Austin Martins V8 Twin Turbo.. Better than delorean?

Talk about anything and everything
Chris
IPTOC President
IPTOC President

Austin Martins V8 Twin Turbo.. Better than delorean?

Post by Chris »

Not piazza related but stumbelt over this by accedint while looking for more piazza goss. All i can say, I LIKE ALOT, I WANT ONE, LUCKY GUY WHOS GOT ONE. And if the guy who owns the one and only please consider this, yes i am german but I would like to be your next best friend and if you let me drive it I promise you I will never return with it.

Taken from: http://www.uniquecarsandparts.com.au/ca ... ulldog.htm

Aston Martin Bulldog 1980

Engine: V8 with twin Garret turbo's
Capacity: 5344 cc
Power: 600 bhp
Transmission: 5 spd. man
Top Speed: 325 km/h
Number Built: 1
Collectability:

It would take until 1978 for Aston Martin to genuinely register a positive company result since its inception by Robert Bamford and Lionel Martin in 1913.

Much had changed during the intervening years, including the amalgamation of Lagonda in 1947 under the leadership of David Brown.

But by 1978 the future of the marque looked much better than it ever had, and so Company Director Alan Curtis gave the green light for the construction of a prototype – a car that would serve as a symbol of the marques quest to look to the future and demonstrate innovation like no other.

A grandiose plan indeed, one that would take two years from conception to production, and one that would create arguably the ugliest Aston of all time, the aptly named “Bulldog”.

The design was the work of stylist William Towns, who had penned all Astons sine the wonderful DB6; and the Bulldog was not without innovation, it being the first ever mid-engined Aston.

The car bore a strong resemblance to the 1976 Lagonda, but featured even flatter and squared-off angles.

The Bulldog was powered by the wonderful Aston Martin V8, with additional turbo-compressors supplied by Garrett.

Aston would never reveal the cars actual power output, but it is rumored to have developed 600bhp at 6500rpm, and been good for a top speed of over 325 km/h.

Naturally Astons reluctance to release official power figures started the rumor mill working, a common thought being that the development was only undertaken after the project was underwritten by a wealth Sheik from the Middle East.

Apparently the Sheik never took delivery, it being sold to another wealthy businessman in the Emirates. Whoever he is, he remains the lucky owner of the only Bulldog to have ever been built!
LESS SHOW, MORE GO!!

2009 | 1986 White Piazza 2.2L, Man, STi Turbo (SOLD)
2006 | 1986 Black Piazza Turbo Manual (SOLD)
2005 | 1986 White Piazza Turbo Auto (Pain in the ass)
2004 | 1986 White Piazza Manual Stock
2004 | 1986 Red Piazza Manual TO3, Haltech
2001 | 1986 Silver Piazza Manual Turbo
Bugle
A total post whore

Post by Bugle »

Nah that's just wrong!
Virtual-R
Technical Admin
Technical Admin

Post by Virtual-R »

I used to have a model of that car when I was a kid lol I remember having to push down the bonnet area so the lights would appear
GeminiCoupe
APC Member
APC Member

Post by GeminiCoupe »

And they called the Piazza door wedge....
project - 76 Gemini Coupe G200z EFI Turbo
daily - 02 S15 Nissan 200SX GTspecS Turbo
wet-weather fun toy - TX 75 Gemini Sedan G200z
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

Bit of an acquired taste I think, looks like a push me pull me or a cut and shut with two fronts glued together. Being an Aston if they had ever manufactured them they would still have broken down at every bus stop.

Kinda cool though
So many cars, so little cash