Body rubbers and windows

General Bellett, Gemini 75-98, Piazza 81-93, Bellel, Florian, 117 Coupe, Minx, Aska technical discussion.
turbo andy
APC Member
APC Member

Body rubbers and windows

Post by turbo andy »

Is it hard to find a full set of new rubbers for piazza's? its got me worried for when i do my respray.

My piazza has vertical scratching on the front windows, its mentioned in the manual with a remedy invloving re-mounting the rubber with screws, I've heard of people fixing scratched glass, has anyone seen results?
GeminiCoupe
APC Member
APC Member

Post by GeminiCoupe »

Depends on which rubbers your after, i doubt youll find a kit so be careful when removing those rear hatch glass and windscreen rubbers. The door/hatch channel rubbers though [the ones that press in on the body] can be bought from clark rubber by the metre.

Ive heard of removing scratches from windows too, basically its polishing the surface of the glass. It would only work for very light surface scratches, plus its fairly expensive.

Nick-
project - 76 Gemini Coupe G200z EFI Turbo
daily - 02 S15 Nissan 200SX GTspecS Turbo
wet-weather fun toy - TX 75 Gemini Sedan G200z
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

The scratches on the uppy downy windows isn't usually from the sealing rubber. Inside the door there are about six i think plastic clips with a felt facing on them that support the glass on the way up and down. They get all shitty and mouldy if the top sealing strip is poor and scratch the shit out of the glass. They can be easily removed once the glass is out by sliding sideways until they come to the removal slot and recovered with felt and good glue. Talk to a jeweller about some jewellers rouge. It is a very fine compound they use for polishing watch faces and will remove minor scratches. The factory finisher strips on the outside can be re rubbered if you go to a good motor trimmer.
shorty

Post by shorty »

is that a common problem, scratches on the drivers window? i have had three piazza and they have all had it and was going to ask how to stop it and now i don't have too :rock:
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

A drivers window in particular that isn't scratched is as rare as rocking horse shit and if you find one some twonk has had his rego number etched on it. A small alarm sticker hides that though.