Rear garnishes

Talk about anything and everything
Piazza_man
Site Admin
Site Admin

Rear garnishes

Post by Piazza_man »

Look what's coming my way from the land of the rising sushi:

Thing is I don't really need it (because I bought another garnish from the same auction site), but I wanted it because I couldn't pass up something that was so super rare. I won it on an online auction only last week and I'm willing to bet it will be the only one in Oz when it arrives. Why am I saying this? I kind of bought it to give someone else on this forum the opportunity to own it. But like I said I really don't have a need for it but if someone was to offer me some folding stuff I might be interested.
Bugle
A total post whore

Post by Bugle »

Just hang em on the wall :)
I've given up on those things because the JDM ones i've collected have cracks and warping. So on the wall they go and i'm deleting the garnish completely..
Piazza_man
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Piazza_man »

I have to admit I think I have about 5 different garnishes myself now😲. Whilst I haven't hung any on the wall as yet I am still searching for that right one to stick on my car. That right one could be the other garnish that's on its way from Japan:

I'm liking this one because it's going to be the same colour as my car (I hope), and the obvious name change. I like the appeal of colour coding without blanking it out altogether. While this will be the final garnish I buy😨, I still plan on finishing alterations on a spare garnish complete with ELD for that extra effect during evening/night time cruising. 😎
Bugle
A total post whore

Post by Bugle »

That's pretty cool, I like how the American ones were colour coded, never really liked the black garnishes on non black cars. But then my car is black and i'm deleting it anyway :)
Piazza_man
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Piazza_man »

Me too, although I found it a little bizarre that I found the right IMPULSE garnish in Japan of all places. Go figure.
DMZ
Probationary
Probationary

Post by DMZ »

Which are the best places to online shop for stuff from Japan? I've tried before but find the Japanese sites quite hard to use for non-Japan users. :rolleyes:

(eyecon, how much did you pay for/are you asking for that, out of interest?)
Piazza_man
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Piazza_man »

Hey DMZ, try these links, bearing in mind the only difference between the two is that one is いすゞ ピアッツァ (Japanese for Isuzu Piazza) and the other one is just ピアッツァ(Piazza). The omission of just one word can give slightly different results, hence I like to check on both links from to time. But the first link is what I use for the bulk of the time:

http://auctions.search.yahoo.co.jp/sear ... rgs=70&b=1

http://auctions.search.yahoo.co.jp/sear ... args=3&b=1

If you want to buy something you must use an intermediate online bidder to bid on your behalf. There are plenty of these proxy bidders online, and I eventually found a bidder that I was happy with. If you need help with that let me know.

The Yanase garnish cost me US $159 to buy and ship in (shipping cost for this one was twice as much as the grey garnish - wasn't particularly happy about that), so that's what it owes me, plus shipping cost.
DMZ
Probationary
Probationary

Post by DMZ »

Thanks for the reply - I've pm'ed you about the proxy bidding thing; I found that site a while ago, and couldn't work out how to use it. I do have a friend in Japan who is happy to have things sent to them, but not sure I can twist their arm into bidding on things for me!
Piazza_man
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Piazza_man »

Pm sent back. You're better off just using the bidder to send things as well. I don't think you'll save anything significant using your friend.