Dilemma

General Bellett, Gemini 75-98, Piazza 81-93, Bellel, Florian, 117 Coupe, Minx, Aska technical discussion.
piazza-crx
APC Member
APC Member

Dilemma

Post by piazza-crx »

Ok boys, here's my dilemma:

I have a friend who has a friend who bought a piazza about 3 months ago. He didnt know much about the car but thought it was a good car to thrash around a little. 3 months down the track he needs a few parts and dont know where to look and so wants to sell it. So my mate tells me about it.

The car is a red manual, done about 180,000kms and is a little worse for wear. But its a Manual!! Ive been stuck using an auto for the last couple of years and have been wanting a manual for ages. Im not the wealthiest of people so I probably cant buy it off him. The car has a welded crack on the exhause manifold (really dodgy job), he keeps filling up on p/steer fluid, dash not working, seat adjustment knobs not working, rust at bottom of tailgate window, squeaky brakes, bold tyres and a few more quirks.

Now my auto piazza isnt the best of cars either. I have another car (a mazda) that I told him I might trade for it (mazda 626 hatch 1989 good nik, manual - worth about $1900). Do you guys think this is worth doing? My engine has only done 130,000 kms... so should i do the trade, make the best car from 2 and sell my auto? If so would anyone here actually buy the auto?

You see the problem here is that he said he'll probably take the engine & box out and sell to a gemini owner and try to sell the shell to a piazza owner - which we cannot let happen!! What should I do - i dont want to let slip another manual piazza tho...
If Gemini's were ever meant to go fast, they would have come out of the factory with 4zc1t engines!!

Business CD Solutions
Chris
IPTOC President
IPTOC President

Post by Chris »

Manuals are getting harder to find but if you reckon you can get $1900 for your mazda and based on the state the red one is in, I would say sell the mazda privetly and dont pay more than $1000 for the red one.

Well firstly I would have a closer look under the hood and hear for upnormal noises from the turbo, engine knockings etc..

Dont give him the mazda, use the rest money you get from the sale to fix up the red one. I reckon you should keep your auto piazza for spares.

Do you know how much he's looking for the red one?
LESS SHOW, MORE GO!!

2009 | 1986 White Piazza 2.2L, Man, STi Turbo (SOLD)
2006 | 1986 Black Piazza Turbo Manual (SOLD)
2005 | 1986 White Piazza Turbo Auto (Pain in the ass)
2004 | 1986 White Piazza Manual Stock
2004 | 1986 Red Piazza Manual TO3, Haltech
2001 | 1986 Silver Piazza Manual Turbo
piazza-crx
APC Member
APC Member

Post by piazza-crx »

Thats the problem you see,

He wants around $1800 for it (coz he paid $2000 for it). So there's no chance of me getting it for $1000. Like I said the way he's looking at it, he can sell the engine, box & turbo to a gem owner for about $900 and then sell the shell to a piazza owner for bout $900 also.
If Gemini's were ever meant to go fast, they would have come out of the factory with 4zc1t engines!!

Business CD Solutions
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

Jeez you blokes over there have got tough pricing to contend with, one here on a local Auction last week didn't get a bid at $500.00 no reserve and all it needed for legal road use was a power steering seal replaced and in the same week another got hauled off to the wrecker because it was de registered and the poor bloke couldn't get $80 for it. I would have grabbed it but it meant 1500km return journey for me. SAD
GeminiCoupe
APC Member
APC Member

Post by GeminiCoupe »

?piazza? wrote:I have a friend who has a friend who bought a piazza about 3 months ago. He didnt know much about the car but thought it was a good car to thrash around a little. 3 months down the track he needs a few parts and dont know where to look and so wants to sell it. So my mate tells me about it.
Theres your first advantage. Youve owned Piazzas for longer then he has, and you know more about them then he obviously does. It wouldnt be too hard to spin some bullshit up and screw the price down. My Piazza was initially advertised for 4000, i ended up walking away with it for 2800 after convincing the owner the head would need rebuilding as it was knocking [turns out all it needed was some oil :supz: ]

What you do with the cars comes down to which one is the better of the two. If the white one is better, convert it to manual and sell the red one. Perhaps rebuild the red one from ground up and use the white one as a daily in place of the Mazda? In the end though, as much as im sure wed all like it to be avoided, one of your Piazzas [provided you buy the other one ofcourse] may end up in the hands of a Gemini owner.

Nick-
project - 76 Gemini Coupe G200z EFI Turbo
daily - 02 S15 Nissan 200SX GTspecS Turbo
wet-weather fun toy - TX 75 Gemini Sedan G200z
Chris
IPTOC President
IPTOC President

Post by Chris »

hmm, well $1800 for a bashd up one is fucked..

I wouldnt pay it, but than again its one in 75 left. Actually thinking about a little trick we can play on him, give me his number and I say I am a mate of a mate who heard he wants to sell it. I tell him that I already owned 3 piazzas and if he ask $1800 I will start laughing at him and give him a long story. That usually works and put him down abit. And dont forget lets say he goes down to $1400 and you tell him ok I come a get it off you, but you only bring $1350 in smaller notes so it looks bigger I am sure he would take it.

Come on, where the times where you could get a piazza for $50 and a shitty webcam, and that was manual too.

Ohh, you could be a real asshole and drive past at night and chuck a few bricks on it, coz you stll have the other car for panels, at least it should screw his price down to $1000
LESS SHOW, MORE GO!!

wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

Tell this bloke you will buy it if he changes the inlet manifiold gasket first, by the time he is half way through and has band aids from arsehole to breakfast time up his arms and round his neck he will be ready to give it to you rather than finish the job, or tell him he needs to get the heater matrix replaced coz the water valve isn't shutting properly (fair bet coz none of them ever do) and suggest he gets a quote for that. That will knock off 500 at least.
piazza-crx
APC Member
APC Member

Post by piazza-crx »

Hehehe, Im loving all these massively evil plans!!
:snakeman: :evil3: :evil2: :evil4: :violent1:

How hard and how expensive would it be to do a auto to manual conversion??

THe only problem is I dont have $1350 cash to fork out to him :( (thats why i was considering trading the mazda 4 it)

Business CD Solutions
Chris
IPTOC President
IPTOC President

Post by Chris »

Sell the mazda privatley for a good price and offer that fool $1300 and tell him you will pick it up right aways.

Rest money goes into doing her abit
LESS SHOW, MORE GO!!

Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

Ive got the easy win win.

Tell him you want to get rid of the mazda and jack the expected price up. Then knock a bit off too make him feel good.

You get the Piazza and cash. Piazza and $500 will work good.

I got my pair less than hes asking. But then again neither of em were running.
Too many Piazzas to little money.

Currently unemployed. Watch this space.
Chris
IPTOC President
IPTOC President

Post by Chris »

Id still go their at night and drop a few bricks on the car. MOre bricks less price tag :violent3:
LESS SHOW, MORE GO!!

Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

Chris wrote:Id still go their at night and drop a few bricks on the car. MOre bricks less price tag :violent3:
Yeah but in the end he would be costing himself money. Or time fixing dents hed made.
Too many Piazzas to little money.

Currently unemployed. Watch this space.
Chris
IPTOC President
IPTOC President

Post by Chris »

Rodeobob wrote:
Chris wrote:Id still go their at night and drop a few bricks on the car. MOre bricks less price tag :violent3:
Yeah but in the end he would be costing himself money. Or time fixing dents hed made.
Not really, he still got the white one which he could use as spare parts car.

Its only an automatic, ROFL
LESS SHOW, MORE GO!!

piazza-crx
APC Member
APC Member

Post by piazza-crx »

Ive decided im not going to buy or trade the car off him - for financial reasons...

The guy wants $2000 for it still. if anyone out there is contemplating on buying it off him i can put you onto him, it might be worth it considering he wants to sell the engine to a gemini owner...

Business CD Solutions