MY new JR130!!!!

Showcase your rides here. Read "Picture Help" to find out how to host your pic's
elky
Probationary
Probationary

MY new JR130!!!!

Post by elky »

ok this car was first seen by me but Chris was keen on it for his missus but as he has been in hospital he cannot get the car now and said i could have it so i went up there and drove it home!!! dunno bout this torque tube rear end the car handles very badly and the little front brakes are underpowered!!!

but still i like it and it is now in storage with my JR120 both are silver!!!!!

here is a pic of the induction pipe, pretty cool i reckon!!!

considering i was gonna goto NZ to get one i reckon luck was on my side as this one was 20mins from me and i never knew!!!
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

Yeah but does it do a skid????

Pics or ban.

Bob.
Too many Piazzas to little money.

Currently unemployed. Watch this space.
Bugle
A total post whore

Post by Bugle »

Probably handles bad because all the bushes are over 20 years old :) One advantage of the torque tube rear is that the Gemini bushes should all fit. Oh yeah those 13 inch wheels wouldn't help the handling much either..

When you gonna get it on the road?
GeminiCoupe
APC Member
APC Member

Post by GeminiCoupe »

Why the fuck would you go to NZ to buy a Piazza that goes and handles worse then an Aus-spec one? :finga:

I like it, looks good. Big fan of the colour-coded bumpers on the light coloured cars, dont know why it just looks good. It doesnt look as rough as Chris said it was either, what are your plans for this one? How bout giving me your PF60 seeing you have too many projects :weedman:

Nick-
project - 76 Gemini Coupe G200z EFI Turbo
daily - 02 S15 Nissan 200SX GTspecS Turbo
wet-weather fun toy - TX 75 Gemini Sedan G200z
Chris
IPTOC President
IPTOC President

Post by Chris »

GeminiCoupe wrote:Why the fuck would you go to NZ to buy a Piazza that goes and handles worse then an Aus-spec one? :finga:

I like it, looks good. Big fan of the colour-coded bumpers on the light coloured cars, dont know why it just looks good. It doesnt look as rough as Chris said it was either, what are your plans for this one? How bout giving me your PF60 seeing you have too many projects :weedman:

Nick-
Not nz, Sunshine coast.. Anyways, I am glad the car stayed in the family.. Things I noticed, Rear main seal is leaking badly, regarding breakes... I was driving it up the main road doing 60ks and put my foot down, not much power. Put my foot flat down on the break and the car wouldnt stop, which was kinda scary as the brake pads where close to new..

Anyways, I doubt you find many original Isuzu JR130's here in OZ and for that price it is a great bargain.. What are your plans with it elky?
LESS SHOW, MORE GO!!

2009 | 1986 White Piazza 2.2L, Man, STi Turbo (SOLD)
2006 | 1986 Black Piazza Turbo Manual (SOLD)
2005 | 1986 White Piazza Turbo Auto (Pain in the ass)
2004 | 1986 White Piazza Manual Stock
2004 | 1986 Red Piazza Manual TO3, Haltech
2001 | 1986 Silver Piazza Manual Turbo
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

Elky
I have three JR130 and one JR120 all with TT rear and they all handle well. The 120 in particular as it has stiffer springs without excess lowering and goes aound corners like a go cart, abso-bloody-lutely NO body roll and with Potenzas it sticks real well, just don't go out on rainy days. I have noticed looking at some of the pictures in the gallery that the OZ ones are all fifteen feet off the ground. Bring back down to jap standard height and replace the bushes and put decent shocks on it and you will be amazed at the difference. With sloppy shocks they roll like a fat pig in shit. The early brakes are okay with the right pads but in almost all cases the sliding caliper doesn't, the pins seize up and you are only using one pad on each wheel. I freed all of mine up and they stop nearly as good as the later larger brakes. I kinda wish I had left the rears partly seized though as they lock up too easy and the last thing you need when panicking is a wiggly arse. I've just got back from a four hour drive in mine in torrential can't see out the window type rain on normal twisty and turny roads in heavy traffic and at no stage was I concerned about cornering or stopping. The shaking hands, white knuckles and brown pants are perfectly normal for me and nothing to do with the car.................Honest! :finga:
So many cars, so little cash
elky
Probationary
Probationary

jr120's

Post by elky »

yeah i have relatives in auckland and have been there a few times ( i worked in their shop over summer once) so my plan was to buy 2 piazzas and strip one and pile it all into the better one, i wanted jr130's because of the twin cam and (in manual form lsd) torque tube rear ends which are similar to gemini's.

i also get a holiday as well!!!!!! :tonqe:

the plans for the car are unknown, but i WILL NOT wreck it!!!! just too rare to pass up!!!

i would like to restore each of the model as i get them

eg: 1 bellett, 1 jr120(got), 1 jr130(got), 1 117 coupe, tx coupe (got), td sedan, tf/tg sedan, jt gemini(got), jt 150 irmsher etc

i passed a opportunity to get a bellet REAL cheap and am kickin myself over it!!!

basically all the money i make goes back into my hobby, so in the 5 years i have been collecting i have amassed quite a bit of stuff!!!!!

right now we are gettin the JT gemini on the road for my missus as it is the only isuzu she will drive cuase of the power steering/air etc, i am still workin on my tx coupe :supz: then the Pf60 will b restored ( i hope it only takes a year) then.... prolly a piazza

look out for my coupe as i will b racing it at willowbank and hillclimbs

cheers
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

Yeah well I've got bucket loads of JR130 stuff but nothing twin cam, quite rare over hear as well, in the last 3 years i have seen one engine up for sale and another bloke with a box of ecu's of unknown condition but they were twin cam ones. The majority here are JR130 fitted with the G200z SOHC
elky
Probationary
Probationary

piazza

Post by elky »

yeah at least u guys got em from early 83, our rules didn't allow for those to be imported easily, i have seen a few on trademe and got itchy fingers!!! at least i got one now, and i have 4 spare g200w's here too!!!! :supz: parts are not a problem!!!!! now maybe i will bring over a vauxuall chevette........seriously when i was over there last (1998) i couldn't believe the imports u guys got, as at the time that stuff was scarce here with most being imported in WA cause of the relaxed rules they had!

times have changed tho....

now it's 180's, silvias etc boring.....then again there are many who hate piazza's !!!
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

maybe i will bring over a vauxuall chevette
I suppose you saw that Chevette Wagon on Trademe with the Piazza DOHC engine some bloke was trying to give away, don't know if he managed to sell it after the auction but it didn't meet reserve of $600 at the time. Plenty of chevettes come up so you shouldn't have too much trouble finding one. If you spot one in the Auckland area and need an eyeball of it let me know
madmike
Power Moderator
Power Moderator

Post by madmike »

come and take my chevette!!!!! please!!!!
ive got lots of spares for it and even a hs spoiler kit!!
Sideways by choice!!!!!
elky
Probationary
Probationary

chevette

Post by elky »

hahaha i wish!!! just gettin the car to the port here would cost $2000!!!! let alone, quarantine/gst/customs!!!

maybe i will buy one when we go for a holiday and drive it around!!!
Jay Dee
APC Member
APC Member

Twin Cam Piazza

Post by Jay Dee »

Just sold a G200W motor here toa guy to make a compressor out of .........
Have a complete 1982 Twin Cam five-speed Piazza which still has live registration and three complete G200W Twin-cam motors - two still in dead bodies that are ready to go to the recycler - the neighbours want them GONE from the car parks in front of my warehouse. They are auto cars.
No-one here seems to want them but removing the motors from the cars, palleting them and preparing them for shipping would simply cost a pretty penny - I am not a charity!
I guess they just get dumped due to the cost factor..............
CHCH NZ
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Re: Twin Cam Piazza

Post by Rodeobob »

Jay Dee wrote:Just sold a G200W motor here toa guy to make a compressor out of .........
Have a complete 1982 Twin Cam five-speed Piazza which still has live registration and three complete G200W Twin-cam motors - two still in dead bodies that are ready to go to the recycler - the neighbours want them GONE from the car parks in front of my warehouse. They are auto cars.
No-one here seems to want them but removing the motors from the cars, palleting them and preparing them for shipping would simply cost a pretty penny - I am not a charity!
I guess they just get dumped due to the cost factor..............
Yeah rub it in why dont ya.

Bob.
Too many Piazzas to little money.

Currently unemployed. Watch this space.
Bradlze

Post by Bradlze »

send them to me
i will give 2 cartons of beer for every motor you send :drinkers: