Cheaper piazza parts. Post what u know R&D

New, Old anything that bolts on and goes
Chris Schumann

Cheaper piazza parts. Post what u know R&D

Post by Chris Schumann »

Hey as most people know, piazza parts arnt cheap and hard to find.

What do u do if your starter motor or your fuel pump goes?

THis thread is about helping eachother. So if you know any parts which fit on a piazza from a diffrent car, post them.

Here are my 2 cents:

- Holden Rodeo Rear main and Timing Seals
- Holden Rodeo Fuel pump
- Ford Bosskit (Sorry forgot which ford its was.
I think it was the older model telstra or laser.
It took me forever to find one for my steering)
- Gemini gear box ( I am not 100% on that)
- Gemini Starter motor

Alot of Rodeo and Gemini parts fit on a pizza.

? Last Edit: Apr 15, 2004, 9:15pm by Chris Schumann ?
Matt

Post by Matt »

Gemini gearbox internals will fit but are different ratios, outside casing is different.
- Vl pod adaptors fit piazza afm
- Shuttle has the same rotor button
- Dizzy cap is piazza only costs $92.50 new from holden and has to come from melbourne.
Chris Schumann

Post by Chris Schumann »

By looking at my work shop manual, I think most of gemini engine parts may fit. :?
rodavo

Post by rodavo »

Is the rodeo pump exactly the same as the piazza one and will bolt straight up??
Chris Schumann

Post by Chris Schumann »

Hey,
I am not to sure on that. All i Know is that it works.

You best of getting a cheap one from the wreckers to try it out.
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

The piazza gearbox front half of the case is the same as the gemini. The rear half is the same apart from where the two holes the remote shifter attaches to. They're shifted backwards if i remember correctly.. One hole of the remote shifter will still line up. The output spline is different. The drive gear bearing retainer and clutch fork are different to suit the push hydraulic clutch setup.

Gemini upper balljoints are the same apparently..
botcolon

Post by botcolon »

searched high and low for a waterpump. Powermax, the most used distributor which most auto places use don't do water pumps anymore. Shuttle doesn't fit since the shaft length is longer, so you fan belt will be out. I found the best way to order other then america where you will pay 90USD in post was New Zealand.

Partsco.com had it. Part is made in new zealand by BNT. I haven't received the part but will update later.

BTW, after 3 weeks searching, rare spares auto1 had access to a genuine article and it was $319AUD.

NZ one will end up costing me roughly $180.
Matt

Post by Matt »

- TE gemini guard side indicators are the same.

- Front shocks are the same as gemini fronts.

- Rear Koni orange shocks are the same as rear VR commadore wagons.
riggi
Learner
Learner

can you guys help

Post by riggi »

im putting the 2ltr turbo engine into my vauxhall chevette does any one know what gearboxes bolt up to the 2ltr turbo engine, most suspension and running gear from the piazza bolts over to the vauxhall,
cheers
riggi
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

Idealy you should use the box from behind the motor your putting in.

Use a gearbox out of a Rodeo pickup. If you have any more questions ask in the engine/drive train section.

Cheers. Bob.
Too many Piazzas to little money.

Currently unemployed. Watch this space.
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

botcolon wrote:searched high and low for a waterpump. Powermax, the most used distributor which most auto places use don't do water pumps anymore. Shuttle doesn't fit since the shaft length is longer, so you fan belt will be out. I found the best way to order other then america where you will pay 90USD in post was New Zealand.

Partsco.com had it. Part is made in new zealand by BNT. I haven't received the part but will update later.

BTW, after 3 weeks searching, rare spares auto1 had access to a genuine article and it was $319AUD.

NZ one will end up costing me roughly $180.
I might have an answer here,

The piazza water pump, what size are the bolts that hold the fan and pulley on???? I havent pulled my piazza apart nor looked. any one know off the top of their head???

Im putting a 1.8L motor in a shuttle that used to have a 2L motor in it. The 2L had 8mm bolts and a longer neck, the 1.8L has 6mm bolts and a shorter neck. The spacings on the holes are different as is the diameter of the center locating shaft/hub that the pulley and fan go on. The different pumps pulleys and fans have different depths/offsets to suit the shaft length, but everything ends up in the same place.

They both have fixed 4 blade fans. I think the piazza has a viscous hub, is that right???

If any one has a Piazza pump they can measure please do so. The distance between the holes and the size of the boss/shaft in the centre. The pulley off set for the belt might be handy too. Before i put the radiator in the bus tomorrow i will take some pics and measurements.

The 1.8L pump may be a straight match or with a bolt hole change a cheaper replacement.

I will have a look for the 2.3L pump, i think i used it on the 1.8L when i put it in the ute. Ive got a 2.6L pump here and its different where it goes onto the block, it goes onto a bigger hole, but has the same bolt pattern to mount it on the block.

This thread is not covering too many exacting matches, ive nutted a few things out, i will start another thread soon. this one can be for guesses and sorting stuff out. Does that sound fair enough guys???

Ive got a few pics and stuff to load off the computer once i clear some hard drive room, then i will post up what ive sorted.

Cheers. Bob.
Too many Piazzas to little money.

Currently unemployed. Watch this space.
speedracerles

Post by speedracerles »

Im looking for a new motor inside the US, Have been looking for a long time now. Dose anyone have a line on anything like this. Isuzu impulse or piazza....1986 to 1988

Thanks.
Isuzu impulse turbo, my weapon of choice!
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

One of your compatriots has a complete spare brand spanking new donkey sitting in his garage, check out the posts. Will he sell it? I doubt it but worth asking
So many cars, so little cash
Bugle
A total post whore

Post by Bugle »