Made a discovery...!

Talk about anything and everything
GeminiCoupe
APC Member
APC Member

Made a discovery...!

Post by GeminiCoupe »

A mate of mine works as a pizza delivery driver, told me of a Piazza sitting in a front yard at a house in Epping. Went past, guy wasnt home so i left my number with the chick that was there. Car was a white aus-delivery Auto. That was Monday, didnt hear back from him so i thought he wasnt interested. Saw a black turbo auto at TAFE yesterday, left the club adress on it. Anyway.

Today get a phonecall, i thought it was a mate playing a prank on me but it was infact the guy with the white Piazza. Turns out he could possibly be interested in selling the Piazza. It also turns out he has another Piazza in the shed up back, along with a huge shed full of Piazza bits. Ill be going there on Saturday to take a 'stockpile' of what he has and hasnt got, take pics, post up prices etc.

One car is a Turbo Auto, white, paintwork is oxidised and fairly rough but the shell appears pretty straight. Has a spare auto, has two black spare front gaurds inside it. Interior is fairly rough but the satellite pods appear to be unbroken, everything seems to be there. Car is rolling so brakes, diff etc are there. Hasnt been driven in 5years, has a blown headgasket.

Other one is a turbo manual, white, unsure of condition as i havent seen it. It too is complete appart from the front brakes, also has a blown headgasket.

Nick-
project - 76 Gemini Coupe G200z EFI Turbo
daily - 02 S15 Nissan 200SX GTspecS Turbo
wet-weather fun toy - TX 75 Gemini Sedan G200z
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

I could be interrested in the car with no brakes, i would want to be cheap but.

bob
Too many Piazzas to little money.

Currently unemployed. Watch this space.
GeminiCoupe
APC Member
APC Member

Post by GeminiCoupe »

Ive got first dibs on it. :finga: If i can find a place to store it and if its cheap enough itll be mine. Ill see what he wants for them then let whoever is interested know.

Nick-
GeminiCoupe
APC Member
APC Member

Post by GeminiCoupe »

Ok, went had a look-see today and this is what ive come up with.

Shed full of assorted parts, including 2 hatches [unsure of condition, look ok], 2 bonnets, 5 front bumpers, one rear, 2 pairs of doors [one pair silver, one pair black], sattelite pods x unknown [re: HEAPS], headlights x 3 pairs, tail lights x 2 pairs, door mirrors, door trims, seats etc etc. Too much shit, if theres something you need you can call him. There is also a whole "front cut" section which means shock towers, firewall, radiator support, rust-free battery tray section etc.

1 x Piazza Turbo, white in colour, 5speed manual [so pressumably has LSD], 260,000km, unknown km on engine. Hasnt been driven in 5years, suffered a blown headgasket and was running on 3 cylinders. No Piazza brakes [currently has Gemini stubs and discs on the front], body is best described as average. Bonnet is silver and rough, guards are red [straight and rust free, not on car], no rust in doors or rear quarters. Hatch is *just* starting to rust now but otherwise excellent, battery tray is rusted through though and there seems to be surface rust under the base of the windscreen. Interior is in good condition [no rips/tears, carpet ok but dirty, everything complete etc], shifter is excellent [not sloppy like mine]. Hes asking $800 for this one.

1 x Piazza Turbo, again white in colour, Auto, 210,000km on original engine which is apparently in good condition other then the blown headgasket, has been in an accident. Bonnet needs alignment as does one bumper, one wheel is positively cambered - either a bent suspension arm [if someone is interested, i have these] or a bent stub axle. Some rust in the hatch under the body-coloured rear spoiler. Bad news over, i can honestly say this car would be a good buy. Interior is one of the best ive seen. Carpet is perfect, seats are immaculate, all switchgear is there, even has the service books in the glovebox. Also has original Isuzu wheel chocks inside from an Isuzu Bellet [the fold out ones]!! Body is rust free and straight, paint would come good with a cut and polish. Wheel well is 100% IMMACULATE, with absolutely NO signs of water EVER getting in there. Also comes with 2 x spare gaurds, a whole heap of spare sattelite pods, 2 x spare wheels [one still looks factory-new] and other assorted crap. He wants $1200 for this one. [Bob, this one kills the white one you picked up :finga: ]

All of the above for $3k. If anyone is interested in anything i can forward you details, ill have pics up later tonight.

Nick-
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

Nah got the Mt Gambier one today, for what i swapped for it, in money value to me, what this guy is asking is way too much. I mean $800 for a car with no front brakes, multi coloured pannels and a stuffed motor thats a bit of a joke IMO. It cant be driven and i bet the manual box whines louder than my Grandmother.

More on my buy in another thread.

As for the other one, it might seem to be better than my buy from andys wreckers, but that car came with a warranty on the good running motor and the turbo.

Bob.
Too many Piazzas to little money.

Currently unemployed. Watch this space.
GeminiCoupe
APC Member
APC Member

Post by GeminiCoupe »

Yeah the manual one is abit pricey, Im usually a person that can see potential in anything and unfortunately this one has even me hard pressed to find a positives.

The other one i meant in terms of cosmetic appearance being better, the body is one of the best ive seen. I wouldnt be trying to run it without rebuilding everything though, so in the end what you spend on your car doing cosmetics will equal out with rebuilding the engine on this one. Same shit different day. You started that white one yet?

Will check out the new car now. You mean Mt Gambier as in S.A? Whatd u swap for it?

Nick-
piazza-crx
APC Member
APC Member

Post by piazza-crx »

The white auto sounds exactly like my car mate!!! everything bar the blown gasket. mines still running :finga:

but yeh the rest about the accident, the camber, the interior, the wheel well etc sounds like my car...
If Gemini's were ever meant to go fast, they would have come out of the factory with 4zc1t engines!!

Business CD Solutions
dbraiki

Post by dbraiki »

Hey Nick,

Do you know if this guy still has some parts available?
GeminiCoupe
APC Member
APC Member

Post by GeminiCoupe »

I would not have a clue Dougal. The cars made it to ebay @ 3k for both plus parts, i dont think they sold though. What are you after?

Nick-
dbraiki

Post by dbraiki »

I'm just feeling out a white tailgate in good condition as it's going to cost a bit for me to have the rust taken out of the one I've got due to it's location.

btw; have you sussed out the circuit board for the air con controls yet mate?

Cheers,

Dougall