My Isuzu Piazza 1987

General Bellett, Gemini 75-98, Piazza 81-93, Bellel, Florian, 117 Coupe, Minx, Aska technical discussion.
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

Wich procedure i have to follow from the manual.

If you check your manual Fuel injection section there should be a procedure for checking the throttle position sensor. It is on the rear of the throttle body and has a clip connector with three wires. The manual details the readings you should get at different throttle positions. You should also check the resistance readings on the dropping resistor which is mounted on the inner fender panel.
So many cars, so little cash
sake007ro
Probationary
Probationary

Post by sake007ro »

I will read the procedures and try to do the checks.
Thanks!Keep touch.
IZU069
Power Moderator
Power Moderator

Post by IZU069 »

Not that I mean to resurrect an old thread, but I'll blame my mate's request...
Madcat wrote:Isuzu designed relays into the oil pressure and alternator output. if either of these are below the minimum it will kill the engine...
If people are interested as to why oil pressure should not be linked to fuel pumps, let me know under here - or a new thread.
Oil pressure to kill an engine kill is fine - eg, EMS or ignition kill.
Fuel pump control should be from the EMS, or from alternator charge signals, spark sensors, or airflaps - but not oil pressure.

They are two separate functions (ie, safety versus engine preservation) and though this seems generally well understood nowadays despite manufacturers recently doing contrary - eg, Isuzu, JE Camira, etc, I occasionally see the practice continued.
I can't recall the Piazza situation.

(FYI - I was searching for an "isolation switch with engine kill" diagram I had. I found detailed descriptives on HoldenGemini.com but no diagram. Alas I found Madcat's comment here and that reminded me of those that may not yet know better.)
IZU069 - ISUZU means a lot to me.
IZU069
Power Moderator
Power Moderator

Post by IZU069 »

UPDATE:

I am happy to report that oil pressure has nothing to do with fuel pumps or engine control on the (Aussie 4ZC1-t) Piazza.

That means they use the intelligence of the driver to decide what action to take if the oil light comes on.
That's what most high-standard competition drivers do - they do not want engine stoppage whilst cornering or jumping - even the car manufacturers reckon their lives are worth more than an engine!!

See - even Isuzu reckon the Piazza attracts intelligence! The fuel pump is controlled solely by the ECU (which has spark and air-flap inputs).
No so for some other models - some Rodeos and Jackaroos have oil-pressure effecting fuel pumps.
The Geminis (non-EFI) with electric fuel pumps use the alternator signal.

Dare I mention other brands - like those that involve oil pressure, but oil-pressure will not cut off the fuel, it merely acts as a backup.... So with a stalled engine and a cut fuel line, the fuel pump continues as long as oil pressure is up - despite the ECU dropping its fuel pump on signal! Now that is real logical! (Yes - they have air flaps and ignition sensing!!)

It turns out the diagram I seek is on a private forum though the prelim draft from which is was taken exists on OzFemini! :rolleyes:
IZU069 - ISUZU means a lot to me.