Turbine wheel and shaft

After a Piazza or just some parts. Here's the place to go.
B52

Turbine wheel and shaft

Post by B52 »

Need a turbine wheel and shaft, to restore turbo to working order.
Complete turbo replacement an option if reasonably priced.
Cannot get the old girl roadworthy without one!
Give me a call or e-mail if you have anything?
Cheers
David
0419 845 728
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

David have a hunt for any RHB5 turbo. Mazda/Ford used them and also on some Subarus.

They were a little different in the "trim" but the centre core is the same.
The Exhaust wheel is a little smaller and the exhaust housing is a different pattern (three bolts) where it goes onto the manifold. You can fit the Piazza exhaust housing up and it has a bit of clearance so it wont boost up as effectively.
The compressor wheel is bigger so you cant put the Piazza housing on the inlet side unless you swap the Piazza compressor wheel onto the donor core. So if your compressor wheel is still servicable this would be the easy option.
If its not you could use the donor turbos inlet housing but you will need to have an inlet flange modified or made to fit. Its not hard to do. (Rather than have the lip to put the hose over the other turbos have an elbow that bolts to the front of the compressor via two bolts.) I was looking to do this as i think the way the inlet goes in on a Piazzas turbo in std form could be improved on. A decent bit of tube poking out for the hose to clamp to would see it all plumb up better than the dodgy rubber sleve and the band clamp.

The RHB5's pop up on eBay for $100-200 on a regualr basis off the Mazda/ford mainly. You could check out the wreckers or the Jap importers.

Im not sure what Nick was up to but Shorty has a turbo off a Piazza in Geelong. It comes with a Manifold for $250 i think the price was and im happy to go halves with someone whos after the turbo so i get the manifold. Send shorty a PM and ask him how good it is. Its got the comp cover off it now i think shorty said. It might be polite to ask Nick first, but then again hes had a week to get it sorted if he really wanted it.

Cheers. Bob.
Too many Piazzas to little money.

Currently unemployed. Watch this space.