PBR brake pads?

New, Old anything that bolts on and goes
Impulsive Yank

PBR brake pads?

Post by Impulsive Yank »

I see cheap-o sets on ebay for PBR semi-metallic pads.

from quick research it looks like a company with HQ in Australia? is it ok stuff or shyte

thanks
88 Impulse Turbo
will do good deeds for beer :drinkers:
GeminiCoupe
APC Member
APC Member

Post by GeminiCoupe »

PBR make alot of brake components including calipers, mastercyinders etc and generally have a pretty good reputation down here. Not sure how good the pads are as i have never used them, id be looking to check if they have any anti-squeel compound built into them as using asbestos is banned in Aus. Asbestos was what stopped the brakes from squeeling under application.

Good luck.

Nick-
project - 76 Gemini Coupe G200z EFI Turbo
daily - 02 S15 Nissan 200SX GTspecS Turbo
wet-weather fun toy - TX 75 Gemini Sedan G200z
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

Generally PBR is medium to good stuff, like all manufacturers they usually offer different grades at different prices. You know the kind of thing, Economy, gold and boy racer grades. The cheaper they are the longer they last cos thay got nuthin in them that will stop you and are as hard as a very hard thing.The expensive ones will give you seat belt burns and last as long as a cold beer on a warm day. The cheap ones are the noisy ones. Depends what you want out of them I guess. Me? I like to stop before I hit things. You look pretty silly raving on about your cheap brake pads with your bumper rammed three feet inside the back of a 4x4.
So many cars, so little cash
Bugle
A total post whore

Post by Bugle »

I ordered PBR brake and clutch master cyl rebuild kits and got bits made by "India Brake Service" what a rip..
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

Did they come free curry powder? a thousand pardons, my goodness gracious me! :finga:
So many cars, so little cash