Anyone interested

Talk about anything and everything
Chris
IPTOC President
IPTOC President

Anyone interested

Post by Chris »

It sucks paying in Australia insurance for a piazza, I know myself it isn't cheap so I would like to find out if you guys be interested for me to work something out with Shannons as we are now an official club and allowed to use Isuzu so we might be getting cheaper deals.
LESS SHOW, MORE GO!!

2009 | 1986 White Piazza 2.2L, Man, STi Turbo (SOLD)
2006 | 1986 Black Piazza Turbo Manual (SOLD)
2005 | 1986 White Piazza Turbo Auto (Pain in the ass)
2004 | 1986 White Piazza Manual Stock
2004 | 1986 Red Piazza Manual TO3, Haltech
2001 | 1986 Silver Piazza Manual Turbo
Bugle
A total post whore

Post by Bugle »

What deals do they do for clubs?

I was with Shannons for about $450 I think 3rd party property.. Have you got a quote from them for yours?
Chris
IPTOC President
IPTOC President

Post by Chris »

I have no figures yet, but as a car club you get discounts so I am only checking first if their is interest and worth writting a long as email to them followed by hearrasing phone calls
LESS SHOW, MORE GO!!

Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

I could possibly be interested.

My insurance is going to be expensive anyway. When you sue the biggest insurance co in vic cos they wont pay out a claim, the others tend to like to hike your premiums and excess. After all its information i have to disclose by law when applying for insurance. Id hate to not disclose it and have to sue the second biggest insurance co in vic and so on.

Was rating two now rating one again, (hang on if they dont pay the claim can that mean the accident was my fault??? If the claim is not paid that means the accident actually didnt happen in the eyes of the insurance co so its not disscloseable)

14yrs driving 10 of that on the highwy in trucks and ive got a higher excess than a green 18yo would driving my car. Never done my licence for .05, elected to loose it once for demerit points for 3 months.

What ever im ranting. You sorry you asked yet???

lol.

Bob.
Too many Piazzas to little money.

Currently unemployed. Watch this space.
piazza-crx
APC Member
APC Member

Post by piazza-crx »

I pay $270 for 3rd party only insurance with Just Car.
If Gemini's were ever meant to go fast, they would have come out of the factory with 4zc1t engines!!

Business CD Solutions
Chris
IPTOC President
IPTOC President

Post by Chris »

?piazza? wrote:I pay $270 for 3rd party only insurance with Just Car.
Well I wasn't trying to get 3rd party more looking into full insurance
LESS SHOW, MORE GO!!

Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

Chris wrote:
?piazza? wrote:I pay $270 for 3rd party only insurance with Just Car.
Well I wasn't trying to get 3rd party more looking into full insurance
Id be up for comp insurance but it would have to come in under $500.

Bob

wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

Remind me not to insure a car over there, I pay $300 PA for full cover, any driver, unlimited glass cover without affecting NCB and $200 excess. In total I pay about $140 per month for 3 Piazzas, One nissan and one honda. The last two are driven by a 19 year old and 16 year old respectively. Our rego cost is $200 per annum on top of that but insurance isn't compulsory if you are broke but look out if you hit someone as their company will chase you for the money until you die.
So many cars, so little cash
Bugle
A total post whore

Post by Bugle »

No fair
HEre as well as the normal 3rd party property or comprehensive you've gotta pay compulsory 3rd party medical insurance which is another $550 if you're under 25, and then rego on top of that which is about $250. So about $1.2k a year all up and your car isnt even insured if it gets stolen.
Chris
IPTOC President
IPTOC President

Post by Chris »

Bugle wrote:No fair
HEre as well as the normal 3rd party property or comprehensive you've gotta pay compulsory 3rd party medical insurance which is another $550 if you're under 25, and then rego on top of that which is about $250. So about $1.2k a year all up and your car isnt even insured if it gets stolen.
Yup my point, bloddy expensive or nearly impossible to register a piazza in Australia full comp. when your under 25 years of age. I believe I did ask AMMI insurance LTD 3 years ago and they told me $2000 a year because I am under 25, its a turbo, 2 door and considerd as a rare car.

So I guess somepeople would be interested, huh? Well I just sent the email to shannons and will let you know what kind of deals they can offer us.
LESS SHOW, MORE GO!!

piazza-crx
APC Member
APC Member

Post by piazza-crx »

my insurance would go up to $650 from $270 if were to get 3rd party property/fire/theft. bloody expensive. since im under 25 too its really the only company willing to insure me.
If Gemini's were ever meant to go fast, they would have come out of the factory with 4zc1t engines!!

Business CD Solutions
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

Only one thing to say to that FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARK!

In all fairness an under 25 driver here would have trouble as well with a turbo but the trick is i am just over 25 a little bit and all cars are insured in my name as owner and the other drivers are additonal on the policy to keep the cost down and the younger ones have a larger excess. They also offer a deal on unusual cars taking the view that if you are a collector or enthusiast you would probably prefer carry out your own repairs so they offer a cheaper option for a parts only cover.
So many cars, so little cash
Chris
IPTOC President
IPTOC President

Post by Chris »

got the email back today. They can't give me an excact pricing on insurance as it varies for each person. So when you do call in and they ask you if you belong to any club you tell them the Australian Piazza Club. The club is now registerd with them and should be displayed shortly on their site but you will receive discounts from them if you are an APC member.. Sorry thats all I could do.
LESS SHOW, MORE GO!!

Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

Chris wrote:got the email back today. They can't give me an excact pricing on insurance as it varies for each person. So when you do call in and they ask you if you belong to any club you tell them the Australian Piazza Club. The club is now registerd with them and should be displayed shortly on their site but you will receive discounts from them if you are an APC member.. Sorry thats all I could do.
Better than nothing.
You did good.

Better than me ringing them and getting us shit listed. lol.

How do Shannons actually compare to other insurance companies on price??? Has anyone rang around??? Anyone over 25 probably more to the point seeing as most will deter the younger drivers by inflating premiums especially with a "turbo sports coupe". Its all about crunching the numbers.

Bob.

Chris
IPTOC President
IPTOC President

Post by Chris »

Yup, I did get the feeling that they dont like to insure under 25s as they do asume enthusiasts would be 60 years of age or older. Anyhow, it should be cheaper in the end than those other rip offs and shannons do offer more, like every year free windscreens payed for etc..
LESS SHOW, MORE GO!!