Turbo

After a Piazza or just some parts. Here's the place to go.
Ajstew
Probationary
Probationary

Turbo

Post by Ajstew »

Anyone have a full Turbo set up - to convert my standard g200 to a turbo one?? ... and if they do how much PSI would i be able to run it at :-?

or would it be easier to Drop a turbo engine in it ... ???

are they water cooled or air cooled -- for the turbo intercoolers??
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

Forget the g200 option, either buy a turbo car or buy a complete turbo engine to drop in, however you will also need a turbo ECU, Knock control computer, TCS computer plus AFM all front wiring and connectors. The engine sits further forward than the G200 so you will also need to drag the gearbox forward and lengthen the prop shaft and the gear lever remote linkeage, either that or make custom mounts.

Jeez I don't envy you, if you really want to go that way you could buy my fully reconditioned Turbo Engine which is complete including Turbo and all engine wiring, we may be able to discuss ECU, KCC, TCS and AFM as well but you would be a whole lot cheaper buying a complete car, and shit loads easier as well.

Oh I tell you what I do know a bloke in Whangarei who has a G200 engine all set up for turbo i'm sure and he would be very pleased to hear from you.

Ring Jason on 021 511969, I think he used an after market ECU
So many cars, so little cash
Ajstew
Probationary
Probationary

Post by Ajstew »

Thanks... is the one in whanagarei for sale ???

ok thats quite a bit of work, like i knew i needed new ECU and new injectors and stuff but not that amount of work needed :-( ... is your completely reconditioned turbo engine does that come with loom, ecu, computer like all that necessary stuff?

what kind of cooling system do they have... are they air cooled or water cause by the look of your pics of your cars they look to be air cooled, as they have that extended front bumper and the hole for where a front mount would go..

isuzu.racing@gmail.com

Piazza Drifting INC
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

All Turbo piazzas in NZ are imported JDM models and almost all are floating bearing oil lubricated/cooled turbos. The Oz models had water cooled turbo. Both have the same intercooler in behind the grill.

My rebuilt engine is complete with the engine loom. But you can't afford it LOL

I should have all the other gear as well but it would all end up more expensive than simply buying an original turbo car ready to drive. Why stuff around ruining that very nice example you have.
Ajstew
Probationary
Probationary

Post by Ajstew »

lol i cant find a turbo one :-( ... nor can i buy one cause i dont know where one is :-( ... btw how much is your turb engine? just out of curiosity?? yeah ill give that guy a ring ay
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

Maybe if you twisted my sons arm you could buy his turbo manual as he is looking to buy a hot hatch of some kind, 1986 model has around 170k's on the clock and recent recon engine, new exedy clutch, external boost gauge, good rubber recent new warrant. Has new ball joints, rack ends, sway bar bushes etc so nothing much to do. A few cosmetic nicks and scratches etc but no rust. Interior quite tidy as well, Currently limited to 7psi but runs 10psi okay if you want to.

You could probably have that for 2.5k and that would be cheaper than buying my rebuilt engine for a transplant and a whole lot less hassle.

let me know by email if interested and i will give you his phone number, I'll email you a picture
piazza-crx
APC Member
APC Member

Post by piazza-crx »

I have a decent RBH5 in my possession if u r interested.
If Gemini's were ever meant to go fast, they would have come out of the factory with 4zc1t engines!!

Business CD Solutions
Ajstew
Probationary
Probationary

Post by Ajstew »

whats a RBH5 or what ever? ..
hrrrm i might be able to see what i can do in relation to your sons one ay... erm i dont have your email ay... sorry i lost it cause i had to format my computer but my new email is isuzu.racing@gmail.com

sweet as so jsut give me a email ay and i'll see what i can do but i might be keen ay
madmike
Power Moderator
Power Moderator

Post by madmike »

rbh5 is the model of the turbo......
Wedgenuts sons piazza is a good buy at that price it is a very nice car!!!!
If i had the money i would look at it myself..
Please don't go down the route of turbo onto your g200 it is far too nicer a car to mod like that. There would be very few in that sort of condition..
Go for a genuine turbo model...
They are around but require a bit of hunting to find.
Sideways by choice!!!!!
Ajstew
Probationary
Probationary

Post by Ajstew »

yeah im quite interested in it at this stage of things ay...
Ajstew
Probationary
Probationary

Post by Ajstew »

Mad mike were you in hamilton the other day by anychance??? saw a piazza very similar to yours at pak 'n' save on sunday ay...
madmike
Power Moderator
Power Moderator

Post by madmike »

nope nope not guilty this time......

I have a feeling you would hav seen mike the rev's car....
His is the same colour scheme as mine
But it's a g200 like yours.

mine has the plate QYKCAR
Sideways by choice!!!!!