The second coming.

Showcase your rides here. Read "Picture Help" to find out how to host your pic's
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

GeminiCoupe wrote:
Rodeobob wrote:What do you mean was?????

You still are, youve done nothing but muck since you first bought the red Piazza
Ive still had it less then youve had yours :finga: :finga: :finga: -
That may be so, but mine runs fine, new turbo, paint is good, just needs new balljoints.
GeminiCoupe wrote:VRS set $135
Timing belt $35

Sound fair? Should i just get a gasket instead of the VRS?

Nick-
VRS sounds a bit much. I paid just on $100 for the last one i got. Your better off getting the VRS, then you get a new valve cover gasket etc and you will need most of em. Pays to change em coz the old ones will be hard and leaking. Ditto with the cam seal, the mounting boss for the cam pulley slides off the front of the cam then the seal goes in behind it. Use the new valve stem seals as well, your old ones will be hard as. You will need a valve spring compressor.

Thats a good price for the belt.
Too many Piazzas to little money.

Currently unemployed. Watch this space.
GeminiCoupe
APC Member
APC Member

Post by GeminiCoupe »

VRS for 4ZC1 Turbo is $185, got it for $97. Timing belt ended up being $27.60 gotta love connections :prayer:

Basically i would post photos but their on my phone and i cant be fucked at the moment. Engine is 97% ready to rip out, and will be out tomorrow arvo. And then begins the fun of ripping it out of the red car...eww.

Nick-
project - 76 Gemini Coupe G200z EFI Turbo
daily - 02 S15 Nissan 200SX GTspecS Turbo
wet-weather fun toy - TX 75 Gemini Sedan G200z
Rick82

Post by Rick82 »

sorry for the late response mate, when i pull my dash forward due to dodgy boost guage ill let you know what wires you will need to bridge to start her, one problem tho! the wires you bridge to start the car must then be broken before you start to change gears, i found that with the wires bridged when i put the car into revers it would kick the starter motor over while the car was running so i installed a push button on the dash, that way you only push it to start the car and it also acts as a anti theft device as the button looks like it is related to the alarm and you wouldnt want to push it if you where trying to steel it. works a treat my mechanic had to call me on how to start it when he has swapping my gearboxes.
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

Do you remember which wires you needed to bridge to fuck off the park-neutral sensor?

There is a wiring loom runs down under the centre console to just behind the gear lever and you can access it without taking the console out if you remove the knob and wrestle the sloppy old fabric cover out. It has a big plastic connector on the end and the wires for park/neutral lock out ar connected to it. If you bridge the terminals all will be well. I discovered this when one of my manual cars wouldn't start when I had the radio out as it runs through the same multi blocks as the console wiring system. On maual cars it is all there with a jumper wire to do the job. If you like I can probably take a piccie of it to show which is what. Easier than rummaging around under the dash.
So many cars, so little cash
GeminiCoupe
APC Member
APC Member

Post by GeminiCoupe »

What awaits me. Bout 15mins work and 6bolts and shell be out.

Nick-
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

I dont get why you didnt just pull the head off it.
It was good advice i thought, advice you asked for.

Could have saved yourself a fair bit of work, just by undoing 10 head bolts. At a later date you will know for sure. Youve got the motor up in the Gem forum trying to sell it as a rebuilder, probably nothing wrong with the bottom half.

So your going to pull the motor out of the red car take the head off it and put it back on then put it in the silver car. If youd taken the head off the silver motor you could have just put the head off the red motor in it and it could have been running by now.

Dont know why you asked me what i thought about it when you chased me up for advice.

Is it because youve got to have a manual box and youve got to have a LSD. Blah Blah. Thats sort of like you had to have shiny new paint.

Cant be commenting on how desperate you are to have it running if youve got time to piss around.

Sorry if ive pissed you off dude but i say its a fair call.

Bob.

Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

PS, Just get it running already so we can meet up at calder on a friday night and race each other.

Mines right to wheel on the trailer and take racing.
At least if something gives out, brakes, steering etc the wahhbulance isnt far away. lol.

bob.

GeminiCoupe
APC Member
APC Member

Post by GeminiCoupe »

Yeah, and it was what i was going to do until i realised something must really be amiss downstairs if it managed to shred an as-new timing belt. Theres less unknowns with the red engine - ive driven it and driven it hard. The auto also appears to be stuffed [leaking alot of fluid] so instead of leaving things to chance with the hope of nothing being wrong, then finding out otherwise and losing more time, i thought id just do it this way.

Itll be running soon, dont worry. Then i need ball joints and a new steering rack.

Nick-
GeminiCoupe
APC Member
APC Member

Post by GeminiCoupe »

Half way there.

Nick-
Bugle
A total post whore

Post by Bugle »

I like the mirrors wtf :rolf:
GeminiCoupe
APC Member
APC Member

Post by GeminiCoupe »

Terminator style disgust

"See you at the party Richtahhhhh"

Nick-

PS - That was total recall if you dont remember...
Bugle
A total post whore

Post by Bugle »

Consider dud a divoarce

You gonna swap the brake booster over? For some reason autos have a double decker one and manuals single.. Guess you've just gotta press the brake harder with manual.
GeminiCoupe
APC Member
APC Member

Post by GeminiCoupe »

Dont see the need to swap the boosters over, im sure this will work fine. Theres always the handbrake anyway.

Bit of progress, both motors are out and ive started fixing the headgasket.

You can really see the milkshake on the pic above, below is with the cam cover off and the head, rocker arms etc look pretty fucking good/clean, which is always a welcome sign.

Dumb wog working on it [thatd be me]

Its just a matter of getting the head checked out now, then bolting it back on. Got most of the manual stuff out for the conversion so im getting there slowly-slowly. Now i had a stupid thought yesterday...matt black engine bay "just in case". What do you think?

Nick-
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

Milkshake????
Is that off the motor in the red car???
The milkshake could just be from condensation. The motor has been sitting around and hasnt been driven/run long enough to evapourate the moisture out of the rocker cover for ages, like over 12 months.

It does look nice and clean up top, it could look like this

Is all the gear there to bolt in the clutch setup under the dash on the auto car?????

I picked up the Piazza off Roy today. I scored a nice JDM bumper too. :yawinkle:

Geez i dont know, you dont look too wog to me. lol.

Bob.

GeminiCoupe
APC Member
APC Member

Post by GeminiCoupe »

The front bumper? Thats mine asshole...roy said its at his house waiting for me to pick it up :finga:

Yeah that is the motor of the red car, and nah it hasnt really sat there its been started regularly and ive taken it for the odd blat every now and then. Im pretty sure its a headgasket as it only started milkshaking after i changed the coolant. Im guessing the dickhead before me did the dirty on me by filling it with ChemiWeld, couldve also been part of the reason why he was selling it. Yeah yeah i got ripped big time. Young and stupid i guess. Either way even if the headgasket is fine it only cost me $100 and better to do it now then *think* its condensation and find out otherwise.

Im rapt at how clean the top end looks. Its abit early to say just yet, but thinks are looking good.

Nick-