I'm baaaccckkk!

Showcase your rides here. Read "Picture Help" to find out how to host your pic's
Skrilla

I'm baaaccckkk!

Post by Skrilla »

Ok this is my last one I swear it,lol.Got a clean rust free 89 turbo loaded.The only problem is its an automatic.I already found a 5 speed in a junk yard.Looking to lower it and get an exhaust and wheels this time around.
If you boost it,they will run!!
Piazza_man
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Piazza_man »

Hey skrilla
Good pick up. Hopefully won't be too much of a pain to convert. You'll still need a manual tailshaft, pedals etc. Is that slight bonnet/panel damage I see on the right corner of the car?
Skrilla

Post by Skrilla »

Good eye,yes that and the fender has a minor crease.Its a shame because the car is all original but I will have it repaired.I found a parts car so please help me whats the complete list of parts I will need to convert my car to 5 speed.
Skrilla

Post by Skrilla »

Even has the original matts which were the only option on the car besides transmission.
Piazza_man
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Piazza_man »

Sounds like you have this sorted the right way. Btw I was unable to locate any sunroof seals that you asked about a few weeks ago. Oz spec Piazzas didn't come with sunroofs anyway.
Skrilla

Post by Skrilla »

Where did you get your springs and struts from ?
Piazza_man
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Piazza_man »

KMAC springs all round. Lowered 2 inches @ the rear, 3 inches up front. Koni yellow adjustables all round. This was how I bought the car off the previous owner. You'll have to get on the kmac website and see if they can make another set. If they can't get back to me and I'll give you the spring measurements so you can get someone locally to make you a set.

As for shocks I'm pretty sure ypu can't get yellows any more, but I could be wrong. Have a chat with archangel because he's currently in the process of sourcing a set of reds or blacks or something, and he's looking into alternative front springs too (cheaper but equally effective alternative).
Skrilla

Post by Skrilla »

Yeah please let me know if they are available or the rates,I'm very interested .
Skrilla

Post by Skrilla »

What's your wheel sizes and offset ,they fit awesome btw?
Piazza_man
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Piazza_man »

Skrilla wrote:What's your wheel sizes and offset ,they fit awesome btw?
Lenso Eagle 16x7.5 mags with +20mm offset, which is the correct offset for Piazzas
Piazza_man
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Piazza_man »

Skrilla wrote:Yeah please let me know if they are available or the rates,I'm very interested .
I'll get back to you.
Skrilla

Post by Skrilla »

Just gave her a full detail,the body will need minor work but the interior cleaned up like new with no cracks or imperfections.Next day off I will change the fluids and do a full tune up.

Piazza_man
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Piazza_man »

:thumbleft:
Skrilla

Post by Skrilla »

Thanks I worked on her all day and got some serious burns,haha.Serves me for not wearing any sunblock.Any word on them springs sir and are Konis still available?Do you have any extra parts by the way I need a small interior trim pieces?
Piazza_man
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Piazza_man »

Hopefully hear back from Kmac on Monday. Don't have much by way of small interior pieces. I would suggest Wedgenut or elky on this forum. Failing that I would try Clive from IPTOC in the UK.