OEM Oz \ General parts request, look hither.

After a Piazza or just some parts. Here's the place to go.
mauriziomerli
Probationary
Probationary

OEM Oz \ General parts request, look hither.

Post by mauriziomerli »

Thought I might as well post up in the AUS \ NZ section because I've got a better chance of finding the parts I want.

1. 'Waffle' Style alloys. Will obviously pay all shipping costs to the UK. Must track up straight and be presentable. Would prefer without tyres.

2. Digital dash cluster. Same deal really.

3. Manual gearknob shifter. My car has a horrible aftermarket one fitted.

4. Door and rear speakers.

5. Passenger side (N\S) seat tipper knob.

6. Driver's side door scissor (the switch works \ clicks and I've heard the motor, so this must be a grab rail \ scissor problem....right?)

7. Momo steering wheel hub adaptor.

Have put most of this to the IPTOC, but after a fantastic inital response all seems to have gone dead. They must have all gone to the toilet or something.
Chris
IPTOC President
IPTOC President

Post by Chris »

Why bother mate? Just go for after market once not worth the postage
LESS SHOW, MORE GO!!

2009 | 1986 White Piazza 2.2L, Man, STi Turbo (SOLD)
2006 | 1986 Black Piazza Turbo Manual (SOLD)
2005 | 1986 White Piazza Turbo Auto (Pain in the ass)
2004 | 1986 White Piazza Manual Stock
2004 | 1986 Red Piazza Manual TO3, Haltech
2001 | 1986 Silver Piazza Manual Turbo
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

1. 'Waffle' Style alloys. Will obviously pay all shipping costs to the UK. Must track up straight and be presentable. Would prefer without tyres.

2. Digital dash cluster. Same deal really.

3. Manual gearknob shifter. My car has a horrible aftermarket one fitted.

5. Passenger side (N\S) seat tipper knob.

6. Driver's side door scissor (the switch works \ clicks and I've heard the motor, so this must be a grab rail \ scissor problem....right?)

7. Momo steering wheel hub adaptor.
Bit of a list there, set of wheels not really a problem but hard to find in nice condition. Digi dash Why Why Why? they are more trouble than they are worth, if that is what you are set up for i can understand but if not you are going to have a devil of a job getting one set up in an analogue loom. Even if you can get one that works reliably it may not with your wiring. Think very carefully on that one.

Original gear knob isn't exactly that desirable either, if you want a nice one get one from a late eighties gemini, they are the exactt same shape but the stitching is nicer and the top bezel is attractive

Chris is right about the oem speakers, why would you want crappy 20w fronts with 8w rear? If you want original covers to keep the look that is no problem at all but put some decent sound behind them.

I'm sure I got a seat tipper knob as many others would, let me know if you don't get help closer, I'll be charging up the M6 in July so i'll chuck one out the window on to the east lancs rd if you like LOL.

The window lift comes in two types, neither are scissor, one type is bowden cable, (very italian), often the plastic wotsit that does the lifting breaks so not a lot happens. The other type is a worm rack arrangement, noisier than the cable type but don't often fail. Both are interchangeable. If pictures would help let me know.

Not sure of a boss for the Piazza but the Isuzu Bighorn came out with a momo boss and wheel that does fit, you do need to make am 8mm spacer to get the horn contact working but it isn't too mch of a drag. The Bighorn came with either lotus trispoke wheel similar to HBL cars and the irmscher style 4 spoke which is what i use on mine.

Send me a PM if you want extra info
So many cars, so little cash
mauriziomerli
Probationary
Probationary

Post by mauriziomerli »

Hey -

Thanks for your reply.

I think I may have bitten off more than I could chew with the digi dash thing.... I thought it might just be plug n' play, like on a Mk2 Astra. Obviously not. I just think the interior's great....apart from the dials, which look like something off a shagged Daewoo Matiz.

If you're charging up the M6, pull off at J19 and I'll meet you at the Knutsford Little Chef...if I haven't found a tipper knob by then :)

I may well PM to find out how the windows work internally.... I'm only used to scissors (pug 306) and chains (Amazon). Some pictures would be awesome actually, same goes for the Bighorn steering wheel.... do all the Bighorns have this boss fitted, cos there's one in a scrappy near me.

Will PM......

:rolleyes:
On the scale of one to ten, it was a fourty - nine.... (Mission Of Burma)

1966 Volvo Amazon
1987 Isuzu Piazza Turbo
2006 Citroen C4 HDi 92.
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

meet you at the Knutsford Little Chef...if I h
Fark me, is the little chef still in business up there on the chester road? I thought they got shut down for serving botulinus burgers?.. Bloody knutsford eh! jeez, nearly as attractive as Macclesfield. LMFAO

Will certainly be in brum for a day or two and may have to divert over to York as we head north to visit the sheepshaggers so shouldn't be too hard to to come to a meet somewhere
mauriziomerli
Probationary
Probationary

Post by mauriziomerli »

wedgenut wrote:
meet you at the Knutsford Little Chef...if I h
Fark me, is the little chef still in business up there on the chester road? I thought they got shut down for serving botulinus burgers?.. Bloody knutsford eh! jeez, nearly as attractive as Macclesfield. LMFAO

Will certainly be in brum for a day or two and may have to divert over to York as we head north to visit the sheepshaggers so shouldn't be too hard to to come to a meet somewhere
Aye, the LS is still there, but its prices have rocketed - the days of 8,000,000 sausages, chips and milkshakes for £1.20 have long gone. Or they might never have been there - I might have just passed out on Lucazade and watched 'Summer Holiday' a few too many times.

:rolleyes:
On the scale of one to ten, it was a fourty - nine.... (Mission Of Burma)

1966 Volvo Amazon
1987 Isuzu Piazza Turbo
2006 Citroen C4 HDi 92.
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

I might have just passed out on Lucazade and watched 'Summer Holiday' a few too many times.
You are a sick puppy, not because of the Lucozade (stuff we get here is made in China) they will probably change the name to Rucozade LOL
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

You might have a hard time findind the chequreboard wheels with that center button in them. Ive only ever seen one.

Bob.
Too many Piazzas to little money.

Currently unemployed. Watch this space.
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

You might have a hard time findind the chequreboard wheels with that center button in them. Ive only ever seen one.
Probably because i have them all LOL, all my cars that have those wheels have centre caps and i have a few spares just in case.

Good to see you are still breathing Bob
IZU069
Power Moderator
Power Moderator

Post by IZU069 »

All of my 8(?) wheels have the centres, but just "plain" - there is no "two people" Isuzu logo.
IZU069 - ISUZU means a lot to me.