My Piazza project thread

Showcase your rides here. Read "Picture Help" to find out how to host your pic's
GeminiCoupe
APC Member
APC Member

Post by GeminiCoupe »

Only HK i like are the Monaros and they are worth a fucking fortune! Its out of a Bellet Sedan or a HR Premier for me. Bellet would be nice but they are harder to find then a HR, and conversion-side they arent too complex. Im leaning towards a HR with a HiLux rear end, VT discs, rack and pinion front end [i forget which car you can use to donate the rack, theres an easy conversion for it], and an EcoTech V6. If i remember correctly theres a conversion kit do it it all too. Something like this would be nice...

Just with A/C, LSD, 4Wdiscs, modernized suspension, velour trim...oh, and EFI power.

Sorry to hijack the thread. Maybe just get a whiteline swaybar and whiteline bushes? :P

Nick-
project - 76 Gemini Coupe G200z EFI Turbo
daily - 02 S15 Nissan 200SX GTspecS Turbo
wet-weather fun toy - TX 75 Gemini Sedan G200z
Bugle
A total post whore

Post by Bugle »

Oh yea HK Monaros are the best just be annoying as a daily driver having people offering to buy it at every set of lights :)
This is my dads beast

Yeah HR's look tough with a nice set of wheels, definitely have to go with a rack with power steering the old steering boxes aren't too precise.
I'd love to do a Bellett sedan too, looking completely standard with a 4ZE1 turbo lol. They look funny in pics but in the flesh they look pretty sweet. Very cheap too, a nice one sold on ebay a few days ago for $250

Not sure about the swaybar, doesn't a larger front one increase understeer? The handling by lotus model uses the same 23mm front swaybar just a thicker rear one.
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

Nolathane machines better if you stick it in the deep freeze for a couple of days but it is still tricky stuff.
So many cars, so little cash
GeminiCoupe
APC Member
APC Member

Post by GeminiCoupe »

Larger front swaybar promotes roll oversteer. Reason the Lotus model has a bigger rear is to create a static balance/more neutral handling.

Your dad owns a HK GTS? BULLSHIT! What is it, 307, 327 or 350 and is it genuine? :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: Id love a HK but in the buttercup yellow or the orangey-yellow. A Bellet would probably make the best daily, I wouldnt be going 4ZE1 though [ill leave that for the Gemini]. Something tells me G200 DOHC with quad throttles would give it the 60's Race Alfa-style feel.

Were WELL off target now. LOL

Nick-
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

GeminiCoupe wrote: Im leaning towards a HR with a HiLux rear end, VT discs, rack and pinion front end [i forget which car you can use to donate the rack, theres an easy conversion for it], and an EcoTech V6. If i remember correctly theres a conversion kit do it it all too. Something like this would be nice...

Just with A/C, LSD, 4Wdiscs, modernized suspension, velour trim...oh, and EFI power.
Why the HiLux???? To much hassles. Got the stud pattern to worry about and they arent as strong as the BW diff.

Theres no "bolt in rack" if you want it to drive right. I read a thing in i think it was the last issue of Street Machine about the front end conversions for early Holdens. Tod do it right you need a combo of bits from different cars. Its pretty critical that its set up right.

You could get a conversion kit to do the lot and i would imagine it would all add up too.
Id be checking the transplant engine size rule, id say an RB30 swap would be the easisest, its the same size motor and you wont need an engineers certificate, just a RWC can cover it.
*********************************************************************************

I loved them coupes too. Im over em a bit now. To expensive. Even an original chev fitted any body type HT-HG will bust your bank open. A schmic WB Statesman would do me for a daily. An EFI 5L transplant in it would do me even better. lol.

Cheers. Bob.
Too many Piazzas to little money.

Currently unemployed. Watch this space.
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

Bugle wrote:That'd be a huge lathe to be able to hold a 15 inch wheel!
Yeah i know. I was thinking of making something up. Ive got some N13 4x100 front hubs here. Just make up something that runs off a washing machine motor. Dont have to spin that fast if your taking it off slow and steady.

If i set it up right i could whizz up these mags ive got here and do em with the machined look.

Cheers. Bob.

Bugle
A total post whore

Post by Bugle »

Wedgenut the stuff melts so fast with a tool up against it I wouldnt have thought that freezing it would last too long once you get started.

Yeah genuine HK GTS, 186S engine
That orangey yellow colour is indy orange I think only available in HG i think, think thats the colour of the HG off to the side in the pics

Only thing wrong with a Bellett is its size, it's even smaller than a Gemini and the Gemini is a bit cramped but never sat in one to find out..

Bob heres a set up like that using an old motor, just for polishing wheels though
http://pforums.company-hosting.com/foru ... t=67192331
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

Wedgenut the stuff melts so fast with a tool up against it I wouldnt have thought that freezing it would last too long once you get started.
It doesn't heat up at all if you keep the coolant flow high, RPM high and feed slow. Freezing goes right to the core and even after machining it is cold and hard in the middle. I do the OD first leaving the cold core to keep it stable. After turning it is still cold enough to core drill undersize. I then re freeze it before finishing the bore. Sure it is a bit of a hassle but it is only time. The last set I got made were 38 ID x 52 OD x 50 long. I made and supplied the mould and they cost me $16.00 each for a quantity of ten. Too expensive on a per each basis, if you only want a couple it would cost about the same as buying ten so i just make what I need for ones and twos but I'm glad i don't have to pay me for my time! LOL
So many cars, so little cash
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

Cheers for the link Bugle.
It was a little more um, agricultural than i was thinking but its given me some ideas.

Im pretty sure ive got a frame or some Rhs that i can use out the back. Just need to find an ole washer to pinch a motor out of. Ive got some self centering bearings and some V-belt pulleys too somewhere.
I colected some of the stuff to spin up this big laminated timber roller that i found. Its about 2' round buy 18" wide with a concave face. Came of some old frame they used to use for bending big bore polly pipe. I never got round to finishing it. Never had a lathe you see. lol.

Cheers. Bob.

Bugle
A total post whore

Post by Bugle »

Even when warm it still machines ok sorta so didn't bother trying to freeze it. The smaller swaybar end link ones were easy I just drilled them out then mounted them on a piece of steel to turn the outside.

Looking forward to seeing this home made wheel lathe bob :)
Bugle
A total post whore

Post by Bugle »

Got some more stuff done
This is the inside of the car I repainted and seam sealed as much of the firewall as I could get to with that damn firewall rubber mat in the way. Have to take the whole dash out to get that thing off. Clutch fluid had leaked down the inside.. Then I put more sound deadener on the floor where I had removed it before.

Prepared the right side of the engine bay for painting
The surface between the firewall and the clutch master cylinder had some surface rust there so I had to clean all that off. There were also lots of brake fluid spills which wrecked alot of the paint. The radiator support bit had surface rust all over it from battery acid I guess. That was a bitch to clean up. Alot of the seam sealant was cracked or stuffed by brake fluid so I removed it all and re did itl.

Been working on the new battery tray. Cut off the only un rusted bit of the original tray and used it as a template for the bending then welded it to the bit that I made. Just have to drill holes in it now.
GeminiCoupe
APC Member
APC Member

Post by GeminiCoupe »

Good to see your getting stuff done! Its a race out of me, you and bob to see who gets theirs up and running first :finga:

You going to respray the car yourself? If so same colour or are you going to be the first to be different and go for something wild? Id go Cosmo Purple, youll never pull it apart to this extent ever again....i hope.

Nick-
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

Hey Bugle id weld all them holes up so you can be sure its painted both sides and in between both bits of metal.
Put captive nuts on the lower bits and bolts in the valeys of the tray. That way you can seal beween the two layers of metal and the acid or water cant get in and make more tin worm.

Good job it will look new when your done, well atleast under the hood will. lol.

bob.

Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

GeminiCoupe wrote:Good to see your getting stuff done! Its a race out of me, you and bob to see who gets theirs up and running first :finga:
Nick-
What you talkin bout Willis????

Mine goes.

Bob.

Bugle
A total post whore

Post by Bugle »

I think you'll have yours going first!

Yeah will respray it myself keeping it black. For now I think i'll just do the really bad bits, bonnet and roof and those bits above the back windows. The rest of the paint is shiney just has a few small dings.