Getting more seriouse about a Car Club

Forum news and updates.
Chris
IPTOC President
IPTOC President

Post by Chris »

GeminiCoupe wrote:Obviously joining ICCA would be the better option as thatll give us twice the members, twices the cars etc. However, if they arent going to be flexible about their rules then we are in abit of strife arent we?

Cheers,

Nick-
Well a few members of the ICCA are already members here, and I am sure we would get more members soon after I finished submitting ozisu.com to

more search engines.. So if you are members in more forums than let your friends know about this site :yawinkle:
Nice find on the phone number Chris, what are the chances of getting incontact though?
I will let you know when I do :tonqe:

Heres a pic of his daughter laura:

LESS SHOW, MORE GO!!

2009 | 1986 White Piazza 2.2L, Man, STi Turbo (SOLD)
2006 | 1986 Black Piazza Turbo Manual (SOLD)
2005 | 1986 White Piazza Turbo Auto (Pain in the ass)
2004 | 1986 White Piazza Manual Stock
2004 | 1986 Red Piazza Manual TO3, Haltech
2001 | 1986 Silver Piazza Manual Turbo
GeminiCoupe
APC Member
APC Member

Post by GeminiCoupe »

Hey shes not too bad! Want to send that number this way? :tonqe:

Nick-
project - 76 Gemini Coupe G200z EFI Turbo
daily - 02 S15 Nissan 200SX GTspecS Turbo
wet-weather fun toy - TX 75 Gemini Sedan G200z
piazza-crx
APC Member
APC Member

Post by piazza-crx »

GeminiCoupe wrote:Alex, sounds like your describing an old school golfer. Just missing the flanelette spec pants...

Good point there, which is why its a bit of a broader "Isuzu" club to allow any Isuzu badged car in, however the "odd ball" we want to avoid [this will be a tough one to work out without following the ICCOA's bullshit lead] is to stop a flood of TX-TG Geminis coming in.

Basically, this is the list i think we should open:

-Bellel/Bellet
-Florian
-Wasp
-Luv/KB20
-JR120/130 YB Piazza
-Late model JR FWD Piazza
-JT150/191 Gemini
-Any IMPORTED Isuzu that was NOT locally assembled.

The last one is debateable, but that is probably the most effective way of killing off the Gemini problem, while still allowing cars like the PF60 ZZ/R's through. Thatll leave the door open for things like the Isuzu MU too.

Nick-
Im fully with you there Nick, Im up for keeping the Gem owners as far away from here as possible, yet allowing other isuzu's to join. Your list pretty much sums up which vehicles should be in the club.

Chris - I remember visiting holdens here in adelaide about 2 years ago and was told that 375 holden piazzas were sold in australia. I dont have anything in writing though :( although he did say that they imported more than that but ended up shipping some back to japan....
If Gemini's were ever meant to go fast, they would have come out of the factory with 4zc1t engines!!

Business CD Solutions
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

She can rev my engine any time she likes, another good creation by Mr G. What about all those owners the Piazzasearch guys flushed out of the woodwork? Has anyone thought about contacting them all to see if they are up for joining our happy little wagon train.
So many cars, so little cash
Chris
IPTOC President
IPTOC President

Post by Chris »

Most ofem are here.
LESS SHOW, MORE GO!!

Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

Ive been thinking a little about whats going on.

There is the ICCoA. Its the real deal and official and all that.

We are all members of the (well it was till a few days ago) Holden Piazza forum.

Seeing as we as a group arent affiliated or Official in any way how can we realy expect anything of the ICCA.

We can do and say what we like on here (well as long as its ok with the mod team) and theres no real chance of any recourse. If we were official and stuff, running this forum would be tough. The ICCA has to cover all bases as far as liability goes because of what they are and how it works. Especially these days with the way things are legaly.

So the point that i want to make is that if we as a group, being this forum, want to merge/join with the ICCA all we pose to them is a liability from a legal stand point. We have something to gain and they have a lot to potentially loose.

Perhaps a rethink is in order.

Im thinking that perhaps Barry should be asked what would happen if (insert number here) members of the online Holden Piazza forum were to join the Isuzu Car Club of Australia.
Could this group of members participate as members with their Holden Piazzas. We would welcome members of the ICCA to join the Holden Piazza forum. In our forum we can cater to the social needs of the members of the ICCA. Perhaps the ICCA could donate some of the money that the forum needs to keep operating.

Then we would be members of the Holden Piazza forum and the ICCA. And in turn members of the ICCA are more than welcome here.

If need be we could have a closed part of the forum to cater for only members of the ICCA. This could be tricky legaly and would have to be checked out. If the forum is partialy funded and allowed special use by the ICCA it could still prove not to their benifit.

What are your thoughts gentlemen????
Too many Piazzas to little money.

Currently unemployed. Watch this space.
Chris
IPTOC President
IPTOC President

Post by Chris »

Barry made it clear, No HOLDEN Piazzas, even if we where to rebadge them. Holden Piazza's are apperently HOLDENS and not isuzu's.. I could go on but I dont think joining the ICCA is an option unless you import a PIazza from Japan.
LESS SHOW, MORE GO!!

Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

Chris wrote:Barry made it clear, No HOLDEN Piazzas, even if we where to rebadge them. Holden Piazza's are apperently HOLDENS and not isuzu's.. I could go on but I dont think joining the ICCA is an option unless you import a PIazza from Japan.
Well they have members with Holden Geminis. Thats a G161Z and an MSG box and not much else from Japan. All the rest was made here.

Bob.

Chris
IPTOC President
IPTOC President

Post by Chris »

Feel free to call Barry to discuss this matter..
LESS SHOW, MORE GO!!

Bugle
A total post whore

Post by Bugle »

It doesn't seem to matter anyway the ICCA is just a 1 man club these days isn't it?
So just start a new club Isuzu Car Club of Australia & New Zealand :)
Chris
IPTOC President
IPTOC President

Post by Chris »

true that :thumbright:
LESS SHOW, MORE GO!!

GeminiCoupe
APC Member
APC Member

Post by GeminiCoupe »

Chris wrote:Barry made it clear, No HOLDEN Piazzas, even if we where to rebadge them. Holden Piazza's are apperently HOLDENS and not isuzu's..
Perhaps someone should show him the build plate on my "Holden" Piazza, which clearly states MANUFACTURED IN JAPAN BY ISUZU MOTORS. Guess were on our own boys, im happy to become part of whatever you stir up Chris. Not a nice thing to say, BUT, i dont think that club has long to live considering the average age of members :yawinkle:

Cheers,

Nick-
project - 76 Gemini Coupe G200z EFI Turbo
daily - 02 S15 Nissan 200SX GTspecS Turbo
wet-weather fun toy - TX 75 Gemini Sedan G200z
Chris
IPTOC President
IPTOC President

Post by Chris »

GeminiCoupe wrote:
Chris wrote:Barry made it clear, No HOLDEN Piazzas, even if we where to rebadge them. Holden Piazza's are apperently HOLDENS and not isuzu's..
Perhaps someone should show him the build plate on my "Holden" Piazza, which clearly states MANUFACTURED IN JAPAN BY ISUZU MOTORS. Guess were on our own boys, im happy to become part of whatever you stir up Chris. Not a nice thing to say, BUT, i dont think that club has long to live considering the average age of members :yawinkle:

Cheers,

Nick-
lol yeah and I think having 80 members since 1960s speaks for itself. I am sure their more than 80 geminis around.

Rargarding Holden Piazzas, he reckons that The Piazzas what come to hear are made to Holden Specifications. Their still made in Japan just made different for Holden. Anyways it is bullshit, but let him do whatever he likes.
LESS SHOW, MORE GO!!

wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

As I have said before, all of mine are Isuzu original, (even the one i stuck the Holden garnish on) and I think they need their bumps feeling. I am rapt being associated with the APC or whatever name we end up with and it makes no difference to me what badge is on the car, The Holden Piazza, Isuzu Impulse, Asuna Sunfire or original JR120/130 is a bloody electronic nughtmare with strange handling and lots of little gadgets, whatever the badge or country it was first registered in, it is still a Piazza and thats the core interest of our Forum/club.

Long live the Piazza :supz:
So many cars, so little cash
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

wedgenut wrote:As I have said before, all of mine are Isuzu original, (even the one i stuck the Holden garnish on) and I think they need their bumps feeling. I am rapt being associated with the APC or whatever name we end up with and it makes no difference to me what badge is on the car, The Holden Piazza, Isuzu Impulse, Asuna Sunfire or original JR120/130 is a bloody electronic nughtmare with strange handling and lots of little gadgets, whatever the badge or country it was first registered in, it is still a Piazza and thats the core interest of our Forum/club.

Long live the Piazza :supz:
Im with you wedgie. Im for the Piazza. The rest of the Isuzu cars i dont think we should worry about. Why not just stick to the Australian Piazza Club. A NZ could be put in there.

Bob