Page 1 of 1

Need this part new!

Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:18 pm
by speedracerles
So can anyone tell me what this might be called? and how can i go about getting a new or used one?

Came from here:

Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:00 am
by wedgenut
Its a piece of kit fitted to cars with water cooled turbo, It isn't fitted to all water colled turbos though. Most just have a straight water hose. This is obviously vacuum operated so I'm guesing when turbo temp gets too hot or too cold, something somewhere else in the system opens or closes to open/close this valve. Probably not needed in fact. Perhaps one of the aussies can help as they had WC turbos.

Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:32 pm
by IZU069
Yeah - the valve is closed when cold to prevent coolant circulation for faster turbo warm up.
Once warm, the valve opens and allows circulation.

Unless wanting to keep it standard, I reckon replace it with plain hose.
You can remove the attached air-valve - and something else... a relay?.