WTB a standard piazza turbo

After a Piazza or just some parts. Here's the place to go.
MCTX_coupe76
Probationary
Probationary

WTB a standard piazza turbo

Post by MCTX_coupe76 »

as topic says i am chasing a standard RHB5 tubo must be in workin order as mine is blowing smoke because the seals a wrecked. or if some 1 knows were i can get new seals put in because the places i rang up want heaps.

in melb
GeminiCoupe
APC Member
APC Member

Post by GeminiCoupe »

Ive got one but im not sure what condition the seals are in, i havent looked at it closely. I do know there is no in/out shaft play and minimal side/side and up/down play. Asking $150.

Nick-
project - 76 Gemini Coupe G200z EFI Turbo
daily - 02 S15 Nissan 200SX GTspecS Turbo
wet-weather fun toy - TX 75 Gemini Sedan G200z
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

If it is any help you can get a bearing and seal kit from the states for about 90US. To check for play, max end float is 0.008" and side to side is max 0.022" when dry. If it is within those limits and you oil it up you should not be able to detect any play or end float. If it passes these tests and spins freely it should be fine. Piss easy to redo if you are sensible and make sure all traces of carbon are removed from the turbine wheel, bead blasting is best but oven cleaner does a good job of softening it up as well and a stiff toothbrush. Pays not to use hammer and chisel LOL

PS Remember to mark orientation of compressor to turbine or you will need to shell out for a balance afterwards
So many cars, so little cash
MCTX_coupe76
Probationary
Probationary

Post by MCTX_coupe76 »

interested in the turbo fo 150 but really dont wanna but it if im gunna have the same problem with the seals , from the US u mean ebay?
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

Yeah look for "turbopimp" on Ebay. He is a trustworthy seller and should be ale to help
So many cars, so little cash
GeminiCoupe
APC Member
APC Member

Post by GeminiCoupe »

I take it you bought shorty's black Piazza? please tell me youve decided not to strip it...

Think about it dude, not trying to make a sale just trying to put this into perspective. $150 for my blown turbo, ~$150-180 for the seal kit shipped etc to AUS and youve got a brand new turbo. Most people ask about 350-400 for a good Piazza turbo as they arent exactly common and are different to other RHB5's.

Nick-
project - 76 Gemini Coupe G200z EFI Turbo
daily - 02 S15 Nissan 200SX GTspecS Turbo
wet-weather fun toy - TX 75 Gemini Sedan G200z