Gemini owners section

Forum news and updates.
Chris
IPTOC President
IPTOC President

Gemini owners section

Post by Chris »

We are getting more and more members who either do not read our forum rules or do read them and pretend they own a Piazza just to get parts for their Geminis.

HoldenPiazza.com has been created to unite Piazza enthusiasts and to preserve this rare car.

We do not hate Geminis!!! Quite a few APC members even own one, but we disagree that Gemini owners buy whole piazzas and take engines, brakes, gearboxes etc.. out and wreck the car.

In the end, the gemini owner will reallize that a 4zc1 turbo block doesnt make to much difference in speed and that a Nissan engine would of been so much cheaper for them.

Most Gem Owners even reallize that after buying a 4zc1 block that it is quite confusing or even cost effective to do this conversion.

So in the end of the day, us Piazza Owners who need parts have to start importing from USA and Japan as most piazzas at wreckers are only butcherd.

This has been along discussion regarding allowing or banning Gem owners from accessing holdenpiazza.com.

So we came up with this idea: Create a Gemini wanted section where you can post. If a Piazzas owner decides he wants to sell it to you than its all good.

Also we will disallow user who have not posted more than 30 posts to access the For Sale sections.

Any questions regarding this new rule please ask here or contact one of the forum Moderators or Admins.

Chris
LESS SHOW, MORE GO!!

2009 | 1986 White Piazza 2.2L, Man, STi Turbo (SOLD)
2006 | 1986 Black Piazza Turbo Manual (SOLD)
2005 | 1986 White Piazza Turbo Auto (Pain in the ass)
2004 | 1986 White Piazza Manual Stock
2004 | 1986 Red Piazza Manual TO3, Haltech
2001 | 1986 Silver Piazza Manual Turbo
Bradlze

Post by Bradlze »

but what if a piazza owner really needs some parts but doesnt have access to the for sale section?

Could it be easier by sending a pic of a specific parts of there piazza and maybe give a chassis number or something

and yes im a gemini owner as well but i do have 1 piazza (that im not wrecking) and 1 that im soon to be picking up and wrecking (for my other piazza not the gem im not smart enough with the injection wiring)
GeminiCoupe
APC Member
APC Member

Post by GeminiCoupe »

If its a Piazza owner that generally needs parts i assume they could PM chris for special access. That, or maybe allowing them to only reply to topics and not post new ones? That saves a bundle of "wanted 4ZC1" posts.

Nick-
project - 76 Gemini Coupe G200z EFI Turbo
daily - 02 S15 Nissan 200SX GTspecS Turbo
wet-weather fun toy - TX 75 Gemini Sedan G200z
Chris
IPTOC President
IPTOC President

Post by Chris »

but what if a piazza owner really needs some parts but doesnt have access to the for sale section?

Could it be easier by sending a pic of a specific parts of there piazza and maybe give a chassis number or something

and yes im a gemini owner as well but i do have 1 piazza (that im not wrecking) and 1 that im soon to be picking up and wrecking (for my other piazza not the gem im not smart enough with the injection wiring)
You got a point but I dont think making 30 posts which also gives the other forum members to get to know the new person instead of having members who never posted will be to hard.

As soon you past the probation (30 posts) you have access..

I dont think sending me a photo of some part will resolve to much. I believe Bugles is working on a Piazza registery where owners can enter theyr chassie, color, number plate and so on to keep track of the piazzas what are left.

If their is a better way, we will look into it. Also we can give access to users who we know have piazzas but havnt done their 30 posts yet.

For example, Rick Ludgate and yourself..
LESS SHOW, MORE GO!!

Bradlze

Post by Bradlze »

ah lol so its all been sorted out then sweet lol

but yeah as a new piazza owner i now understand how f#$ked it is trying to find piazza parts
GeminiCoupe
APC Member
APC Member

Post by GeminiCoupe »

Ive got over 150 posts yet im still locked out of the for sale sections. Please explain? :axe:

Nick-
project - 76 Gemini Coupe G200z EFI Turbo
daily - 02 S15 Nissan 200SX GTspecS Turbo
wet-weather fun toy - TX 75 Gemini Sedan G200z
Chris
IPTOC President
IPTOC President

Post by Chris »

Ok sorry took me like 20 min to re configure the sales and wanted sections. So yeah if you have more than 30 posts you will have access to those, some other I know who own piazzas but dont have 30 posts will also have access.
LESS SHOW, MORE GO!!

piazza-crx
APC Member
APC Member

Post by piazza-crx »

sounds good chris. Should work at least somewhat. although we still have to be cautious :thumbright:
If Gemini's were ever meant to go fast, they would have come out of the factory with 4zc1t engines!!

Business CD Solutions
Chris
IPTOC President
IPTOC President

Post by Chris »

As always :yawinkle:
LESS SHOW, MORE GO!!

wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

A Piazza register would be really interesting because the amount of traffic just on this forum about the number of Piazzas owned by OZ members and the numbers reputed to be known about in wrecking yards plus those that are up for sale adds up to a shit load. If you then add those that have died and been crushed it seems to me there had to be a whole lot in the market than at first thought. I remember doing a bit of a count on those that were identified on the Piazzasearch trip. Are you sure there are only 75 or so left? I guess you might have a heap of imports as well but they can't be Holdens and wouldn't appear on a "holden" search of motor registrations would they? Have you any reliable figures of how many were originally sold from Holden or someone like that? We all know there wer only 200,000 odd ever made from first to last by ISUZU, are the hilden figures included in that I wonder? So many unresolved questions it is no wonder I can't sleep! I know of 14 personally over here which is 0.00007% of the total. Farking brilliant!
tdgemi
Learner
Learner

Post by tdgemi »

This site sucks dogs balls officially.

I came to this site to find my first Piazza, yes I own a gemi but I want a piazza as a daily while I build my gemi.

Now I see you impose some stupid rule about 30 posts.

What a crock of shit. This is no way to keep the piazza alive as it cuts off traders with cars or parts the ability to buy or sell. SO how the hell do you think that is going to solve anything hey?
piazza-crx
APC Member
APC Member

Post by piazza-crx »

Tdgemi - this really isnt a trivial thing. Our aim is to stop users getting on here using up piazza parts on Geminis so that there are less parts available for us. If the gem was meant to have those parts they would have been factory fitted.

Unfortunately there are a lot more dishonest gem owners out there than honest ones and we had to come up with some system to weed them out. Most gem owners would kill to get their hands on piazza gear, and trust me lying and pretending they are genuinely interested in/own Piazza's is not gonna stop them getting what they want. Hell it almost seems logical to pretend - after all, piazza parts are hard to get.

As chris has said there are piazza owners here who also have gemini's so we dont hate gemini owners. Once again I point out that a 4zc1 engine is NOT the best solution for a gemini, and although brake conversion seem like a tasty treat for gem, we really really need them for our piazzas.
If Gemini's were ever meant to go fast, they would have come out of the factory with 4zc1t engines!!

Business CD Solutions
Chris
IPTOC President
IPTOC President

Post by Chris »

Wedgy, the figure of 200 ever imported to oz i got from General Motors when I contacted them in 2002. PiazzaSearch is how ever wrong that they are only 45-50 left on the road.

Obvisly you have to take in account that some may not have the internet and some of them have more that one sitting in their backyard like the mystery piazza fanatic who apperently has more than 10 sitting in his yard. Count the numbers together and somewhere you would get around 80-100 left in oz.

Markus, heres the problem again. This is the same person as D1fromAdelaide and the other guy but to this person I only would like to say: If you want Piazza Parts, post in the Gemini section, if you dont like it than "GET THE FUCK OFF THIS FORUM".... Thats all.. Sorry for the cursing but you are a try hard.. If you still seem to have a problem with this PM me privatley and we talk about this...

Chris
LESS SHOW, MORE GO!!

Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

I personally have no trouble with a gemini owner running a 4ZC1-T in his gem. I wouldnt advise it as an upgrade for performance, the overall cost verses performance would work out similar to a nissan motor especially when you add in a few upgrades such as turbo front mount and extra boost.
The Piazza engine is close to its limits in standard form. Yes you can tickle it and get a bit more, but the injectors will be clost to full cycle and the computer controls only fuel and its not hi po freindly. The ignition is still mechanical like a dinosaur.
So basically the Piazza motor needs quite a few things sorted out, ignition, turbo and manifold etc to be tuneable and friendly for an aftermarket computer. The SR20/CA18 and to some point the FJ20 are miles ahead in the standard equipment not to mention the aftermarket bolt ons that are available.

My main worry is brakes.
I am working on a cheaper alternative to upgrade the Gemini brakes. A legal engineer aproved upgrade using the std hub and spindle that will be a similar size to the Piazza setup. Unfortuantely the gemini person i have contacted for some information is a little slow to respond. In time i will get it sorted.

It was my suggestion to have a "gemini owner wanting" section. I felt it only fair as a member of a gemini forum there is sometimes a chance to buy back Piazza parts the have come out of a gemini. It is a compromise of sorts as it was suggested by some that Gemini owners seeking parts get banned for doing so. Work with it.

Cheers. Bob.
Too many Piazzas to little money.

Currently unemployed. Watch this space.
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

Yeah i can crap on.

I heard a number. Holden imported 300 or there abouts to sell locally. Youd have to think there would be at least 100 left. Hence why im all keen for a register.

If you have a gem and want some Piazza bits post up in the relavant section. As i pointed out to some fellow piazza owning members, there are other alternative engines that can be used to power Piazzas.
People such as myself who are all keen to collect a few piazzas for both parts and for a good body incase the need for a reshell would arise, arent millionaires. So the need could arise to sell a good motor or brakes to fund buying another Piazza. Its the switches, body pannels and other intricate shit that needs to be kept and stored. Thats traditionally shit that would get thrown out buy a Gemini guy wrecking a Piazza. Thats what needs to be stopped. That and wreckers themselves selling the gemini useable bits and squashing the rest, or the ones that want a fortune for bits.
So be honest and you might get lucky.
Be sure and tick the notify me if there is an answer box before you submit your post, especially if you dont come here often.

30 posts. Is that for the Forsale section only???
Can new members still post up in the wanted section??? mainly meaning the "gemini owner wanting" bit. I dont see any harm in them being able too as soon as they register. If someone wants to sell one to them, good luck. They wont be able to look and see if there is one for sale untill that have contributed their 30 posts anyway. That gives Piazza owners a chance to snap up whats offered.

There could be an issue of one time visitors posting up for motors and brakes. I suggest that a 30 day limit be imposed on posts in that section. That will eliminate some of the one time posters.

And i shouldnt have to say it. Post whoring will get you banned for a long long time.

Bob.
Too many Piazzas to little money.

Currently unemployed. Watch this space.