Gemini owners into For Sale. Please Vote

APC/ Forum suggestions and comments. Would you like to see anything added or changed?

Should new members be able to access the For Sale sections?

Poll ended at Fri Oct 21, 2005 6:42 pm

Allow
13%
Dissallow
88%

Total votes: 8

Chris
IPTOC President
IPTOC President

Gemini owners into For Sale. Please Vote

Post by Chris »

As I believe we have discussed this alot and as far as I thought worked it out. We still seem to have complaints and even some members may have doubts about this 0-30 post isnt allowed in forsale sections.

Fair enaugh. So now heres a chance for all members to vote.

Allow - Any member regardless of posts have access
Dissallow - New members have to past their 30 posts to gain access.

Anyone can vote, but please make sure to only give one vote. IP's are recorded so double votes will be deleted.

If you may have any better ideas in how to stop gemini owners than please discuss your ideas here.
LESS SHOW, MORE GO!!

2009 | 1986 White Piazza 2.2L, Man, STi Turbo (SOLD)
2006 | 1986 Black Piazza Turbo Manual (SOLD)
2005 | 1986 White Piazza Turbo Auto (Pain in the ass)
2004 | 1986 White Piazza Manual Stock
2004 | 1986 Red Piazza Manual TO3, Haltech
2001 | 1986 Silver Piazza Manual Turbo
shorty

Post by shorty »

as much as i hate it i can't think of a better way to do things, but i will hold of my vote till i see some replys.

i mean yeah it is a good idea for us to stop new members going to the for sale but how do we know that they are serious about wanting a piazza??? and if they really want one from this site to strip then what is to stop them just putting bulls*#t reply like "yeah" or "i agree", you know stuff like that just to get there numbers up i mean we all know 30 post can be done in a day or two. jacking the number up to like 50 or 100 is just getting to far.

can we set up a way so that if a member is active on a regular basis for a week or a month then they are aloud in the for sale forums. that would make it harder to get around the 30 post system and prove there loyalty to the holden piazza.

sorry about the spelling mistakes people
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

I think the two forum for sale sections are the right thing. Perhaps the gemini one should be renamed. Its not nice to label people. Its carist.
Why i think that is that the section for members only would most likley contain the lower quality cars. Possibly suited to parts at a cheaper price. Cars other owners find in the intrest of other owners.

If someone wants a Piazza, because they are an enthusiest they could possibly want something a bit better. Perhaps they should post up a price range in their wanted add. Perhaps all cars advertised over a certain price should have the threads copied to the open for sale section. Say $2000 and over.

If someone wants a motor or bits and are a new member they can post up in the open section that suits what they want. Its the sellers discretion to sell to them then.

Like you said shorty, If they want it they will get it. If they choose to do it via dubious means well so be it.

I can also point out that there are a few members that are Piazza and Gemini owners. So lets not be carist about it.

Bob.
Too many Piazzas to little money.

Currently unemployed. Watch this space.
Chris
IPTOC President
IPTOC President

Post by Chris »

well 7 to 1 so non or the less even if the outcome would of been everyone for allowing new owners to access for sales sections I have thought about this.. We are getting slowly to more a club based website.. Our rules say " This club has been created to preserve this rare car not the oposite". And I am putting my foot down here since I have been paying for hosting and other members spend so much time submitting posts to piazza enthusiasts only. Either of us would hate to see that someboday would wreck a piazza through this website. So no matter what, Rodeobob and wegdenut will be power mods and are able to ban anyone who does not seem like a legit piazza enthusiast owner.

Also one of my little secret was combaining our club with the isuzu car club of australia which holds about 80 members to this day forward.

Both club are facing similar problems.. Having meets. ICCOA used to have a club house in nsw for generally meetings but has stopped it due to members not showing up.. I had a very long talk today to the president of ICCOA and Peter of the Bellet club of Victoria..

I am not gonna lie to you, but I would like our club to join the Isuzu Car Club of Australia for a few reasons:
1. We will be able to have state wide regular meets
2. We will have to charge a membership fee but it will keep those gem wreckers outside but everyone will be insured and will receive monthly newsletters.
3. We combain 80+80 members together and we are much closer to our goal.

I have only presented this term under those conditions:

1. Keeping the forum alive and extending it to an all isuzu forum
2. The isuzu car club of australia will be both Aussie and NZ orientaited.

If we cant agree on both of those then we will stay seperate. Also I would like to note that the Isuzu Car Club of Australia is still running though the website hasnt been updated since 1999.

The president will host a meeting to discuss this matter. Neither the less what ever outcome may be the APC will still be here.

If the ICCOA decides to allow to join us under those terms than we will have to undergo thougher rules. Also their will be tougher forum regulations such as Work Shop submissions. Those submission will need to be reviewed by a mod first before puplicated...

Also note if we do combain both clubs together that we will need insurance, abn number etc,, So that for we will have to charge an administrative fee to cover the costs.. All this is still a long term view so please let me know what you think about it..

Regards,

Chris S.
LESS SHOW, MORE GO!!

Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

Yep id say thats fair enough Chris.

Its all rocking horse shit no matter which way you look at it, Wasp, Bellete, Florian, Piazza.

Pitty i cant find someone up for the cause on the Rodeo. Might have to start my own site. lol.

Cheers. Bob.

Chris
IPTOC President
IPTOC President

Post by Chris »

Dont worry bob, rodeo will be included! :goodman:
LESS SHOW, MORE GO!!

wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

I don't mind a membership fee as it will certainly keep the casual nosey people from signing up, if it doesn't go ahead maybe we should do the same for ours for the same reason. I assume here that the aussie club is not a 4wd club? the Isuzu club over here is dedicated to 4wd's and most of them think a Piazza is a cafe in Rome that sells Pizza. They talk a completely differnt language which is on about free whell hubs and which tyres are best for mud versus clay and diesel engines are the order of the day.

Yay! what about a jacked up Piazza four wheel drive with a turbo diesel engine and bull bars. Gun mounts in the back and a row of little orange lights across the roof. All you gotta do then is fit the rear garnish upside down so when they drag it out of the river they can read the name. LOL

Don't worry the men in the white coats will be here soon :supz:
Chris
IPTOC President
IPTOC President

Post by Chris »

Dont' worry the ICCOA only allows: Bellett, Gemini 75-93, Piazza 81-93, Bellel, Florian, 117 Coupe, Aska, 4200R.

Although the current rules demand any isuzu/holden owner to change they emblames to Isuzu.

Main reason for membership fees are insurance. As their will be monthly gatherings every single member will be insured. Imagine somebody smahes his car while at a cruise. Guy dies, the wife sues the club. It happened before. Also it will cover the cost of the monthly newsletters and free raffels.

But like I said, I am still talking soap bubbles here.
LESS SHOW, MORE GO!!

wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

I wonder if they would insure me against drowning if I drove my turbo from Auckland to Sydney. I promise to keep the windows shut. If James bond can do it why can't I?
Bugle
A total post whore

Post by Bugle »

4200R hey? Pretty hard to own one since it's a prototype :)
Although I wouldn't mind a lambo kitcar chassis with a 4200R body and a turbo Isuzu V6..
Chris
IPTOC President
IPTOC President

Post by Chris »

Well their the models i have been told are in the club
LESS SHOW, MORE GO!!

Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

What no Wasp????

Bad Isuzu club. :axe:

lol

On second thoughts the KB20/40 should also be included. They arent that common and they are an Isuzu.

Bob.

GeminiCoupe
APC Member
APC Member

Post by GeminiCoupe »

Im all for the merge with the Isuzu Car Club, it could only benifit our little cars survival with like minded enthusiasts.

What are part of the rules of being in the club Chris? Is an Isuzu badge on the car as opposed to the Holden one a pre-requisit? If so im off to badge that blasted RB in my street....mmm...isuzu badge.

Nick-
project - 76 Gemini Coupe G200z EFI Turbo
daily - 02 S15 Nissan 200SX GTspecS Turbo
wet-weather fun toy - TX 75 Gemini Sedan G200z
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

I think the Holden Piazza should remain the Holden Piazza.

If it wasnt for Holden none of us would have one.

Bob.

wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

WELL BUGGER! all mine are isuzu but i went to the trouble of cadging a Holden Garnish for my sons one. Even though it still needs shit loads of work he's got the garnish on already. Can't wait to see his face if i tell him its gotta go LOL. I'm not fussed, they ain't gonna send Isiuzu police over to check on me, are they. What's wrong with the Holden Marque anyway, they are still Isuzu cars made by Isuzu, so what if Mr Holden stuck his name on them. I can't really see them taking it that seriously they would exclude Holden Piazzas.