Holden Piazza parts wanted.

After a Piazza or just some parts. Here's the place to go.
sbs
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Holden Piazza parts wanted.

Post by sbs »

Hi there,    Can anyone help me with a couple of sundry items for my Holden Piazza please? I am looking for a copy of the owners instruction book (I assume they had one) and the lid that covers the storage compartment on the drivers-side door. I also need a decent fitted carpet that covers the rear boot space too. Thanks, sbs.
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

You should have no problem getting the lid for the door but a carpet will be a big ask as they all shrivel up and die. Try ELKY he has heaps of stuff
So many cars, so little cash
sbs
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Post by sbs »

Hi Wedgenut, thanks for the advice and I will see how I go. You are right about the carpet- it is breaking down with age and looking pretty poor.
Do the Isuzu and Holden Piazzas have the same door compartments?
Thanks again for your help, regards, sbs.
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

forget the Holden bit, they are all isuzu so yes they are the same, as far as i know the only differences are:
Oz models have an injector blower and Holden badges, most Holdens have water cooled turbos coz they were later models, early turbos didn't have that. Trim wise it is only the badges, single headlights versus many double models here, steering wheel logo and dash badge, all superficial stuff. mechanically your autos were all Lock up style and you have a different diff and dodgy suspension set up on the rear. Having said that you probably have the better diff. The door parts are the same I am sure.

I don't think you got the late model Piazzas 89-90 which had different rear lights, more rounded bonnet and different rear quarter glass to suit the thinner C pillar. Vary late ones had no eyelids and slitty little 4" high twin headlamps where the normal twin set up is 5". If you look at the late model Impulses from the yank cars in the gallery you will see what I mean about some of this. The 2.3l models had a hump in the bonnet as well to clear the higher plenum height.
The ones at the top of the page are mine and they range from 1983 - 1986, 3 each turbo and non turbo
Bugle
A total post whore

Post by Bugle »

Instruction book? Well I suppose it does have alot of buttons..

Those damn door pocket lids are the first thing to fall off
sbs
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Post by sbs »

Hi Bugle, the door compartment lid won't be the last thing to fall off I expect. The use of plastic is never a good thing and there sure is plenty of it on the Piazza. I will be investing in a good size tube of super glue just in case... Now then about the instruction manual? I am only guessing they came out with them. Even a photocopy would be great, so if anyone can help me please drop me a line. Thanks, sbs.
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

I will have a look in a few gloveboxes. One of the Piazzas ive got here might have one in it.

Bob.
Too many Piazzas to little money.

Currently unemployed. Watch this space.
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

You don't need an instruction book, here is all you need to know:
The Piazza has lots of stuff fitted to it and it all worked when it was new. Some it won't work anymore but will still be there.
Other parts that still work will break off eventually and cease to work.

Simple

I have at long last rewired the front screen washers to eliminate the intermittent wash function as I am sick of having to explain it to testing officers every sodding time.
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

My local WOF man doest even check the car.
Just looks to see if it is clean.
1986 Piazza - 1984 Piazza
1986 Heron MJ1
www.mvpc.co.nz www.ihwedding.co.nz
sbs
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Post by sbs »

Hey there Ghost,
Your WOF bloke sounds all right. If it was here in Oz I'd have to clean the car, leave a twenty dollar note under the wiper blade and slip a carton of beer in the boot with a "For the best inspector" sign on it. I must try it next time.
I am in the process of fixing the accel resume switch as the plastic had deteriorated. Fiddly damned thing! I will leave it well alone from now on. sbs.
gmheh
Probationary
Probationary

Parts

Post by gmheh »

where abouts are you mate? am at work at the moment but am sure i have a spare cover for the drivers door and a manual that i could copy for you. not sure about boot carpet though only have one good set and thats for my baby. will look tonight and let you no