Her are mine so far

Showcase your rides here. Read "Picture Help" to find out how to host your pic's
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Her are mine so far

Post by wedgenut »

The turbo is my weekend toy and the one with its face off is my latest project '86 non turbo. The model is nearly harder to assemble and paint than a real one. One more to come when her indoors stops hooning around in it long enough form me to get a photo

Chris
IPTOC President
IPTOC President

Post by Chris »

I am getting the feeling you like the colour "red".. hehe

Nice pics.. I have to get you to send me one of those isuzu front bumpers.

That scale piazza, is that the asian one which comes original yellow or is that the impulse? And where did you get it from? How much?
LESS SHOW, MORE GO!!

2009 | 1986 White Piazza 2.2L, Man, STi Turbo (SOLD)
2006 | 1986 Black Piazza Turbo Manual (SOLD)
2005 | 1986 White Piazza Turbo Auto (Pain in the ass)
2004 | 1986 White Piazza Manual Stock
2004 | 1986 Red Piazza Manual TO3, Haltech
2001 | 1986 Silver Piazza Manual Turbo
Bugle
A total post whore

Post by Bugle »

Cool wheels
Nice to be able to get them with something other than the tetris block ones!
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

I am getting the feeling you like the colour "red".. hehe

Nice pics.. I have to get you to send me one of those isuzu front bumpers.

That scale piazza, is that the asian one which comes original yellow or is that the impulse? And where did you get it from? How much?
I can take it or leave it but red is faster, unfortunately the cops here play snooker so the safest colour is white or black, you know they have to get a red one after every colour and they are not allowed to ticket a black one until they have gone through all the colours, stopping a white is considered a foul stroke so very rare to get stopped in a white car.

SOO you like the bumper? I have a spare complete with spoiler but I have to keep it for my project one which is stuffed as you can see in ther pic. I have a spare standard one as well but it needs a bit of repair and with 3 cars to feed i really gotta hang on them at this stage. Would be a bugger to post.

The model is japanese (Tajima brand 1/24th scale their code ID-51) and is
acually the XE G200W DOHC version and comes in white as a shell colour. I painted it with Italian Red from the model shop in a spray can. It has 5 coats (I couldn't stop!) I also recommend glue with a needle point on the bottle. Most model shops should be able to order. I got it from a bloke here that sells models mail order and they are back in production again apparantly after being forgotten for a while. If you have trouble let me know and I will ask him how many he can get a hold of.
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

Cool wheels
Nice to be able to get them with something other than the tetris block ones!
I quite like them as well and they are original, speaking of Tetris blocks, I am missing one of the centre finishers from the tetris wheels if anyone has a spare one.

I also have a couple of older Piazza wheels, 13" yes they are 13" and only fit the early models with the smaller brakes, they are a horrible rivetted semi steel/mag thing that apparantly used to break regularly. They came with a wrecked one I stripped.
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

the other one in my fleet

Post by wedgenut »

This is her indoors daily drive, '84 non turbo. It is completely original apart from the centre roof antenna and hands free phone kit. I quite like the twin headlight setup, makes it a bit more european looking. It even has the original AM/FM stereo linked to the seperate cassette deck with balance on the stereo and fader on the cassette. It works really well for its era and the sound isn't bad although it aint gonna win any sound off comps. There used to be a guy in auckland did well in a noise competition with a Piazza but I don't know what happened to him or it. He probably knew nothing about the car other than it had heaps of room for amps and speakers!

wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

last picture

Post by wedgenut »

Before anyone asks, the stains on the concrete under the Piazza are not from this car, they are from my daughters nissan sunny that bled all over the place until I replaced the rear crank seal. If you think working on turbo Piazza's is a nightmare try doing the above mentioned seal on one of these front wheel drive fuckers with japanese everything in the way and having to drop the auto box out, after removing the left hand suspension and drive shaft and five million pipes hoses and wires that are all the same bloody size and go god knows where to things in places piazza's don't even have. If it leaks again its gonna be sold.
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Model

Post by wedgenut »

Forgot to answer part of the question, it cost me $40 (NZ) a couple of months ago.
Chris
IPTOC President
IPTOC President

Post by Chris »

hm $40 NZ is around $35 AU right? Ill see if i can get that yellow one first.

I dont think Ill be able to get the isuzu moulded bumper here in oz. I know Thomas got his one from the wreckers i think but that was really lucky.
LESS SHOW, MORE GO!!

2009 | 1986 White Piazza 2.2L, Man, STi Turbo (SOLD)
2006 | 1986 Black Piazza Turbo Manual (SOLD)
2005 | 1986 White Piazza Turbo Auto (Pain in the ass)
2004 | 1986 White Piazza Manual Stock
2004 | 1986 Red Piazza Manual TO3, Haltech
2001 | 1986 Silver Piazza Manual Turbo
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

Don't quote me but I think they were only on the private imported turbo models and would be fairly rare here as well. If I see any I will certainly grab them if some other nasty piazza owners don't get there first. The bumpers are so soft you can almost bend them in half and they spring back into shape. Ideal for women drivers :finga: :finga: :finga:
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

mmm Nissan sunny??? WTF??? the sunny we got was the old Stanza, the model after the 1600 and smaller than the 180B. I think your talkin about a pulsar.

Mate of mine lives over in NZ, hes a spanner man, he said it confused the hell out of him when he first got there. lol.

Id be interested in a model if your guy can get some.
Too many Piazzas to little money.

Currently unemployed. Watch this space.
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

Nope,
we got the Pulsar as well, the sunny comes out here as a saloon (Sunny XE Super Saloon and ex jap import as a Lucino. The only thing that migth identify it is the chassis code FB14) Who wants to talk about Nissans anyway? I could defile this site with a picture but I aint gonna. Its a bit like the piazza i suppose, you have Holden YB we have Isuzu JR12O and JR130, the yanks know it as the Impulse and the bloody canadians called it a Sunfire or something. Typical Zippo bullshit.

I will email the bloke i got my model from and ask him if he can get more, he would probably do mail order to OZ if asked.