new piazza owner info please

Talk about anything and everything
madmike
Power Moderator
Power Moderator

new piazza owner info please

Post by madmike »

hi uys im a new piazza owner i just bought one listed on the rego as a 1984 xs turbo 5 speed does anyone have any info on what the xs stands for and what the specs are any help would be much apprieciated great site guys !!!!
117Coupe
APC Member
APC Member

Re: new piazza owner info please

Post by 117Coupe »

madmike wrote:hi uys im a new piazza owner i just bought one listed on the rego as a 1984 xs turbo 5 speed does anyone have any info on what the xs stands for and what the specs are any help would be much apprieciated great site guys !!!!
The JDM Piazza Turbo was first released in 1984 with two models the XE and the XS. The XE model was the luxury model and the XS was the sporty model. Advantages of the XS over the XE were front air dam, rear spoiler and orange analogue instruments.

Paul
'80 Isuzu 117 Coupe
'87 Isuzu Aska
'93 Subaru SVX
'98 Mazda Roadster
'97 Honda Legend
'99 Honda Logo
'01 Toyota Will VS
'01 VW Polo
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Re: new piazza owner info please

Post by Rodeobob »

117Coupe wrote:orange analogue instruments
MMMmmmmm analogue, beats the digital blues.
Too many Piazzas to little money.

Currently unemployed. Watch this space.
madmike
Power Moderator
Power Moderator

Post by madmike »

sweet thanks guys i bought here quite cheap as it has a blown head gasket it has a little bit of rust in the spare wheel well but its only surface rust so other than that its in pretty good nick!! some of the switches seem to be on the blink but im hoping that wont be to hard to fix starting with putting all the fuses they took out before i picked it up.
Any help i can get would be great as im new to feul inj and turbos
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

madmike wrote: Any help i can get would be great as im new to feul inj and turbos
If it looks expensive or it has wires coming out of it dont touch it. lol. Its all done with smoke and mirrors. The Piazza gave peter brock the idea for the Polarizer. lol.

A manual is always a handy thing to have. If you join the APC you can get one on CD at the right price. Money well spent.
Wedgeunit might know but you could possibly get one to suit your particular car still from dealers in nz.

Cheers. Bob.
Too many Piazzas to little money.

Currently unemployed. Watch this space.
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

Re electrical and wiring, you will be shoving it uphill regards a manual for NZ version. The YB manual is the best you can get, one or two things are different like the NZ ones don't have an injector blower and a few of the wiring colour codes may be different but it will solve most probs. You can also get the impulse version ex the states or through ALLDATA on CD but again there are a few differences as the yankee ones had some kit not seen here or in OZ. Don't waste money on a Chiltons manual, they are easy to get and crap. I would be happy to sell mine as it makes an excellent door stop. I do have some wiring diagrams for the Impulse but still reckon the APC CD or download is the way to go. Cheap as chips.
GeminiCoupe
APC Member
APC Member

Post by GeminiCoupe »

Rodeobob wrote:If it looks expensive or it has wires coming out of it dont touch it. lol. Its all done with smoke and mirrors. The Piazza gave peter brock the idea for the Polarizer. lol.
I suspect it gave Holden the idea for the lights on the VL Calais too...

Nick-
project - 76 Gemini Coupe G200z EFI Turbo
daily - 02 S15 Nissan 200SX GTspecS Turbo
wet-weather fun toy - TX 75 Gemini Sedan G200z
madmike
Power Moderator
Power Moderator

Post by madmike »

sweet thanks guys im stoked with the help so far i will join the apc shortly i never thought there would be any info at all i think that mine might be a jap import im not sure if thats good or bad? :yawinkle:
117Coupe
APC Member
APC Member

Post by 117Coupe »

madmike wrote:sweet thanks guys im stoked with the help so far i will join the apc shortly i never thought there would be any info at all i think that mine might be a jap import im not sure if thats good or bad? :yawinkle:
All turbo Piazzas are used Japanese imports, only the non-turbo SOHC model plus a few early DOHC models were sold new in NZ.

Paul
'80 Isuzu 117 Coupe
'87 Isuzu Aska
'93 Subaru SVX
'98 Mazda Roadster
'97 Honda Legend
'99 Honda Logo
'01 Toyota Will VS
'01 VW Polo
madmike
Power Moderator
Power Moderator

Post by madmike »

well there u go then shows how much i know huh i guess the only way is up!!