Manual gearbox

After a Piazza or just some parts. Here's the place to go.
Rick82

Manual gearbox

Post by Rick82 »

in need of a manual gearbox, after all the work i done to convert my auto turns out my manual box was not in the best shape so if anyone has a spare box or can point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated.
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

What a farking piss off. A bloke in the South Island here is wrecking one but the freight cost would kill it as dead as a really dead thing. You could rebuild yours cheaper if it is just bearings and stuff.
So many cars, so little cash
Bugle
A total post whore

Post by Bugle »

If you manage to find another box I might buy your old one if you want to sell it. I've never rebuilt a gearbox before, so I wanna give it a go..
Might be worth checking Pick N Payless i've seen 4ZC1 Shuttles there with engine and box still there. Problem is you have to remove it yourself. The box is a bolt in swap for a Piazza (ie same output shaft) one but the ratios are different not sure what they are Bob should know.
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

Here i whipped up a bit of a guide out of crap id posted up in the gemini forum.

http://isuzupiazza.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=4790#4790

Happy hunting, the right box with the right ratios to put in a Piazza is like rocking horse shit. IMO either take what ratios you can get or your best to go with something else. Either the TF Rodeo box or go back to a Gemini box, at $150 ea Gem boxes are good buying for the cost of a modded tailshaft. Your added bonus is youve got the auto shaft that can be modded.

When they upped the size of the output shaft they created another issue with shaft wear that made the boxes wear out. I did find a Jap Gearbox rebuilder out in Rowville (eastern Melb) that had some new gearboxes (2.3L Rodeo) but at $1500 a pop he can keep em, id sooner put up with the wrong Shuttle ratios.

Cheers. Bob.
Too many Piazzas to little money.

Currently unemployed. Watch this space.
Rick82

Post by Rick82 »

ive purchased a rodeo box for $300 and its going in next week so once mines out i will concider selling it if you really want it Bugle
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

Rick82 wrote:ive purchased a rodeo box for $300
Out of which Rodeo????

Bob.

Bugle
A total post whore

Post by Bugle »

How much would you want for it?
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

Theres a Piazza gearbox up for auction on eBay. It might be finished by now and not sold seeing as the starting price was $450. Its on the NSW coast somewhere below sydney. If its near Woolongong i know a mob who will cart it down for a reasonable cash rate.

Bob.

Rick82

Post by Rick82 »

not sure what model it was as i picked it up from a auto dismantlers that had it sitting around for a couple of months.

not sure what a gear box is worth so make me an offer above $149 and its most probably yours
Bugle
A total post whore

Post by Bugle »

It wouldn't really be worth any more than $100 to me..

btw if you got a remote shifter with your Rodeo box you could flog that off to someone with a Gemini for a bit.
Rick82

Post by Rick82 »

as i said i dont really know what their worth so if you say shes good for a green back its yours.
Bugle
A total post whore

Post by Bugle »

Sounds good then :)
Where abouts in Sydney are you?
Rick82

Post by Rick82 »

im out at austral wich is near liverpool
the gearbox comes out of the car tommorow so i should have it at home mid week so we can organise a pick up time.
Bugle
A total post whore

Post by Bugle »

Unfortunately im way up Hornsby way so pretty far away! Don't think i'll be available this coming weekend but should be the weekend after.
Rick82

Post by Rick82 »

no worries mate just let me know when your available and weel talk then