Piazza_man project

Talk about anything and everything
Piazzish

Post by Piazzish »

Wow!! Looks real good with the us setup!! Nice job Eyecon!
1989 Isuzu Piazza JR120 Lotus Turbo Red 92000km
1989 Isuzu Piazza JR120 Lotus Turbo White 183000km
1987 Isuzu Piazza JR120 Pre-Lotus Turbo Red 131000km
1984 Isuzu Piazza JR130 N/A Two-tone 145000km
1984 Isuzu Piazza JR130 N/A Black 92000km
1989 Isuzu Gemini JT190 Red 173000km
Piazza_man
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Piazza_man »

Thanks Piazzish and you're absolutely right, the car would look right at home in the US and the look is nothing unusual for the folks over there or in Japan for that matter. But even this basic change makes it far more unusual and more unique looking here in Oz, and the best thing is that everything is still 100% Piazza/Impulse. I've always been a fan of the updated bulging bonnet, 3 legged rear spoiler, and more aggressive quad headlight look.

Now that I got the external stuff out of my system I can move on to other things. Next stop: interior and stereo upgrade.
Bugle
A total post whore

Post by Bugle »

Piazzas are unusual enough in Aus whatever they look like :yawinkle:

Looks pretty sweet, should have plenty of room to play with now for the larger intercooler with the eyelid motor gone..
Piazza_man
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Piazza_man »

True while Piazzas are unusual I suppose it's the Industrial Designer in me that compells me to tinker with it to a point where I give the car my own personal touch, and hopefully improve on things a bit. And your comments are greatly appreciated by the way.

I didn't realize the eyelid motor could dictate the size of the intercooler, but I'll now take a closer look at that. Thanks for the heads up Bugle. I already have an intercooler that came with the car from Rodavo, and was made to be a perfect fit within the front spoiler opening with the air con and condenser removed. I haven't installed it yet but I have a feeling that it might be too small or thin for the numbers that I'm chasing with the 2.6 Rodeo motor setup. I might need to use every bit of that new found space you talked about.
Skrilla

Post by Skrilla »

Wow thats my new favorite Impulse/Piazza
If you boost it,they will run!!
Piazza_man
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Piazza_man »

The Impulse is finally taking shape thanks to your help.
Piazza_man
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Piazza_man »

Got bored the other day whilst waiting for the electrician to convert the wiring for the front headlights and rear LED spoiler brake light. So I took a pic of two Piazza/Impulse rear wiper arms side by side.
The arm on the left is the original one that came off this car. The one on the right is the rear spoiler version that Clive (IPTOC) gave me.

I already knew they would be different because of the noticeable kink at the tip. But I also discovered the latter arm was also about 20mm longer that the original. After making this ground making discovery I had a lie-down to recover from this revaluation, and then I changed the wiper blade over to the new arm. :cya:

Edit: I thought I inserted a pic last night. I loaded it up again.
Last edited by Piazza_man on Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

Have you used the rear wiper yet? On the cars with no spoiler at all or the silly rubber one the wiper stops with the blade parallel to the bottom of the glass. In other words horizontal. On the cars with the two or three leg spoiler the blade is supposed to stop parallel to the side of the glass on the drivers side, or if you like vertical rest. This is why it has the different arm kink. If you fit the later one to the standard motor it ends up looking a bit naff and sits at rest UNDER the spoiler. Makes the blade difficult to change. However if you have not discovered this already there IS a fix. The wiper motor can be dismantled at the wheel box to change the rest position to suit the new style blade. Once you open it up it will all become clear. :supz: :supz: :supz:
So many cars, so little cash
Piazza_man
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Piazza_man »

I' well aware of it because I read about that elsewhere on this forum, and I think it was you who wrote it. If the electrician hasn't already done so I'll go and have a look and do it myself. I hope it's as easy as you say. If not then :axe:
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

it is as easy as an easy thing on an easy day in an easy world, this means it is probably way beyond the skill level of most auto sparkies. You are correct, I think I did cover it somewhere and may even have posted step by step and maybe even pictures.
Piazza_man
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Piazza_man »

The step by step would have helped and I don't recall seeing any pics in your older posts re this matter. I'll have another dig but many of the pics in a lot of these older posts have stopped working anyway.
IZU069
Power Moderator
Power Moderator

Post by IZU069 »

Wot? Not using imageshack? (Though they delete if not used for a (long) period. Others like photoshack <whatever> seem to delete after time alone.)

But I suspect I know what Wedgy means. Many wipers have an adjustable "park" position switch.

In Belletts etc, it merely involved loosening the 2 screws that held the circular plate (above the big gear) and rotating to the desired position (usually with the wipers on, hence showing immediate results.

Later wipers were similar, though the switch was usually "more internal", but could usually still be adjusted.
IZU069 - ISUZU means a lot to me.
Piazza_man
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Piazza_man »

wedgenut wrote:I will watch with interest but here is a tip for when you fit the three leg spoiler. On cars with this fitted the rear wiper parks vertical up on the right hand side instead of down along the bottom. I suppose this is to allow access for changing the blade. If you want that set up it doesn't require a new wiper motor. It is just a case of taking the wheel cover off the motor and resetting the park position to suit. It is already set up for that so it isn't a bodge job. The wiper arm is a different shape as well but the standard one works just as well. ( its what I have) It means at rest that the arm is on and angle instead of in alignment with the edge of the glass.

If none of this makes sense let me know and I will email you some pictures
Wedgenut I found this post that you wrote on my thread last year. This was the post I remembered you writing, but I havent gone back any further through the rest of this forum. I will have a go at repositioning the cogs.
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

Honestly it easier than you would think, you don't have to count teeth or guess or bugger about, it is indexed. It is years since I did one and can't recall if it has two positions or four, either way if you want to count your feet for the next 24 hours I will dig one out of my cave and open it up and take piccies for you. From memory again you need to get your head around which way to re set the index so it doesn't end up parking vertically down by your rear bumper because that doesn't do a good job of cleaning the screen and it makes a bit of a mess of the arm and blade as it makes it way down stopping for a second only on your spoiler middle leg before re shaping itself.
Piazza_man
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Piazza_man »

All good mate. I'll get onto it during the week since the car is still in the workshop.