IR89 - back in action.

Talk about anything and everything
ImpulseRocket89

Post by ImpulseRocket89 »

Haha, I really don't mind answering questions. I believe the only dumb question is the one never asked.

Yes, Soren's buil has been an invaluable reference for me to start from. Without the information he provided I would be more lost on what to do with certain aspects of this build. That is the reason I am trying to provide as much information as I can, because I firmly believe in the sharing of information. If someone wants to copy me, then I am honored that I did something cool enough to deem it.

Oh, finally got my radiator order sorted. Stock dimensions with a thicker core, and factory mount points. I had them do a bracket and fan setup too with a massive 16" single fan to work for both Cooling and AC. I wanted to run dual fans, but there just isn't room with the new radiator and the AC compressor pulley based on the dimensions he gave me. I had them remove the temp sensor on the return side of the end tank since my fan is going to be EMS controlled using engine temp. $1002 all said and done (ow) but I know I am getting what I paid for, and it is a drop in fit.

Pulley is also on its way. I sent you a PM eyecon
1988 Isuzu Impulse Turbo.
2005 Ford Crown Victoria LX

RIP 1989 Impulse Turbo, aka "Rakete"
Piazza_man
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Piazza_man »

Cool thanks. Well check it soon. Was it you who talked about an integrated oil cooler before? Or was it somebody else?
ImpulseRocket89

It was me, but the oil cooler would have reduced core size because the end tank would have to be made larger. That lead to a whole other list of issues. I will just run an regular oil cooler, or maybe a Mocal Laminova.

ImpulseRocket89

Well, one more step down. Got it moved to the new place today. Now I just have to unpack and organize a whole garage worth of stuff to create a work space.

Image[/img]

ImpulseRocket89

In her new home... Now to just clean it up and organize this huge mess so I have room to work. Sadly, 90% of the shit in this garage is my friends Ex-wives.... So I am going to stuff it in a corner lol.

My mess only takes up that wall lol.

BTW, me at a tool store when there is stuff on sale... yeah. That toolbox was more than half-off. I figured why not, my old one is falling apart (literally). Cheapy little welding table too. New grinder since my old ones motor bit the dust, 5" bench vice - because it was on sale, bench grinder (same reason). In all reality I went in just to buy that chop saw and a couple of wire brushes.... lol

Piazza_man
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Piazza_man »

Good to see the rear spoiler given an interim practical duty :)
Bugle
A total post whore

Post by Bugle »

haha that's exactly what i've done with mine too..

Nice work space :)
ImpulseRocket89

It is, but it is going to be a chore and a half getting it in order. On the upside, I can now easily get to and remove that intake and fuel rail for you lol. I will put that in with my plans to organize and clean that place up tomorrow.

Speaking of which... I have a huge pile of parts I will never use again,....

Bugle
A total post whore

Post by Bugle »

Yeah I think I can see that old 4ZC1 hiding behind those boxes, nice pile of junk, engine bay should look a bit cleaner without all that stuff.
ImpulseRocket89

Yep, that's what is left of the old 4zc1 behind the boxes. Still slowly working on getting that all in order. I am coming down with a cold or something, so it's causing a delay in my work.

the rest of my stuff is now on its way, so it's just a matter of waiting for it all.

Speaking of which, you have a message Eyecon. Pulley related. :thumbup:

Piazza_man
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Piazza_man »

Check. Thanks mate. I'll sort out payment soon.
Piazza_man
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Piazza_man »

I don't know why i didnt ask this earlier but back page 2 of your thread you mentioned that you picked up a new Bosch water pump. Is this an Impulse or 2.6 pump?
ImpulseRocket89

eyecon wrote:I don't know why i didnt ask this earlier but back page 2 of your thread you mentioned that you picked up a new Bosch water pump. Is this an Impulse or 2.6 pump?
It is a 2.0 water pump. The only way to run the 2.6 pump is to run the 2.6 accessories along with it. Some people talk about having to run two gaskets to shim the pump away from the block a little bit, but for some reason my 2.0 pump and block have no interference problems. I haven't checked the new one yet, but it may have that issue.... I am unsure.

I drove 200 miles yesterday to pick up another key element, although not engine related at all, to my project. I found a Fiero being parted out, so I bought the front spindles off the guy for super cheap. Now I just need to machine down a Fiero rotor from the hub section and I have a 5 x 100 front conversion ready to go.

Beyond that, I am slowly making some progress in getting my work space together. Trying to split my time up between too many different things at the moment so I only achieve small victories.

Piazza_man
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Piazza_man »

Thanks for that. I wasn't sure because you picked up your pump super cheap I thought you might have picked up a 2.6 pump, as they are relatively pretty cheap over here. The cheapest 2.0 pump available on eBay atm is about $137. Thats a big difference to your purchase price.
IZU069
Power Moderator
Power Moderator

Post by IZU069 »

Not that you seem to be machining the stubs, but for Pete's sake, don't machine off radius reliefs. I have seen stubs with that. (Unfortunately some do-gooder intercepted them before they were used.)
Even a crankshaft's big-ends and main-bearings! How did they expect to control oil pressure? But I'll add that was a "supa hot (mate)" twincam G161W from a Gemini. The main bearings were shot. It had been rebored 1,000km earlier and #3 piston was already seizing (didn't round off the bottom piston edge after balancing linishing did they!?). I've never used it for anything other than an anvil.
IZU069 - ISUZU means a lot to me.