Different donks for the overseas piazzas

Showcase your rides here. Read "Picture Help" to find out how to host your pic's
Matt
APC Member
APC Member

Different donks for the overseas piazzas

Post by Matt »

Just a couple of pics of different motors they have put in over the years.

Post by Guest »

First engine would go good...in a Gemini, cant really picture it moving a Piazza too rapidly because of the weight. Anyhow, just a few comments.

The first engine isnt a genuine Piazza fitment - it possibly may be however it has been modified. There was a Piazza availible in Japan and the US that was fitted with a G200 SOHC, but the twin carbies are an aftermarket fitment. Standard cars ran i *think* an ECGI Fuel Injection setup...not sure, just know it was definately an EFI Setup.

Now, the G200 DOHC Itec setup...heres one i found in Melb ages ago, wrecker wanted 2500 for the whole car...which wouldnt have been worth more then 200.

In theory the DOHC shouldnt be much slower then the Aus spec Turbo, its only down 13kw but i think in reality its abit of a different story.

The Japs also "apparently" [im not sure on this one, so regard it as heresay] got an 134kw version of the 4ZC1 Turbo. Differences "apparently" come down to slightly higher static compression, a different variant of the IHI RBH5 and ECU Mapping [remember, the japs have had 100RON fuel for ages now]. Either way, atleast Holden got SOMETHING right and sent us the 4ZC1.

Nick-
GeminiCoupe
APC Member
APC Member

Post by GeminiCoupe »

Above was mine, keep forgetting to log in :oops:

Nick-
Matt
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Matt »

Yep I thought the twins were maybe aftermaket. But you have to remember that the piazza came out in japan in 1979 and injection wasnt on much back them unless you had a mercedes or some other upmarket car.

The 134kw version was an irmscher version of the piazza it had a different computer tune. A guy I know has just put one into a gemini. Now dont get all testy at him for ripping up a piazza he brought a front cut from japan so get up them for cutting it up in the first place.

I think I have a pics I will post if I find it. But the US the 4ZD1 2.3 in there piazzas only it was N/A never turboed.

Matt
117Coupe
APC Member
APC Member

Post by 117Coupe »

Matt wrote:Yep I thought the twins were maybe aftermaket. But you have to remember that the piazza came out in japan in 1979 and injection wasnt on much back them unless you had a mercedes or some other upmarket car.

The 134kw version was an irmscher version of the piazza it had a different computer tune. A guy I know has just put one into a gemini. Now dont get all testy at him for ripping up a piazza he brought a front cut from japan so get up them for cutting it up in the first place.

I think I have a pics I will post if I find it. But the US the 4ZD1 2.3 in there piazzas only it was N/A never turboed.

Matt
Isuzu were the first to use electronic fuel injection in a Japanese production vehicle in 1971 on the 117 Coupe. All JDM Piazzas had fuel injection.

All JDM turbo Piazzas, including Irmscher and Lotus versions, had the same power output. Power for early models was rated Gross while later models it was rated Net.
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

Anonymous wrote:First engine would go good...in a Gemini, cant really picture it moving a Piazza too rapidly because of the weight. Anyhow, just a few comments.

I cant tell from the pic if its RH drive or not.
Its just a piazza owner getting his own back on a Gemini owner, You pinch my motor i will pinch yours. Go G161 piazza Go. lol.
Too many Piazzas to little money.

Currently unemployed. Watch this space.
GeminiCoupe
APC Member
APC Member

Post by GeminiCoupe »

Shit yeah i forgot to include the 4ZD1 2.3, that was States only.
Rodeobob wrote:I cant tell from the pic if its RH drive or not.
Its just a piazza owner getting his own back on a Gemini owner, You pinch my motor i will pinch yours. Go G161 piazza Go. lol.
Im guessing RHD - manifold is S bend, probably to clear booster? Either way....Go is something it wont do lol

Nick-