Correct Fuel

General Bellett, Gemini 75-98, Piazza 81-93, Bellel, Florian, 117 Coupe, Minx, Aska technical discussion.
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

Boost pressure is an indication of condition.

If its stuffed it will let oil through and blow smoke.

Has it still got the cable thing connected to the turbo?? It might have stopped working.

It could be any number of things or settings. Throttle body, air flow meter, sensors, fuel pressure.

Could also be a faulty driver, it might be going just as well as it ever did its just that your used to it.

Bob.
Too many Piazzas to little money.

Currently unemployed. Watch this space.
IZU069
Power Moderator
Power Moderator

Post by IZU069 »

I forgot to say check the AFM and surrounds.
If it's the white coffee Piazza (ie, Jarrah), it got its RWC with a standard air box.

Not that that accounts its recent drop in performance, but maybe loose connections, clamps etc?
IZU069 - ISUZU means a lot to me.
Chris
IPTOC President
IPTOC President

Post by Chris »

Yeah its Jarrahs one. Still has the pod racing filter on it. the turbo doesnt blow smoke and it kicks in at 3000revs and you can feel it boosts fine.

maybe you right, i am just used to it now lol
LESS SHOW, MORE GO!!

2009 | 1986 White Piazza 2.2L, Man, STi Turbo (SOLD)
2006 | 1986 Black Piazza Turbo Manual (SOLD)
2005 | 1986 White Piazza Turbo Auto (Pain in the ass)
2004 | 1986 White Piazza Manual Stock
2004 | 1986 Red Piazza Manual TO3, Haltech
2001 | 1986 Silver Piazza Manual Turbo
IZU069
Power Moderator
Power Moderator

Post by IZU069 »

My last "I forgot to say..." referred to a 5Nov09 15:00 AEDST reply that got lost due to (another) web outage.
For what it's worth, here is is (from it's dumped txt file)....

I wonder if the O2 sensor might be playing up, though if too rich that would probably cause more power - unless heaps of black smoke - and worse economy. (I don't think it would err on the lean side.)

Retarded timing would have a power drop & overheating effect.
Maybe try advancing the timing?
It's a bit hard doing by ear though - it will never ping! But you will hear he spot where the ping-retard takes over. I'd set it a tad retarded from that spot.
(Has anyone tapped into the knock circuitry for knock-retard indication? Surely yes...?)

Since the dizzy cap has been disturbed, it would be good to substitute rotor, cap & leads. Maybe the splugs too.
Of course if the advance mechanicals were damaged... (Stupid recalcitrant GMH dizzies.)
IZU069 - ISUZU means a lot to me.
kingtider
Learner
Learner

Post by kingtider »

I know this might be an older topic, but chris have you checked your uni-joint between the tailshaft and the GBox? Sounds like it could be a part of the problem.. I know when we had a torana, ran rough as guts and we got both uni-joints on the tailshaft replaced and it went perfect after that
Chris
IPTOC President
IPTOC President

Post by Chris »

Sorry for the long reply mate. Na I havn't but thank you for the tip.

I figured out that it was only me, because I drove it everday, I've gotten used to the power. Now I havn't driven it for a couple of weeks and drove the missus Mazda 3, I got pushed back into my seat again when I drove it the other day :) Silly me
LESS SHOW, MORE GO!!

2009 | 1986 White Piazza 2.2L, Man, STi Turbo (SOLD)
2006 | 1986 Black Piazza Turbo Manual (SOLD)
2005 | 1986 White Piazza Turbo Auto (Pain in the ass)
2004 | 1986 White Piazza Manual Stock
2004 | 1986 Red Piazza Manual TO3, Haltech
2001 | 1986 Silver Piazza Manual Turbo