WANTED - Stub Axle, flex hoses and backing plate - ANYWHERE!

After a Piazza or just some parts. Here's the place to go.
poida
APC Member
APC Member

WANTED - Stub Axle, flex hoses and backing plate - ANYWHERE!

Post by poida »

Hi peoples.

I have got myself into a predicament buying a Piazza disc brake setup that had supposedly been in a Gemini.

I picked it up in a hurry and now find that it consists of one complete side and the other side (which the caliper had been removed from) turns out to be a second stub axle, the same side as the other complete one. The unbolted caliper is an opposite one but not the stub axle. It also has a cut flexible brake line and is missing the stone cover thingy that attaches to the stub axle.

This is the axle I have but need the opposite side. What side of a Piazza is this axle on?

So what I need is to find someone who has an opposite side loose stub axle to sell or to swap for my one.

I can make do without the backing plate and flex hose but I'm in urgent need of the stub axle. If anyone can help or knows someone who may be able to, please contact me by PM or post in the thread thanks.
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

The Piazza has a leading steering arm (i looked earlier tonight) so thats a LH one youve got Poida.

So you need a RH Stubaxle.

I rekon Bradlze can help you out, im sure he had two Piazzas with stuffed LH stubs, send him a PM.

Cheers. Bob.
Too many Piazzas to little money.

Currently unemployed. Watch this space.
poida
APC Member
APC Member

Post by poida »

Thanks Bob. I messaged Brad and he is going to search one out when he can for me. He also verified the one in the image as being a left side stub axle.

Does anyone have a right side flexible brake hose and one of those tin protective backing plates for the right side? My r/h hose has been cut and the backing plate is missing.
poida
APC Member
APC Member

Post by poida »

Bradzle isn't 100% sure that he can supply the required axle so at this stage I'm still on the lookout in the hope someone can come up with one before Thursday morning.

Anyone else?

Is there anyone out there who is wrecking a Piazza and has a right stub axle to offer? I'm more than happy to swap it if anyone needs a left side stub axle.
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

poida wrote:Bradzle isn't 100% sure that he can supply the required axle so at this stage I'm still on the lookout in the hope someone can come up with one before Thursday morning.
Why by thursday????

Whats the hurry, even if they had one how would you get it in time????

Ive got one here, but no backing plate (well i do on one of the cars) you can borrow it if you really have to.

Bob.

poida
APC Member
APC Member

Post by poida »

Hi Bob. I guess that means I'll be over on Thursday evening for a cuppa then!

I'm happy to buy or swap if you have the right side stub but as a last resort I'll borrow. The stone/dust plate is something I'd like to fit up as well but I can manage without it for the moment. I just want to get this car back on the ground rolling on stubs.

Reason is simple. I think on the lines that finding a single loose stub might be a bigger battle than finding a complete package and if no one can provide one then the whole lot will be returned to the seller for a refund. I supposedly bought a complete package suitable to fit, that isn't what was supplied. No one can use two left sides and you don't need to be Einstein to figure that out. Had I been advised it was two left sides then I'd have declined unless I had secured a right stub and then I'd have paid accordingly. I was not told I was buying two left sides. I don't subscribe to that sort of behavior at all.

Knowing the seller also recently sold a pair of loose stubs then I can only think they were aware what they were selling me was not something I could just bolt up.

See I don't wish to be left holding a heap of parts when other packages come and go because I don't have the money to snap them up. I have battled to get hold of a set and missed out on several occasions for different reasons and each time I had the money to buy them. I want to be cashed up on the day so I don't miss an opportunity.

I'm going to be on the train to Melb tomorrow arvo to collect a car a mate just bought. I'll be driving it back for him tomorrow night. He can't get time off work to do it. So that gives me a window of opportunity to return the package if I can't get a stub in the meantime. Not a lot of time but that's my target. A stub (100% lined up) before Thursday or I return the lot and go home with my cash. Sit back and wait till something else comes around. I don't need the stub in my hands by Thursday but by Thursday I do need a positive that I have one coming or I miss the opportunity to hand back the package.
Bugle
A total post whore

Post by Bugle »

Hey Poida was it te slug?

He wants another set now so obviously he's realised the ones he had before weren't right before selling them otherwise he wouldn't have needed to sell the dodgy set in the first place..
http://www.ozgemini.com/viewtopic.php?t=9700
poida
APC Member
APC Member

Post by poida »

Hmmm... interesting. Thanks Bugle. I had no idea that had happened. I can see that he posted that about 40 minutes before I rang him to explain the situation. When I spoke with him he has agreed to accept the package back if I can't get a stub organised by tomorrow lunchtime. Knowing the above has me wondering now.
GeminiCoupe
APC Member
APC Member

Post by GeminiCoupe »

If all else fails try sourcing a set of stubs from NZ or the US.

Nick-
project - 76 Gemini Coupe G200z EFI Turbo
daily - 02 S15 Nissan 200SX GTspecS Turbo
wet-weather fun toy - TX 75 Gemini Sedan G200z
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

Bugle wrote:Hey Poida was it te slug?

He wants another set now so obviously he's realised the ones he had before weren't right before selling them otherwise he wouldn't have needed to sell the dodgy set in the first place..
http://www.ozgemini.com/viewtopic.php?t=9700
He sold you two left feet.

Not two months ago he sold me a propper pair of Piazza stubaxles.

Thats some weird shit.

Bob.