WTB - 86 PIAZZA LH/F Suspension bits needed!!!

After a Piazza or just some parts. Here's the place to go.
uzusi
Learner
Learner

WTB - 86 PIAZZA LH/F Suspension bits needed!!!

Post by uzusi »

Hello all,

some nice gentleman just decided to mount the gutter and hit my pride and joy black piazza, smashing lh/f caliper, stub axle and lower control arm. also wrecking bonnet, guard and two of my 18"s.

the body work i can handle but trying to find bits is hardwork in the act, if anyone in aus has
LH/F caliper
LH/F stub axle
and a
LH/F Lower control arm.

and would like to sell them and post at my expense PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!!

thanks!!!
devilishdesigner

Post by devilishdesigner »

No spare suspension, but if you decide to reace the panels rather than repair I have a black bonnet that's in need of a respray and a black guard that's basically perfect. Should have the plastic eyebrow and side indicator if they were damaged as well.
uzusi
Learner
Learner

Piazza Guard

Post by uzusi »

Hey mate actually pretty keen on the guard how much you want? and are you keen to send to a.c.t for me? if not where you located i could come get it if its not too far!!

let us know, cheers
devilishdesigner

$50 sound fair? $20 for the bonnet and plastic eyelid (no opening mechanism) if you want that (only needs a respray as it's been sitting on gravel next to the shell for a few weeks, happy to send them via courrier if you want to organise one (i'm near lilydale, out east of Melbourne) or I'll be up on the coast near Ulladulla, basically directly east of you for a couple of weeks mid jan if you feel like a bit of a drive.
uzusi
Learner
Learner

Legend

Post by uzusi »

Mate, that is awesome, is it too much of a pain in the ass to pick it up from you at ulladulla, oh and i only need the guard,

thanks again, oh and do you have a rh bumper indicator lense?
devilishdesigner

Na, should fit in the car pretty easy so no drama. Just had a look at the guard, has a couple of little scratches but very clean overall, I'm pretty sure I have both front indicators for the guards, if i can dig them up you can have the pair for $10, keep the second as a spare.
uzusi
Learner
Learner

Post by uzusi »

yeah mate that sounds awesome, pm me the details of when and where to pick em up or your mobile number or something.

thanks again
devilishdesigner

You have pm
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

If no bastard comes to your assistance i can help with caliper and lower control arm no problem, I have bucket loads of them. I might even have a stub axle kicking around as well but you need to consider the cost of getting them over the ditch, thats the trouble with big lumps of steel and iron, they tend to be Heaveeeee!

However if really stuck it is an option.

Let me know
So many cars, so little cash
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

I can sort you out with a lower control arm.

Do you need just the straight out arm off the cross member or do you need the castor part of the arm as well (the cast bit)???

For a stubaxle you may be able to do a deal with Poida.
You can find him on the Ozgemini forum, Username Germinator, he bought i think it was a pair of LH stubaxles and then borrowed my Spare RH one off me. Or the other way around.

Poida also has a Gemini twin cam forum.

Either way the Caliper and stubaxle probably wont be easy to find.

I have one set of Piazza front brakes left to sell.
$450 posted, the hoses are there but you will need to get new ones made as one is split.
Thats about the best i can do.

Bob.
Too many Piazzas to little money.

Currently unemployed. Watch this space.
uzusi
Learner
Learner

Post by uzusi »

Hello everyone, thank for the help

I found that gemini stubs work, but gotta use gemini wheel bearings and outer tie rod ends, whuich are much easier to find than piazza stuff.
and piazza calipers are availible on american ebay for around $40 brand new, not remanufactured.

little unfortunate i had to run gemini stubs but now there on there you wouldnt know the difference.

thanks again for all your info guys!!!
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

Yeah you will.

Gemini calipers mount to the other side of the stub alxe and the side the Piazza callipers need to mount is not machined flat.

Hate to be your pads and calipers. Probably chew your discs out too.

Bob.
Too many Piazzas to little money.

Currently unemployed. Watch this space.
uzusi
Learner
Learner

Post by uzusi »

thanks, I should've added that you have to drill out the thread in the caliper bolt holes in the stub axle and get the mounting surface machined, my local brake shop did the machining for me for me for $50.

like i said, cant tell the difference and saved me a heap.