PARTS TO BUY.... WHICH ARE THE BEST?

General Bellett, Gemini 75-98, Piazza 81-93, Bellel, Florian, 117 Coupe, Minx, Aska technical discussion.
speedracerles

PARTS TO BUY.... WHICH ARE THE BEST?

Post by speedracerles »

Im looking for a short throw shifter for my 88 impulse and also for the 86 as well, plus Im looking for the best turbo set up for my car, if I was just replacing the old OEM one with an aftermarket one.

Im trying to build a fast car for my trip this summer so it would have to be something that I can get done Soon as possiable... Hit me back with anything that you would recomend.
Isuzu impulse turbo, my weapon of choice!
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

Im looking for a short throw shifter f
There is a previous post somewhere talking about this. Easy to do, simply lengthen the lever below the ball and locate the clevis hole lower. Plenty of room for it to be done and the double pivot on the rod means it is happy to work at a slightly increased angle. It may over time wear the shaft bushing a bit faster in selector drop cover but they are easy peasy to change. This first step gives you the same leverage but a shorter shift. If you have a nice easy changer you can also chop the lever extension back above the ball to reduce the hand travel even more, this bit is SOOOOOOO easy as the lever extension screws on so whip it off, shorten and re thread for the ball of your choice. Not sure i want to know about your choice of balls however LOL :finga: :finga: :finga:
So many cars, so little cash
speedracerles

Post by speedracerles »

LOL, thanks man. I dont think that I would fill like a man telling you that eaither...I think I will have to find some one to do this for me seeing that I dont have any serius tools like that... So what else do you think I should get done with in a $ 1000.00 buget for 3 months...? :partyman:
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

The Piazza/impulse goes pretty well when in good tune so spend a bit on spark leads, plugs, air,fuel and oil filters and get your injectors cleaned and you will be right up there with expected power. By far the best thing you can do is sort out the handling, decent tyres and shocks, replace soft and sloppy bushings etc and it will go round corners like it is on rails (in the dry) On wet days stay home and play scrabble coz when stiffened up for good dry handling it can become lethal in the wet. Another decent thing to do is fit a boost controller and block off the stupid overboost valve on the front of the plenum, they always leak and a look at your wastegate seat to make sure it isn't cracked is another area where you can lose boost. Attend to all of these and it will be a whole different car without deviating from standard and risking the loss of reliability. You will probably have to shell out to someone for the suspension work but a lot of the other stuff you can do yourself.

I see and hear lots of people ranting on about all the things they have done and mostly they aint on the road for long before they shit themselves and more money gets chucked at a better stereo.

I can get in any one of my cars and drive anywhere without worrying about what is going to spoil the trip and that is what it is all about, enjoying driving them without a set of worry beads and opening the hood every 20 miles just to check nothing has fallen off or sticking out the side of the engine
speedracerles

Post by speedracerles »

Ok so now I will ask you, what parts are good ones to do these things, the money thing isnt an issue, I wanted to get bigger fuel injectors too will this harm my engine at all? I would like to get better spark also. Im looking for spark plugs, spark plug wires, belts, air and fuel, and also oil filter. Thanks and if there is anything else that you can think of just let me know ok....
IZU069
Power Moderator
Power Moderator

Post by IZU069 »

CDI is the best ignition.
As for the rest, you need to learn and consider your budget, as well as local regulations - eg, can you legally modify your ECU etc.

The Piazza has an old ECU which would be better replaced.
But then why not get an EVO motor etc.

How many $thousands do you want to spend, and over what time frame?

And what performance is currently lacking - what do you want?
What speed does your Piazza currently do?
IZU069 - ISUZU means a lot to me.
speedracerles

Post by speedracerles »

Im in the states so alot of those things dont applye to me, I think i can do just about anything I want to. as far as motor and all that I want to keep the same brand of motor in my car. I dont want to dump alot of money into the car, I mean I do have 2 of them you know. I just want something fast and clean... Im thinking like 2,500 on them each maybe more if I have too...
IZU069
Power Moderator
Power Moderator

Post by IZU069 »

So you won't be able to do much. $2500 might cover an ECU/injector upgrade.
You were after engines etc. I have a G200W with forged pistons, but I'd be after at least AUD$2500 for that. Then there's freight - I'd assume a few $hundred. And that;s without fuel (ECU or carbies).

So what's you current top speed, and what performance do you want to improve?
IZU069 - ISUZU means a lot to me.
speedracerles

Post by speedracerles »

whats going on people, I went and started to get things for my car today i have a small list of things that I got tell me what you think...

V-power spark plugs, denso spark plugs wire set, acdelco cap and rotor. 500cc injectors, K&n oil and air filters... I also got all new belts... ect
speedracerles

Post by speedracerles »

I dont know how to get the pics up on here ive tryed almost every thing i know so here is were you can find them on here....

isuzupiazza.com/photobucket/small pic 2.jpg,
also,
isuzupiazza.com/photobucket/small pic 3.jpg
and
isuzupiazza.com/photobucket/small pic 4.jpg
Let me know what you think thanks.....
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

I have uploaded your images to the members images album in the gallery as Les 1/2/3
speedracerles

Post by speedracerles »

Well thanks man that was cool of you did you like the car?
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

yep, nice tidy looking car, same colour as my sons '84 turbo
speedracerles

Post by speedracerles »

Now I have my eyes set on a new cold-air intake system, pipe and cone...what might the best be for that...I got this K&n air filter,I picked up to put in thinking that it would be that cold air kit but I was mistaken...Silly me But im going to use it for now until I get my hands on something that will give me more power, and performance...let me know what you got guys peace
speedracerles

Post by speedracerles »

So does anyone have pic's of there cold-air intake set up on here... I also want to know if there is anything that I would have to do to set it up on my car? if not then cool, Would I just be able to put a air filter cone on there and tighten it down with a clamp and thats it ? let me know.... Thanks