handbrake surround thingy

After a Piazza or just some parts. Here's the place to go.
dbraiki

handbrake surround thingy

Post by dbraiki »

Hi all,

I'm in need pretty urgently of the BROWN plastic surround that goes around the handbrake and the rear boot release/petrol release section. My mechanic appears to have have put a great big hole through mine :pale:

Can anyone help? I'm sure there are quite a few of these lying around as most of us are usually searching for mechanical bits.

Please reply to this post or call me on 0425 703 408

Dougz
Rick82

Post by Rick82 »

id have to check the condition of my spare one but i think is black or a very dark blue as it came out of a blue car, we are talking the surround that the hand brake passes through that screws to the floor of the car and that the boot and petrol release poke through?
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Re: handbrake surround thingy

Post by Rodeobob »

dbraiki wrote: My mechanic appears to have have put a great big hole through mine :pale:

Can anyone help? I'm sure there are quite a few of these lying around as most of us are usually searching for mechanical bits.

Please reply to this post or call me on 0425 703 408

Dougz
These are a commonly broken part. Ive got 4 cars with 2 busted (one tan, one black)

There is a right way and a wrong way to get it on and off. The best way ive found is with the hand brake cable backed right off. Backing off the cable gives you more room to get the cover out.

If your mechanic broke it, why are you chasing one up????? You pay him to fix things not wreck them, if he breaks something, its up to him to spend his time and recources replacing it.

Tell your mechanic to ring the Holden Wreckers in Hammond rd in dandenong. Fair enough he might be a "mate" but at the end of the day you pay him good money to fix stuff.

Cheers. Bob.
Too many Piazzas to little money.

Currently unemployed. Watch this space.
dbraiki

Post by dbraiki »

You've got a fair point Bob.

I spoke to him today about a couple of other things that weren't working when I got it back and they'll be fixed soon. Lights on my boost gauge/monster tacho/turbo timer cutting out... sounds like a wire has come loose. Anyway, I've got to head over to Hammond Rd this week for work anyway so I'll have a look then. He's promised to fix it so I'm happy either way. He did a sensational job on the gearbox and squeezing some more kw out of the C1. I really recommend him to anyone in melb who wants an excellent job done!

I'm planning to have all the brown plastic covered soon so maybe it doesn't really matter too much I suppose. Till then, brown would be nice...

Cheers Guys,

Dougz
Last edited by dbraiki on Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
dbraiki

Post by dbraiki »

BTW; it's a pretty crappily designed thing isn't it???