Which car do you hate the most and why?

Talk about anything and everything
GeminiCoupe
APC Member
APC Member

Which car do you hate the most and why?

Post by GeminiCoupe »

Ive seen similar posts like this on other forums, but its usually bullshit like which car would you most like to own and ra ra ra. Whats the fun in that? Anyway, which car is it that you hate most and WHY [i can see Chris's answer already... :axe: ].

1. Peugeot 306 Hatch.

I used to like these cars, thought theyd make a nice car for the wife in the future. My cousin bought one, a manual XT model. NIGHTMARE, biggest lemon of a car in the world. The engine would rock on its mounts between gearchanges, the clutch was more agressive then a brass button, itd loose its breath past 4000rpm [not that it went anywhere under this nor over it] and the brakes were warped to shithouse. The REAL reason why i hate it though was it was the ONLY car thats ever caught me off gaurd. It pitched me into a gutter at 70kmh in the wet on a road I know well - damn lift off oversteer.

2. 95 Toyota Camry Widebody.

My parents car. My dad isnt a cardigan wearing boring bloke. He's been driving warm fours [Geminis/Datsuns] all his life. This car isnt him. Nor Me. Nor my mum [shes short]. It doesnt go, its not particularly comfortable, its noisy, it doesnt like turning, it doesnt brake and did i mention it doesnt like turning?

Cant argue with Toyota reliability though. Still can have some funny moments with this thing, like the time i outran my mate in a VP 5L through a twisty road. Or the factory 2500rpm stall converter HAHA

Nick-
project - 76 Gemini Coupe G200z EFI Turbo
daily - 02 S15 Nissan 200SX GTspecS Turbo
wet-weather fun toy - TX 75 Gemini Sedan G200z
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

Peugeot, you gotta love the lift off oversteer. Thats you own fault for not having the balls to keep it nailed. You should have told your cousin to get the 16V job, the 8V is for nannas. You ever driven a 505 GTI??? that and the turbo diesel are a fave of mine. Oh and the old import 504 with the mechanical injection and the funny shaped headlights.

Camry, you never said if its the 4cyl or the fooly sic V6?? Either way its a granpa car. Tell your dad to go cardigan shopping. lol. Its either that or fooly Pimp it out, then the cardigan can be left at home. lol.

1. EA-ED ford falcon. And to a certain point the EF. Ford were just way off at the start, the EA had nothing. They were just shit. Looked shit too. They just started to get it right with the EL then...........

2. AU ford falcon. Ugly as a hat full of arseholes.

3. Commodores, more the point VB-VP. the VP was an improvement but i still hate em. They did good work with some bits of them, but. The TH700, BW diff, the V6, the RB30 and the 5L EFI.

4. I also hate ricer imports. Nissans and Sorarers etc. Sure they go alright. Japaneese Commodores. I hate Sylvias most. Just on the side of acceptable would be a propper GTR R32 or R33.

Bob.
Too many Piazzas to little money.

Currently unemployed. Watch this space.
Chris
IPTOC President
IPTOC President

Post by Chris »

I just hate guys who drive riced up Lancers, Excels, BMW's, Preludes, Skylines...

It seriously ruins my day if i see one of those 18-22 year olds driving this shit with a big excaust, sound system etc.. Like to throu a brick through their window.. If a girls drives one of those shit boxes I try to say to myself "Those cars have been made for chicks, and they dont know better anyways.."

Mainly I hate generic cars. (Ford: EB, EA, AU, BA (SOMETIMES)) All Holdens except the toranas, Honda and fucking nissan you can kill me with and please dont talk about hyundai... :knob: :dontknow:
LESS SHOW, MORE GO!!

2009 | 1986 White Piazza 2.2L, Man, STi Turbo (SOLD)
2006 | 1986 Black Piazza Turbo Manual (SOLD)
2005 | 1986 White Piazza Turbo Auto (Pain in the ass)
2004 | 1986 White Piazza Manual Stock
2004 | 1986 Red Piazza Manual TO3, Haltech
2001 | 1986 Silver Piazza Manual Turbo
GeminiCoupe
APC Member
APC Member

Post by GeminiCoupe »

Beleive me, the BMW definately isnt a girls car. I had a 318i Manual and trust me, if you drive it like you stole it you can scare the pants of everyone. They LOVE oversteer.

Camrys a 4cyl, i cant beleive they used the same engine and chassis for a "sports" car [the Celica]. I ran it against the stop watch - 13.68 to 100kmh lol. A standard Gemini does a low 13. The old mans gone through mid life crisis i reckon, i passed the beema onto him and hes been driving that ever since. Sunroof open. Wog music blaring.
Rodeobob wrote:Peugeot, you gotta love the lift off oversteer. Thats you own fault for not having the balls to keep it nailed.
You try keeping it nailed when the front ends just gone straight ahead and your heading to the gutter either way. Ill take a pic of the corner, pretty sharp and just wider then one lane with a gutter and traffic island on either side, looks like an oil slick in the wet. Fun in the BMW though lol.

<inserts stupid/unknowledgeable/dumb reply>

But Chris, the Piazza IS a Holden?

</end comment>

LOL

Nick-
Chris
IPTOC President
IPTOC President

Post by Chris »

<inserts stupid/unknowledgeable/dumb reply>

But Chris, the Piazza IS a Holden?

</end comment>
You havnt been taking your medicine mate.. It's like saying a Vectra or Cadet is a Holden.

And BMW's are shit. In my country their Taxis/ Caps.. Like you got Holden and ford here, over there its mercedes and Bmws; ( Bayrischer mist wagen)..
LESS SHOW, MORE GO!!

GeminiCoupe
APC Member
APC Member

Post by GeminiCoupe »

Chris, it was a joke :yawinkle:

The BMW was still fun, taxi or not.

Nick-
Chris
IPTOC President
IPTOC President

Post by Chris »

Germans have no sense of humour. :drinkers:
LESS SHOW, MORE GO!!

shorty

Post by shorty »

i would have to say ford (the whole company) and i am really getting over commen dores, they are bloody everywhere and they all think they are rockets. also all them excels and lancers etc with the big body kits and those cannon exhaust, dead stock piping but a cannon exhaust. aaggorrree
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

I don't usually get too excited about what i don't like as it is a waste of energy but i make an exception with all new model Niissans, Maxima, primera, skyline, ZX. They all have the same problem The ugliest arse that has ever appeared on this earth since the animals were hopping on board the ark two by two. The designer of those needs his bumps felt!

My favourite car of all time however was my old HK186S, aussie import with 400 gallon petrol tank and light truck tyres designed to kill roos without disturbing the passengers. It was unkillable mechanically but eventually died of old age in the body department. It didn't handle for shit on the twists but the seats were perfect shagging length. It had lotsa chrome and the frontal aspect of battlestar gallactica and no one ever argued with that face in the suicide lane.
117Coupe
APC Member
APC Member

Post by 117Coupe »

wedgenut wrote:I don't usually get too excited about what i don't like as it is a waste of energy but i make an exception with all new model Niissans, Maxima, primera, skyline, ZX. They all have the same problem The ugliest arse that has ever appeared on this earth since the animals were hopping on board the ark two by two. The designer of those needs his bumps felt!
The chief designer currently at Nissan and responsible for the ZX and many others, was previously at Isuzu!

Paul
'80 Isuzu 117 Coupe
'87 Isuzu Aska
'93 Subaru SVX
'98 Mazda Roadster
'97 Honda Legend
'99 Honda Logo
'01 Toyota Will VS
'01 VW Polo
Bugle
A total post whore

Post by Bugle »

Good thing they got Giugiaro to design the Piazza then
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

wedgenut wrote: My favourite car of all time however was my old HK186S, aussie import with 400 gallon petrol tank and light truck tyres designed to kill roos without disturbing the passengers. It was unkillable mechanically but eventually died of old age in the body department. It didn't handle for shit on the twists but the seats were perfect shagging length. It had lotsa chrome and the frontal aspect of battlestar gallactica and no one ever argued with that face in the suicide lane.
Thats a seriously big tank fella. Did it sorta look like the Mad Max Falcon coupe???

lol.

That is an issue with the Rodeo cab, its too narrow. Good thing its got a tub on the back.

Bob.
Too many Piazzas to little money.

Currently unemployed. Watch this space.
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

Thats a seriously big tank fella. Did it sorta look like the Mad Max Falcon coupe???

400 gallon may have been a little bit of an exaggeration. I never actually filled it all the way, couldn't blody afford it most of the time. I did put about 14 gallons in it one day when it was below quarter and it didn't fill it so I reckon it was probably 18 gallons at least, that's still a big effing tank