I got some new wheels!!!!

Showcase your rides here. Read "Picture Help" to find out how to host your pic's
rodavo
APC Member
APC Member

I got some new wheels!!!!

Post by rodavo »

Finally saved up to get me some wheels!!! They are Lenso Eagles 16x7.5 with 205/50 rubber on them. They fit nicely, have a 20mm offset which is perfect, they rub a little on the plastic guards inside the front wheel well but not too bad. Sorry about the quality of the pic, the file was huge so I had to modify it a little. The resolution is 2560x1920!!! Anyone know how to make the resolution smaller so the pics look better???

Dave
GeminiCoupe
APC Member
APC Member

Post by GeminiCoupe »

Send the original to my email if you want and ill resize it. gemini_turbo@hotmail.com

Some picsof the one in the background wouldnt go astray either :yawinkle:

Nick-
project - 76 Gemini Coupe G200z EFI Turbo
daily - 02 S15 Nissan 200SX GTspecS Turbo
wet-weather fun toy - TX 75 Gemini Sedan G200z
Chris
IPTOC President
IPTOC President

Post by Chris »

NICEEEEEEE Wheels :supz:

P.s. I resized it for you, hope you didnt mind
LESS SHOW, MORE GO!!

2009 | 1986 White Piazza 2.2L, Man, STi Turbo (SOLD)
2006 | 1986 Black Piazza Turbo Manual (SOLD)
2005 | 1986 White Piazza Turbo Auto (Pain in the ass)
2004 | 1986 White Piazza Manual Stock
2004 | 1986 Red Piazza Manual TO3, Haltech
2001 | 1986 Silver Piazza Manual Turbo
Bugle
A total post whore

Post by Bugle »

Aww can you link the huge pic? The new one's too small!
Chris
IPTOC President
IPTOC President

Post by Chris »

LESS SHOW, MORE GO!!

Bugle
A total post whore

Post by Bugle »

Nice dish!

Should've got 205/45 that's closer to the original rolling diameter, might not rub on the inner guards. Do they hit the shocks when the cars jacked up?
shorty

Post by shorty »

looks very nice. it's amazing what a set of wheels can do to a car, standard piazza wheels make car look average, nice new lensos make car look good
GeminiCoupe
APC Member
APC Member

Post by GeminiCoupe »

Hands up who wants the original pic size in good quality?

Hands up who wants more photos of the Piazza, including the one in the back ground?

Get to work Rodavo :bounce: lol

Nick-
Chris
IPTOC President
IPTOC President

Post by Chris »

:rabbit: Ill be happy with that XR8
LESS SHOW, MORE GO!!

rodavo
APC Member
APC Member

Post by rodavo »

Correction Chris, its a XR6 Turbo! Its dads car but he ordered it with no turbo badges! I will take more pics of the other one, thats the track car which hasnt been on the track yet....few more things to do.....but its all bare inside and weighs so much less (150kg to be exact!!!). Its a really good car.

Bugle, I would have got 205/45 except, being tight on money as I am (uni student!!), I went for second hand tires and 205/45 is alot harder to find than 205/50, so I went the 50's!! They rub a bit but not too bad, only at the limit of suspension travel. There is a good amount of clearance between the tire/rim and the shock, no worries there, its all about getting the right offset. The car is actually tracking alot on the road with the new wheels, I have had a wheel alignment done which helped a little but its still pretty bad. Bump steer is also a big problem at the moment...the wider and heavy wheels have made the problem worse since I lowered it. I think the problem is that the steering tie rods are on a large angle because it has been lowered. Anyone have any ideas??

I am currently working on a brake upgrade for the track piazza so I will let you all know how that goes when I find out myself......

And yes I will get clicking with that camera, but on a lower resolution so the files aint too big!!!

Dave
Bugle
A total post whore

Post by Bugle »

That's weird mine doesn't look any higher than that and the steering arms are pretty much horizontal..

How much did the wheels cost?
GeminiCoupe
APC Member
APC Member

Post by GeminiCoupe »

Sorry to be a pain in the ass Dave, but not only do i want more pics of both i want more details :iconbiggrin:

What suspension parts/components are you running in the track car, in particular springs [or in the road car]. Im trying to hunt down a set of lowered, stiffer springs for mine and cant find shit atm [Whiteline dont have a listing]

Nick-
Chris
IPTOC President
IPTOC President

Post by Chris »

Nick, give matt a pm. His mate is selling a set of lowered (i think king springs) for the piazza.
LESS SHOW, MORE GO!!

GeminiCoupe
APC Member
APC Member

Post by GeminiCoupe »

Thanks Chris, PM Sent

Cheers :drinkers:

Nick-
rodavo
APC Member
APC Member

Post by rodavo »

Firstly, I paid $620 for the rims brand new....but getting a 20mm offset with a 4x100 bolt pattern is quite hard, you will probably have to shop around if you want a different look to the ones on my car.

Suspension wise, the track piazza is running Koni shocks all round, set to the stiffest setting and, to put it simply, it is like a brick. Will be interesting to see how it goes on the track, might need softening up the rear I think. The springs on both my cars were custom made by KMAC suspension in Sydney. They dont seem to like me cause the piazza is a pain to work on in the suspension department. Everytime I ring up and say Piazza they say "oh yes, we remeber you!!!" Anyway, the springs are 40% stiffer than standard as quoted by the KMAC guys. To get the standard springs out they will most likely have to use an angle grinder to cut them in half because without the special tool that Holden quote for the removal of the springs you have no chance of getting them out in one piece....they are like slinky's!!! My everyday car is running the same KMAC springs but with kyb monotube shocks in the front and gas-a-just in the rear. They are not much improvement over standard and tend to wallow alot when pushed hard, would love to get some Koni in there as well. Both cars are lowered 2in at the front and 1.5in at the rear.

Bugle, your probably right about the steering tie rods, the guy doing my wheel alignment told me what I told you, but I didnt actually get under there and look myself....my bad. But I rotated the tires around today and fixed the wandering problem and alot of the bump steer so I am putting it down to 2nd hand tires.

I test fitted some VL turbo brake calipers today and it looks like they are going to fit nicely with a few minor mods. Looks like 300mm discs are on the cards and should pull both piazza's up nicely. Will update you all as frequently as possible.

So much to do, so little money!!!

Dave