going mad hehe

Showcase your rides here. Read "Picture Help" to find out how to host your pic's
Bradlze

Post by Bradlze »

GeminiCoupe wrote:Whoa, the red ones abit rough but ALOT of good bits and pieces there...

Both your Turbo's had front suspension damage right? Good news is crossmember/balljoints are the same, and you can the turbo disc to the spindles. Bob mentioned something not being right about the caliper mounts though, im sure you can work around it.

Nice Isuzu grille badge and import bumpers there! Anyone pick the analogue dash out on the white one? BTW, if you ever want to sell that analogue dash - consider it mine!

Nick-
yeah they are both pretty rough :( but hey shit happens
yeah i was thinking bout the crossmembers hopefully get it registered soon but im thinking bout a 4ze1 instead of the 4zc1
lol I didnt even notice the import bumpers lol
yeah they both have analogue dashs 3 out of my 4 piazza have them lol
arnt you a fan of the digital?
GeminiCoupe
APC Member
APC Member

Post by GeminiCoupe »

Not really a fan of the digitals, too unreliable and remind me too much of star wars/Z31 300zx. UGLY! Besides, something just isnt right about revs being displayed on a bar graph as opposed to a proper tacho.

I like the collection youve got happening, and i thought my garage was pretty good.

Nick-
project - 76 Gemini Coupe G200z EFI Turbo
daily - 02 S15 Nissan 200SX GTspecS Turbo
wet-weather fun toy - TX 75 Gemini Sedan G200z
Bradlze

Post by Bradlze »

GeminiCoupe wrote:Not really a fan of the digitals, too unreliable and remind me too much of star wars/Z31 300zx. UGLY! Besides, something just isnt right about revs being displayed on a bar graph as opposed to a proper tacho.

I like the collection youve got happening, and i thought my garage was pretty good.

Nick-
yeah the digital in the smashed white one doesnt work atm :( and ive never seen it actually workign although the owner before me assured that it does
collection lol dont get me started lol from last weekend I have
6 geminis
4 piazzas
2 jackaroos

:( I need to start wrecking I'm broke
Bugle
A total post whore

Post by Bugle »

Crossmembers aren't the same most JDM models seem to be missing the braces that go from the crossmember back to the chassis rails and don't have anywhere to mount them on the crossmember.. Those earlier ones definitely won't have it.

Those bumpers are teh same as Aus delivered ones for some reason we got the old style ones while japan got the better looking soft plastic ones..

Did the red Piazza come with the earlier type digital dash?
GeminiCoupe
APC Member
APC Member

Post by GeminiCoupe »

Forgot about the chassis braces, i meant in terms of mounting the engine or stealing, say the lower drivers side control arm for the smashed white one etc.

Red one is analogue too. Brad ill swap you a good digital dash for one of those analogue ones :weedman:

Nick-
Bugle
A total post whore

Post by Bugle »

Aww too bad..
Those early digi dashes are swoit
GeminiCoupe
APC Member
APC Member

Post by GeminiCoupe »

Whats the difference between the early and late models? Ive only ever seen the Aus-spec Digitals...

Nick-
Bugle
A total post whore

Post by Bugle »

It's got oil pressure gauge too.. Wonder why they removed it for later ones..
Bradlze

Post by Bradlze »

lol back to the future for sure lol
Bradlze

Post by Bradlze »

GeminiCoupe wrote: Nice Isuzu grille badge and import bumpers there! Anyone pick the analogue dash out on the white one? BTW, if you ever want to sell that analogue dash - consider it mine!

Nick-
there not import bumpers... are they?
Bugle
A total post whore

Post by Bugle »

Nah, but the ones on your handling by lotus one are the different ones
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

Nice Isuzu grille badge and import bumpers there! Anyone pick the analogue dash out on the white one? BTW, if you ever want to sell that analogue dash - consider it mine!

Nick-
I picked up some bits from a wrecked one the other day but left the analogue dash behind as it had 348k's on it. Not bad miles for an old G200z though. I didn't bother with the diff or gearbox because at those k's they will be pretty tired I reckon. I might grab the torque tube next visit if the front bearing is still intact.
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

wedgenut wrote: I picked up some bits from a wrecked one the other day but left the analogue dash behind as it had 348k's on it. Not bad miles for an old G200z though. I didn't bother with the diff or gearbox because at those k's they will be pretty tired I reckon. I might grab the torque tube next visit if the front bearing is still intact.
You might as well grab the dash, nothing a fiddle with wont fix. Depends how much the wrecker want for it.

Was it auto or manual???

I definately want some of those G200 4 speed auto flex plates and mounting hardware.

Bob.
Too many Piazzas to little money.

Currently unemployed. Watch this space.
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

Nah it was manual, I will keep my eyes open for you though but I haven't seen an auto in a yard for a long time, try asking Jaydee, he might have one as he has stripped a few I believe and i will ask around my contacts also.
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

Bob

Flex plate

Here is a note from a mate of mine that knows lots of shit about Piazzas and Holden in general

<<<<<What about 2.6 auto rodeo, bighorn, mu etc. The crank stud pattern is the same and ring gear the same for a fly wheel from memory will need cheeking. Do not know about hole and offset location for the torque converter. hope this helps.>>>>>>>