Latest addition to the family

Showcase your rides here. Read "Picture Help" to find out how to host your pic's
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

Interesting about the different models, have never seen a "Bella" but there is a wrecker in christchurch or invercargill (can't remember which now that i was talking to last month reckoned he had a Piazza with a Bella garnish. I asked him if he would rip it off and send it to me but he muttered on about it being down the back and a long way from the shed and it is raining and cold and the phone never stops ringing, he hasn't got the time or it has to wait for a quite Sunday when he will be closed anyway. I got the impression it was one of those places you have to go get things yourself and if you argue about the price he will double it. I gave up in the end.
117Coupe
APC Member
APC Member

Post by 117Coupe »

Bella was the 'fashion' model! It included a mirror on each sun visor, swing down foot rest for the front seat passenger, side rubber protector strips, twin rear console boxes with lids (instead of rear speakers), rear luggage soft case and body coloured wing mirrors!

Paul
'80 Isuzu 117 Coupe
'87 Isuzu Aska
'93 Subaru SVX
'98 Mazda Roadster
'97 Honda Legend
'99 Honda Logo
'01 Toyota Will VS
'01 VW Polo
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

Jeez you know more than the rest of us put together.. ..I'm definitely coming to see you later in the year. maybe if I get you drunk you won't notice your Nero going missing.
117Coupe
APC Member
APC Member

Post by 117Coupe »

Being able to read and write Japanese, means that I have twice the amount of information sources available.

Plus I got to tour the Isuzu production facility in Japan back in 1990 and saw the Piazza being built as well as getting all my questions answered by the Isuzu staff.

Paul
'80 Isuzu 117 Coupe
'87 Isuzu Aska
'93 Subaru SVX
'98 Mazda Roadster
'97 Honda Legend
'99 Honda Logo
'01 Toyota Will VS
'01 VW Polo
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

Very cool, My daughter studied Japanese at school and both my kids were in Judo club where they were hosting some japanese boys and I used to help them out with their cars a little but I never got a grip on the lingo. The company I work for represent a japanese manufacturer but all our dealings are in english. The written stuff all looks like gates and fences to me. Beyond counting up to ten I'm lost with it. What a bonus! What area of Wellington are you in, when I visit the region I only usually have things to do in Kapiti, Porirua and Seaview. After that I usually stop off in Upper Hutt and then North back to Palmy and the Hawkes bay. I very rarely go into the city itself.

Mind you the last time I was there I noticed the bastards have shifted the Greta Point Tavern! The last time I drank there I misplaced my holden on the way back to the city. The next morning I couldn't find it and thought it had been nicked but something made me decide to go back to the tavern looking for it. I found it halfway down the hill road in Roseneath with the door open and radio still playing.

Moral of the story is don't drink and drive and get out for a leak halfway home and then start walking! :supz:
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

Its not the bushes in the panhard rod that make it move, its the design. The diff will move under the body of a car at the arc which the panhard rod sets.
A panhard rod would have to be parrallel to the diff and the surface its being driven on would have to be smooth to stop the suspension moving. As the susoension goes up and down it pushes and pulls at the diff.

Thats why ford came up with the watts link.

Cheers. Bob.
Too many Piazzas to little money.

Currently unemployed. Watch this space.
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

Took delivery of my latest one today, the white '83. It is actually a "Bella" and still has the original softcase and luggage straps, owners manual etc. etc. It came complete with a heap of data such as car mag road tests and an original Japanese sale booklet and price list with all the options. I can't understand any of it but the pictures are pretty. It even has the original sale detail when it came into NZ in 1989 and was sold for $17,000. Only two owners here and full service history over the years recorded. Add the personalised plates and it is a good score. I knew it was good but to see carpets and upholstry like new and ashtrays that have never been used is a real bonus.
GeminiCoupe
APC Member
APC Member

Post by GeminiCoupe »

So what are your plans for this one? It was you that had the red 4ZC! turbo and DOHC XE i think right? And the current one is a G200 SOHC yes?

Sorry about the questions.

Nick-
project - 76 Gemini Coupe G200z EFI Turbo
daily - 02 S15 Nissan 200SX GTspecS Turbo
wet-weather fun toy - TX 75 Gemini Sedan G200z
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

Buggerd if I know really. I have a red 4zc1 turbo for my toy, i have a red G200 SOHC which is a work in progress which my son has his beady eye on and a metallic grey g200 SOHC which is my wifes daily drive but she has her eye on the new white one because it has a slush box and she is lazy! That should leave me one spare for my daughter who thinks they sound coooooool.

I don't have a DOHC yet but I know where one can be had if i can find some cash and a place to put it!
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

wedgenut wrote: I know where one can be had if i can find some cash and a place to put it!
I find that the first bit is way more important than the last bit. Room is a lot easier to make than money. lol.

Bob
Too many Piazzas to little money.

Currently unemployed. Watch this space.