madmike »

your quite corroct im in the process of tryin to save one thats at the local wreckin yard up here they only keep the cars for three weeks and then squish them (its a shell dump) silly thing is a lot of the cars that go there still have so many useable parts on them but they generaly turn into a 2x2 block of steel!! heartbreaking as i have to drive past it every day on my way to work!!!
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

Hey Mike
Where is "UP HERE" what is your location, get in touch, I might be able to help with some bits if you get hold of one that is saveable.
madmike
Power Moderator
Power Moderator

Post by madmike »

whoops im in palmerston north and any help i can get would be great the head gasket in mine is shagged so thats the first priority i think gettin hold of a manual for it may help alot too!!
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

What engine you got in yours? You should give your contact number, I have a trip down the island week after next and will be hoping to catch up with 117coupe while in Wellington and will be overnight in PN on the way back up, probably wednesday night 5th October. Good opportunity to have a beer and a chat. Anything you are really desperate for right away? Might be able to help and stick it in the car.

Head sets not to hard to get and gasket only from repco or segedins or appco depending on model.
Iwon't have access to the web while awya so would need your details before I head off. Send me a PM.
madmike
Power Moderator
Power Moderator

Post by madmike »

ive got the 84 xs turbo so she has a 4zc1t im pretty new to these injected turbo cars so the only big things im after are the head gasket and tech info would like to catch up for a drink and chat
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

I can help with some info and if you want the head gasket or even a full engine set go to

http://www.bowdenengineparts.co.nz/

He usually has stock of both, his prices are good and service is excellent.
piazza-crx
APC Member
APC Member

Post by piazza-crx »

just browsed the site. there are no piston rings for the turbo engine. ive never actually had to do the job but are the rings the same specs for both turbo and non turbo?
If Gemini's were ever meant to go fast, they would have come out of the factory with 4zc1t engines!!

Business CD Solutions
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

Correct me if im wrong but the no turbo is a G200. The turbo is the 4ZC1-T.

I think the bore size is the same but im not sure if the rings are.

Bob.
Too many Piazzas to little money.

Currently unemployed. Watch this space.
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

Rings are the same in both engines it is the piston compression ratio that is different for turbo - non turbo in 4zci engines. G200Z not turbo although I did here of someone with a G200W with turbo but not sure if it was original or after market job. G200 also have two compression lengths, 37 and 37.5 and two piston/ring types for the same bore. both have 4mm oil rings but top and second can be 1.5 or 2.0mm thick.