Manual gearbox

After a Piazza or just some parts. Here's the place to go.
rodavo
APC Member
APC Member

Post by rodavo »

Hey Rick,

I live just a few suburbs away from you.....didnt realise you were so close!!! Cool, we should meet up and definantly organise that Sydney cruize!!!

Dave
Bugle
A total post whore

Post by Bugle »

Yeah I should put my one back together so that we're not one Piazza short.

Hows the new box Rick?
Rick82

Post by Rick82 »

The box is ok guy's, the ratios are a little shorter but it takes off harder. having some trouble tho with first. For some reason ill place it where first is suposed to be but it feels like there is nothing there and the car just revs like its in nuetral, so i select another gear then back to first and that seems to fix it up! i also noticed i dont need to place the shifter to far to the left or again it will miss the gear. No more gearbox leaks know i gotta stop the engine leaking, its not bad it only drops a little every couple of days but my mates old man is getting the shits coz its making a mess of his drive way every day but ill get round to it.

So you live pretty close Dave, where abouts?

ill be setting the date for the cruise next week, still looking at the calender to see when the best time will be, not sure about hot or cold wheather. Hot is better for the overnight side of things but cold is better for the Turbo side of things. What would you guy's preffer??

anyway the more cars we can get together the better so do what you gotta do to get them on the road as i want it to be huge being the first official/un official piazza cruise.
Bugle
A total post whore

Post by Bugle »

Damn Piazza shifters never work properly. I had problems with 1st too.. Think the pivot ball is stuffed.

Hey one other bit I need for my Piazza you might be able to help me with is one of those sheet metal guard things that goes under the car from the bumper to the crossmember. Have you got one of those off the parts Piazza I could buy off you?
Rick82

Post by Rick82 »

yeh i do but i put the jack through it by accident the other day when i lifted it, it isnt badly damaged it only needs a couple of hits with a rubber hammer and it should be fine. if you want it come around and you can have it.
Bugle
A total post whore

Post by Bugle »

Ohwell better than nothing, should be able to straighten it out well enough.
Will you be available this Sunday at all?
rodavo
APC Member
APC Member

Post by rodavo »

As far as the Sydney cruise goes, I am going to be in California for almost the entire month of June so that rules me out if you decide to have the cruise then. After that I am available. Before I leave is also a possibility.

Dave
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

rodavo wrote:As far as the Sydney cruise goes, I am going to be in California for almost the entire month of June so that rules me out if you decide to have the cruise then. After that I am available. Before I leave is also a possibility.

Dave
I bags a T5 bellhousing. lol

Bob.
Too many Piazzas to little money.

Currently unemployed. Watch this space.
Rick82

Post by Rick82 »

this sunday is mothers day so if your still keen to come get it it will have to be early as the rest of the day will be booked out, let me know if your gonna come and ill remove it from the car for you and try to straighten it out.

as for the date for the cruise i will then try for mid july, will post the date by friday
Bugle
A total post whore

Post by Bugle »

Oh yeah almost forgot, bugger that rules out Sunday..

What about the following weekend then? I think I will be avail on Sat arvo.
Rick82

Post by Rick82 »

yeh sounds fine mate just let me know when your coming and ill have it out for yah so we can have a beer. call me on 0416 107 113
Bugle
A total post whore

Post by Bugle »

ok no worries
Could you save the bolts off it too?
There's one other little bit I can think of that I need. The rubber tube coming off the firewall drain hole on the passenger side, if it's not torn up like mine.