Turbo cooling fan running after turning engine off.

General Bellett, Gemini 75-98, Piazza 81-93, Bellel, Florian, 117 Coupe, Minx, Aska technical discussion.
sbs
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Turbo cooling fan running after turning engine off.

Post by sbs »

Hi there folks, I have a simple enough question that I am sure one of you folks will be familiar with. After a fair run in the Piazza, ( 4zc1 turbo engine), their is the sound of a fan that continues to run in the area of the turbo charger unit after the engine has been turned off. I assume that this is a thermostatically operated cooling fan as it turns itself off after a few minutes, but I reckon it is better to check with you more knowledgeable folks just to be on the safe side. Is this pretty normal? I look forward to any advice.
Thanks all, sbs.
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

Oz spec Piazzas have an injector cooling fan mounted on the bulkhead on the drivers side and it will come on and stay on for a time after the ignition is off to lower the temperature in the fuel rail area. Not sure if it is temp controlled or on a time delay but this is normal I believe.
So many cars, so little cash
sbs
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

As above

Post by sbs »

Thanks for that Wedgenut, I was a little lost to work this out as their is no mention of it in the owners booklet or the factory service manual. I can keep on enjoying the car now. Cheers, sbs.
IZU069
Power Moderator
Power Moderator

Post by IZU069 »

Wedgy x 2.

A fan on front RHS ducted rearward and over dizzy etc.
Fitted to warmer-climate Piazzas.
Standard on Aussie 4zc1-t Piazzas.
IZU069 - ISUZU means a lot to me.
sbs
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

As above

Post by sbs »

Thanks to both of you for the information. As I said I could not find any reference to this in the manuals. sbs.