Wanted - Original WORKING caseette unit for 1986 Piazza

After a Piazza or just some parts. Here's the place to go.
sbs
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wanted - Original WORKING caseette unit for 1986 Piazza

Post by sbs »

Hi folks,
I advertised for a radio cassette unit a year or so back and did get a response but the unit I bought was as faulty as the one I am trying to replace. So here I go again -
Has anyone got a good condition WORKING radio-cassette unit for a 1986 Holden Piazza? I have all the surrounds and other fittings and a good graphic equaliser, but not the cassette player. So if anyone can help could you contact me via the personal message link please. I am in W.A.

Thanks, sbs.
speedracerles

Post by speedracerles »

Well if you were in the states I have one that Im taking out its like new, the owner before me never used it, he had one of those cd players that picked up off the radio signal in there. if you pay for shipping and buy me a shop manual from here then its yours ...lol
Isuzu impulse turbo, my weapon of choice!
sbs
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Piazza cassette player

Post by sbs »

G'day Speedie,

Thanks for the reply and I will get back to you via the personal message link later today - hold onto the unit please and lets see what we can do. Thanks, sbs.
speedracerles

Post by speedracerles »

My player would be out of an 1988 impulse, that wouldnt matter now would it?
Isuzu impulse turbo, my weapon of choice!
sbs
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Post by sbs »

Hi speedie,
Hmmm, not to sure about the interchange of an '88 unit into an'86. Any chance of a photo please? Thanks for getting back to me on this one.
I should point out too that I am in W.A. (Western Australia) and not WA (Washington) just to save any confusion. Thanks mate and I will see what I can find out. sbs.
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

Our early model Piazzas had a twin set up, the upper unit was am/fm radio linked by cable to the lower unit which was the cassette player and fader control. If you wanted one to try and graft in to your set up I have a couple of cassette players spare.

So many cars, so little cash
sbs
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Piazza cassette unit

Post by sbs »

Hi there Wedgie.
Thanks for your offer of a cassette unit, it is appreciated.
The setup that you have shown is different to mine as mine has a radio/cassette unit in one section and a graphic equaliser in the other. This is correct as per the owners manual and sales brochure and I am hoping that I have a decent unit lined up courtesy of this site. That is why it pays to be a site supporter and keep this facility on line.
Thanks for help, best wishes for now, sbs.
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

Yep thats what the later models had, my Nero Irmsher came out with the same originally I believe but previous owner fitted AM/FM/CD head unit and trip computer instead. Up to 1986 here anyway they had the AM/FM tuner and separate Casette deck. Two of mine are still as original.....and they still work well even after all these years including their mind blowing 8w and 4w speakers LOL. DUFF DUFF value is low and windows in little danger of blowing out.
So many cars, so little cash
sbs
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

cassette unit

Post by sbs »

Hi Wedgie,

8 watts and 4 watts - wow!!! Could I suggest wearing earmuffs to protect your hearing while driving. The average young bloke, under 25 or so, here in Australia wouldn't be able to hear your unit even at full bore.
You have to admire the fact that your units are still working after 25 years plus. I am about to install my fourth CD player in my work ute in as many years - modern crap!
Catch you later, sbs.
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

Ive got one here but its missin a knob. But id be reluctant to split it as its in the holder/surround with the equaliser.

I will have a look in the other car out the front and let you know what its got.

Cheers, Bob.
Too many Piazzas to little money.

Currently unemployed. Watch this space.
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

No joy, theres nothing in the car out the front.

Bob.
Too many Piazzas to little money.

Currently unemployed. Watch this space.
IZU069
Power Moderator
Power Moderator

Post by IZU069 »

I should have both units if desperate.

But their power is old Watts.... modern 100W units are only twice as loud....
(And mp3 quality.)
IZU069 - ISUZU means a lot to me.