Eyeconic Piazza

Showcase your rides here. Read "Picture Help" to find out how to host your pic's
Piazza_man
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Piazza_man »

You get to have early nights and if your adventurous you can Play bingo one night a week. :)
speedracerles

Post by speedracerles »

So on the silver JR what kind of wheels are those and specs Please I have to have them I just have too...lol they look so sick... Now this is something that I would be willing to copy in a heart beat.
Isuzu impulse turbo, my weapon of choice!
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

It's a nice looking car, but I hope you get rid of those ridiculous Holden badges.
1986 Piazza - 1984 Piazza
1986 Heron MJ1
www.mvpc.co.nz www.ihwedding.co.nz
Piazza_man
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Piazza_man »

Ghost wrote:It's a nice looking car, but I hope you get rid of those ridiculous Holden badges.
Right on the money there mate. As soon as my Impulse garnishes arrive I'll be changing all Holden badges at the same time. Can't wait. Garnishes are on their way from the States as I speak.
Last edited by Piazza_man on Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Piazza_man
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Piazza_man »

speedracerles wrote:So on the silver JR what kind of wheels are those and specs Please I have to have them I just have too...lol they look so sick... Now this is something that I would be willing to copy in a heart beat.
They are Lenso 16” mags which have the correct offset for the Piazza. Apparently very hard to find. Rodavo needs to be credited for this wheel selection.
rodavo
APC Member
APC Member

Post by rodavo »

I searched far and wide to find the right wheel. These were the only ones I found that suited. The are Lenso Eagle 16" with +20mm offset. I don't believe you can get them anymore in Australia. Not sure if they have stopped worldwide manufacture of them completely or not, but they are quite hard to find now I think.
Piazza_man
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Piazza_man »

Thanks Dave. Had a feeling they were +20mm offset.
speedracerles

Post by speedracerles »

And I thank you again... cheers
speedracerles

Post by speedracerles »

So I found these and they say that there in stock I dont know as far as other colors but i would love to have these here the color combo i was looking for anyways...

17" Lenso Eagles with Gold finish
- 4/100 pcd
- sold as a set of 4, excluding tyres
R5,995.00 Part No: EAGLE 1720GLD

wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

here is a tip free and for nothing, I fitted a set of nice shadow chroime 16 x 7's with a 25 offset and they line up really nice. The only hassle was when the car is jacked up the inside edge of the tyre makes slight contact with the front shocks, no problems on the rear wheels. Rather than fit spacers which I hate I fitted Rodeo front shocks, they are higher pressure which improves front handling anyway and being 10mm shorter on extended length solves the problem as the wheels don't trepan in as far on jack up. Now have 5mm clearance. Keeps the compliance pricks off my case. I did try to explain it wasn't a problem anyway because I rarely drive around with both front wheels suspended in mid air but they like their rules.
So many cars, so little cash
Piazza_man
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Piazza_man »

Speedracerles check the offset but otherwise looking hot.
Piazza_man
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Piazza_man »

wedgenut wrote:here is a tip free and for nothing, I fitted a set of nice shadow chroime 16 x 7's with a 25 offset and they line up really nice. The only hassle was when the car is jacked up the inside edge of the tyre makes slight contact with the front shocks, no problems on the rear wheels. Rather than fit spacers which I hate I fitted Rodeo front shocks, they are higher pressure which improves front handling anyway and being 10mm shorter on extended length solves the problem as the wheels don't trepan in as far on jack up. Now have 5mm clearance. Keeps the compliance pricks off my case. I did try to explain it wasn't a problem anyway because I rarely drive around with both front wheels suspended in mid air but they like their rules.
Thanks for the heads up and I wonder if speedracerles will have the same issue. They run different shock and spring settings to us Aussie folk, and possibly to you guys, so the travel and resulting camber might not be as great as what the early Aussie versions had. Never heard of trepan before, but then what do I know about engineering cars :)
speedracerles

Post by speedracerles »

Will do sir...
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

Never heard of trepan before,
In laymans terms, what happens is that the upper arm the shock is attached to and the lower control arm anchored to the crossmember swing down as the car is raised. This arc of swing brings the wheel and hub assembly closer the centre line of the car the lower it falls. When the moment of arc involves two more or less parallel arms swinging together on independant pivots in the same direction the end result is that the tyre sidewall comes very close to the lower part of the shock tube even with standard wheels. A slightly greater offset combined with a wider rim and tyre combo and you have contact.

So if you can limit the amount of drop in the suspension you in turn limit the travel inwards towards the shock by the tyre sidewall.
So many cars, so little cash
Piazza_man
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Piazza_man »

Gotcha >)