To our American friends....

Talk about anything and everything
piazza-crx
APC Member
APC Member

To our American friends....

Post by piazza-crx »

Just a quick question to our american posters...

Here in australia the piazza was delived only with the digital instrument cluster. Unfortunately for us this has proven to be a faulty item on many of our cars. Most of the time they just randomly stop working.

Im wondering whether any of the digital instrument impulses in the USA had this problem, and if so, has anyone found a solution?
If Gemini's were ever meant to go fast, they would have come out of the factory with 4zc1t engines!!

Business CD Solutions
Impulsive Yank

Post by Impulsive Yank »

I'm not so sure there were much delivered here with the digi-dash. it's covered in the owner manual & factory repair book but I have not heard of anyone having one.
88 Impulse Turbo
will do good deeds for beer :drinkers:
Madcat

Post by Madcat »

There was a guy in Cali that was trying to get rid of an'86 turbo that had it and leather seats. I've got his e-mail addy if anyone wants to try and contact him.

Madcat :cat:
I have opposable thumbs I WILL prevail

88 Trooper, soon to be turbo. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2941780

89 Impulse Turbo. 3.5L 6VE-1 swap in progress. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2941760
Bugle
A total post whore

Post by Bugle »

Yeah notice the MPH light on our dashes that doesn't light up :)

Someone here posted a fix for their dash. Some tracks on the pcb got ruined by corrosion or something.
Bugle
A total post whore

Post by Bugle »

There I found it and stuck it in the workshop
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

Ive got an 86 Impulse owners book. It covers both dashes.

The digital dash was mentioned in the sales movie that was posted up.

I think it was a spec thing, the luxury trim option got the digi dash.

If a digital dash isnt working theres usualy somthing that can be done to fix it. It would be no more complicated than a TV. The pics Bugle put up explain it pretty well. Heat, age, corosion and vibration dont do good things for solder.

Bob.
Too many Piazzas to little money.

Currently unemployed. Watch this space.
piazza-crx
APC Member
APC Member

Post by piazza-crx »

Hehe im too young to have tried to fix my own tv. modern TV's are a lil more complex and are usually covered by warranty anyway. I actually like the digidash, just a shame that it has so many problems....
If Gemini's were ever meant to go fast, they would have come out of the factory with 4zc1t engines!!

Business CD Solutions
Bugle
A total post whore

Post by Bugle »

It happens long after the warranty end. It happened to my TV recently which is about 15 years old. If you run it without the back half of the case on the circuit board bends down a bit because there's nothing supporting it and it works. If you put the case on it holds the circuit board straight and it doesn't work. Found a fair few broken solder joints and fixed them but still hasn't fixed it, going to have to resolder everything..