What is this badge from?

Talk about anything and everything
Virtual-R
Technical Admin
Technical Admin

Post by Virtual-R »

Thanks Alex, the late model bighorn one looks like it might use the same mounts as the gemini did:

Back of Gemini Wheel:

ImageImage

Inside Front:

ImageImage

Any chance you could get a close up pic of the rear mount so I could compare?
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

Its going to be hard to make the gemini wheel work.

Its the indicator self cancel thats the problem. The Rodeo and Jackaro have two long pins that poke out the bottom of the boss. The Piazza has a firction disc on the bottom.

Hows the gemini work???

Bring it up here and i will have a look. Ive got a couple of sports wheels here.

Bob.
Too many Piazzas to little money.

Currently unemployed. Watch this space.
Virtual-R
Technical Admin
Technical Admin

Post by Virtual-R »

Gemini has a spring loaded pin that sits on top, folds down going to each side but on the back back is fully extended and switches the indicator back off
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

Hate to take issue but the Piazza and the bighorns use a plastic sleeve on the column with a pin sticking up from it. This pin locates in the back of the steering wheel boss. The plastic sleeve has dogs that trigger the cancel for the indicators. Not a problem in oz coz no bastard ever uses their indicators in my experience. This bighorn wheel fits the piazza spline beautifully but it stops short of touching the horn pick uip wand. Loooks like it might be a better match for the gem than a piazza wheel but check the measurements and if you need anything else let me know.

Look I'm not sure bout the number of splines, I kept losing count LOL tricky effing things to count

So many cars, so little cash
scotty

Post by scotty »

how much do you want for the badge champ
GO HARD OR GO HOME!!!!!!!!
Virtual-R
Technical Admin
Technical Admin

Post by Virtual-R »

I'll get back to you once I work out what I'm going to do about getting a steering wheel :)
Bugle
A total post whore

Post by Bugle »

wedgenut wrote:This is my nero wheel, like the tri spoke jobby above it fits the MOMO bosskit. I have another one I got from a Bighorn irmscher fitted to my red devil as well. Hard to see in the photo but it has Irmscher embossed across the bottom.

Bloke on trade me was selling one last week, he wanted $60 for it
Someone was selling a 4 spoke wheel for $60 and you didn't get it? Did anyone get it? If not get it and send it to me! Hate the damn 2 spoke Gemini-like thing, and noway i'm going to put the 4 spoke 'overnight parts from Bali' one back on.
Just lucky Holden didn't demand they make a single spoke steering wheel like the Calais!

That first badge is too small for the standard grille, it's a perfect fit between the 2 bars on a nero grille though. Although that's not what it came from.. I got one from US Ebay I think it was listed as coming off a P'up or some similar yank spec ute.
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

Bugle wrote:Just lucky Holden didn't demand they make a single spoke steering wheel like the Calais!.
They had them in the WB statesman too if i remember right.

You rekon thats bad, you should see the single spoke wheel in the early Pulsar. It was off set on an angle. 30 or 40 degrees or something silly like that.

Pretty flash for the 80's.
I get a disco in my belly every time i see one. :vom:

Bob.
Last edited by Rodeobob on Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Too many Piazzas to little money.

Currently unemployed. Watch this space.
Bugle
A total post whore

Post by Bugle »

Yeah and how about 80's LTD's 2 spoke wheels with a vertical and horizontal spoke. Friggen weird, sort of like the Subaru Vortex except they took it another step and put a computer joystick in as a gear stick
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

That first badge is too small for the standard grille, it's a perfect fit between the 2 bars on a nero grille though.
You are right, wasn't paying attention, the Piazza one is 44mm square
So many cars, so little cash