Gaskets

General Bellett, Gemini 75-98, Piazza 81-93, Bellel, Florian, 117 Coupe, Minx, Aska technical discussion.
piazza-crx
APC Member
APC Member

Gaskets

Post by piazza-crx »

Hi,

Just wondering, is the Rodeo rocker cover gasket compatible to the 4zc1t engines? If so which rodeo gasket do I ask for?

While we are at it, anyone who knows of any gemini/rodeo/shuttle gaskets or bushes that fit piazza's post them here too.
If Gemini's were ever meant to go fast, they would have come out of the factory with 4zc1t engines!!

Business CD Solutions
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

Forget the Gemini its a different animal.

All the gaskets/seals for the 4Z motors are the same. With the exception of the head gaskets they are different for some motors and the water pump gasket is different on the E1, same bolt pattern but bigger centre hole.

If you cant get a full gasket set for a Piazza, buy a 2.3L Rodeo/Jackaroo or Shuttle one and a seperate head gasket for the Piazza. I will sling you some dosh for the Rodeo/Shuttle gasket.

Ive got my suspicions that the Piazza would use the same headgasket as a N/A motor any way, its not boosted that much that it would need to be special.

The only differences are going to be the diameter of the bore rings.
And the 4ZB1 has a smaller O-ring for the distributor but i doubt they cater for that in a set.

Cheers. Bob.
Too many Piazzas to little money.

Currently unemployed. Watch this space.
GeminiCoupe
APC Member
APC Member

Post by GeminiCoupe »

Funnily enough my engine needs the rocker cover gasket and i just enquired about one [2 days ago]. Go in and ask for a Holden Shuttle 4ZC1 rocker cover gasket - they dont list the 4ZC1 as Piazza in the parts book and they should be able to order it in.

AutoBarn in epping said $16.50 and 2 days to get it in. Not bad.

Nick-
project - 76 Gemini Coupe G200z EFI Turbo
daily - 02 S15 Nissan 200SX GTspecS Turbo
wet-weather fun toy - TX 75 Gemini Sedan G200z
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

The only way you would need a new one is if its brittle and cracked. They are a rubber gasket if its weeping, pull the rocker cover off give the surfaces a wipe and screw it back down.

shorty

Post by shorty »

if anyone needs a vrs kit i can get them, but they don't make the head kit so it is a little dearer but you get the valve stem seals. they are hard to find and i can get them for bout $150
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

shorty wrote:if anyone needs a vrs kit i can get them, but they don't make the head kit so it is a little dearer but you get the valve stem seals. they are hard to find and i can get them for bout $150
I dont follow ya fella. A VRS kit is for the head. For $150 i could buy all the gaskets for the head seperate at bursons up the road.
$8 for an inlet manifold
$15 for an exhaust manifold.
$15 for a rockercover
$10 for a cam seal
Plus the head gasket.

Do you mean a full set???

shorty

Post by shorty »

a vrs kit is what is used when the head is givin a full reco (vrs stands for valve regrind set) it has if i remember right inlet and exhaust gaskets, manifold gaskets, rocket cover (as well as the rubber bits that go under the bolts) the half moon for the back of the head, valve stem seals, head gasket and the gasket to go in the exhaust flange. i think there is more there but i can't think of the top of my head. it pretty much has all the gaskets needed to pull the head of the car, complettely pull the thing apart and reasemble the head and put it back on.

a head kit (which i am guessing you are talking about) has most of this stuff but not the valve stem seal. when looking for one for my car my mate (who is a engine recoditioner by trade) rang up the distributors and they did not have a head kit only a vrs.

when you say $15 for the exhaust is that the gemini exhaust gasket which will bolt on with no problems or is that the piazza exhaust gasket that has the heat sheild in it to protect the spark plugs???
Bugle
A total post whore

Post by Bugle »

Gemi exhaust gasket has square holes which isn't much good. I asked for a 4ZE1 when I bought one and it came with the heat shield bit.
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

shorty wrote:a vrs kit is what is used when the head is givin a full reco (vrs stands for valve regrind set) it has if i remember right inlet and exhaust gaskets, manifold gaskets, rocket cover (as well as the rubber bits that go under the bolts) the half moon for the back of the head, valve stem seals, head gasket and the gasket to go in the exhaust flange. i think there is more there but i can't think of the top of my head. it pretty much has all the gaskets needed to pull the head of the car, complettely pull the thing apart and reasemble the head and put it back on.

a head kit (which i am guessing you are talking about) has most of this stuff but not the valve stem seal. when looking for one for my car my mate (who is a engine recoditioner by trade) rang up the distributors and they did not have a head kit only a vrs.

when you say $15 for the exhaust is that the gemini exhaust gasket which will bolt on with no problems or is that the piazza exhaust gasket that has the heat sheild in it to protect the spark plugs???
Thats the one with the heat sheilds. Ive got three here.

I know what a VRS set is. There should be a cam seal in the set too. I wasnt aware of what a head kit was or if you could even get one for any car.
The gasket for the exhaust manifold flange is car specific too with 4Z motors.

shorty

Post by shorty »

ok well i didn't know that about the exhaust gaskets so i stand corrected on that.

and with the head/vrs kits most models come with either option but i had extrem trouble trying to find one for a piazza (head that is) so i had to opt for the vrs. there are even some cars out there that they only make the head kit and not the vrs so they have to be brought seperate.
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

shorty wrote:ok well i didn't know that about the exhaust gaskets so i stand corrected on that.
Why stand corrected???? what did you think you could get???

Your quite right. I found this on Ebay. Ive never seen this type before, only for the gemini(ive got a gem VRS here). I so want to buy it but i have no need and its not super cheap. Please someone bid on it. lol.

The reason i have three is, ive got a full gasket set for a 4ZE1 and ive got two new ones. One i bought because i forgot i had the other already and then i didnt use it becuase im a tight arse and i reused the old one with some exhaust putty smeared on it. I didnt feel the shuttle was worthy, lol, turns out it wasnt but thats a whole nother long winded story.

It seems you can get either or.

Cheers, bob

Chris
IPTOC President
IPTOC President

Post by Chris »

$12 postage. umff.
LESS SHOW, MORE GO!!

2009 | 1986 White Piazza 2.2L, Man, STi Turbo (SOLD)
2006 | 1986 Black Piazza Turbo Manual (SOLD)
2005 | 1986 White Piazza Turbo Auto (Pain in the ass)
2004 | 1986 White Piazza Manual Stock
2004 | 1986 Red Piazza Manual TO3, Haltech
2001 | 1986 Silver Piazza Manual Turbo