-89 Piazza Turbo HBL - Kaizen Racing Project 2

Showcase your rides here. Read "Picture Help" to find out how to host your pic's
Piazza_man
God member
God member

Re: -89 Piazza Turbo HBL - Kaizen Racing Project 2

Post by Piazza_man »

Awesome update mate, sounds like you’ll have a little time up your sleeve to to get those shocks in. The 5 lug conversion will be interesting to follow too 👍🏼
Nismo
Probationary
Probationary

Post by Nismo »

Hi guys! I just recognized that I haven't posted my film of my Piazza doing the "Night Run" here. You might have seen it in some of the Facebook groups though as I've tried posting it everywhere! ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-4q3C_3lqc&t=8s

Please like and subscribe to my Automotive Media channel called Lift & Coast! :yawinkle:
ISUZU PIAZZA TURBO -89 | HANDLING BY LOTUS
KAIZEN RACING PROJECT かいぜん
www.nismo.se
Nismo
Probationary
Probationary

Post by Nismo »

Latest news for the Piazza is that it's started to drive like crap. Significant loss of power, and the engine sounds like a lawnmower, and misfiring or something like that. So that's just great news just as I am gonna put it away for winter. I don't even know where to start looking for the problem...
:mumum:

ISUZU PIAZZA TURBO -89 | HANDLING BY LOTUS
KAIZEN RACING PROJECT かいぜん
www.nismo.se
Piazza_man
God member
God member

Post by Piazza_man »

Sounds like an electrical problem. Check your spark plugs for any ceramic insulation cracks, have an electrician check your leads, and distributor, etc. Some of this stuff can be visually inspected, eg check the leads are properly connected to the plugs but if you’re still scratching your head then go to an auto electrician.

As I can’t hear this sound in person, could it possibly be the exhaust manifold has separated slightly from the head which needs tightening (provided the stud/s hasn’t broken off). Remove the heat shield to have a better look and listen to where the sound is coming from.

As a precaution also check the condition of the engine oil in case you have a cracked head and getting water mixing with your oil. It probably isn’t that because you would have mentioned the engine is also overheating.
Piazzish

Post by Piazzish »

Post a video of it!
1989 Isuzu Piazza JR120 Lotus Turbo Red 92000km
1989 Isuzu Piazza JR120 Lotus Turbo White 183000km
1987 Isuzu Piazza JR120 Pre-Lotus Turbo Red 131000km
1984 Isuzu Piazza JR130 N/A Two-tone 141000km
1984 Isuzu Piazza JR130 N/A Black 90000km