Anyone know of other injectors that fit a Piazza???

General Bellett, Gemini 75-98, Piazza 81-93, Bellel, Florian, 117 Coupe, Minx, Aska technical discussion.
Chris
IPTOC President
IPTOC President

Post by Chris »

Just to confirm this, Yup 1986-87 oz deliverd Piazza has Bosch Injectors so you could even make calls to them if your desperate
LESS SHOW, MORE GO!!

2009 | 1986 White Piazza 2.2L, Man, STi Turbo (SOLD)
2006 | 1986 Black Piazza Turbo Manual (SOLD)
2005 | 1986 White Piazza Turbo Auto (Pain in the ass)
2004 | 1986 White Piazza Manual Stock
2004 | 1986 Red Piazza Manual TO3, Haltech
2001 | 1986 Silver Piazza Manual Turbo
GeminiCoupe
APC Member
APC Member

Post by GeminiCoupe »

Makes sence really, seeing as the fuel injection used on the Piazza is a Bosch Jetronic type.

As for using VL injectors - not sure how well that would work as the VL's are most likely a different impendance.

Nick-
project - 76 Gemini Coupe G200z EFI Turbo
daily - 02 S15 Nissan 200SX GTspecS Turbo
wet-weather fun toy - TX 75 Gemini Sedan G200z
Chris
IPTOC President
IPTOC President

Post by Chris »

I actually seen one for sale (Black with white "I think Isuzu") stickers who had VL injectors and turbo.
LESS SHOW, MORE GO!!

ozzie
Probationary
Probationary

Post by ozzie »

i know stock injectors are 220cc

and if you need i can get a bosch part number from work that are a 500cc injector that will bolt stright in.
as this is what i will be doin when i get some more money
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

GeminiCoupe wrote: As for using VL injectors - not sure how well that would work as the VL's are most likely a different impendance.

Nick-
Theres ways around that im sure.
Too many Piazzas to little money.

Currently unemployed. Watch this space.
GeminiCoupe
APC Member
APC Member

Post by GeminiCoupe »

Theres always ways around it, not sure how you'd go about it in a Piazza without an aftermarket ECU. I know with the Delco EFI systems theres a unit that Kalmaker have that you wire in so you can fit a low impendance injector, however not sure if the ECU needs to be adjusted to use it.

Nick-
project - 76 Gemini Coupe G200z EFI Turbo
daily - 02 S15 Nissan 200SX GTspecS Turbo
wet-weather fun toy - TX 75 Gemini Sedan G200z
WA Piazza

Post by WA Piazza »

cheers guys for the help

Yo OZZIE! id like to hear from you about the 500cc injectors, that would be awsome.

Oh and the injectors are bosch just not sure on the type or number but i think i might of found the stock once but there 100ea so im looking for an upgrade injector (OZZIE) that would be able to work using the stock ECU unless u can buy a new ECU from bosch??

Thats all for now so if you can answer both those then it would be great cheers

Josh
-Holden Piazza-
looking at 300bhp to 350bhp with a T03
Cant wait til Perths Woop Ass Wednesdays
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

High impedance ones should work, all they did in the rodeo was remove the dropping resistor in the injector circuit. Youd need to have a good look thru the manual to see if it could be done.

You wont be able to get a new std computer.

Cheers. Bob
Too many Piazzas to little money.

Currently unemployed. Watch this space.
WA Piazza

Post by WA Piazza »

yeh guys just a quick question

if i was to go and get some VL turbo (????) or toyota 7MGTE 440cc injectors would i be able to use the injectors on the standard ECU?

Oh what injectors can i use that are good and that are able to use via having the standard ECU

cheers

josh
-Holden Piazza-
looking at 300bhp to 350bhp with a T03
Cant wait til Perths Woop Ass Wednesdays
Chris
IPTOC President
IPTOC President

Post by Chris »

If you dont know for sure the spec's of the new Injectors are very close to similar to the stock once you be best of using a EMS or ECU. I recomend Air/Fuel/Ignition.. Most old ECU's only have Air and Fuel maps.

As recommend before I would go for: (By priority)

1. Haltech E6GMX which is a straight plug in for early model GM cars but can be modified. Also the older Fuel/Air ECU such as F9 and F10 are great replacments. The haltech in point of view is much better than the rest because most tuners know about them.. Their easy to install yourself, heaps of online support and software and it is Australian made.

Also as most ecus/Ems's the haltechs from F7's come with a Aux port to connect to your boost so you can actually controll the PSI via your PC.

Bad points are, that those ECU/EMS are quite expensive and need a Laptop or computer in order to change the fuel maps/Air maps or Ignition.

(As seen in fast in Fast and furious when he drives at his first street drag and has a laptop next to him is very similar or even the same as a haltech).

Haltechs dont need to be connected to a computer as once you adjusted all your maps such as ignition, airflow, idle etc you just disconnect it and the unit will store those maps.

I used to have a laptop all the time in my Piazza as I could see all the Idle, Airflow etc in realtime without having cauges. Also you can change your maps quickly for High Performance, Standard or low fuel consumption.. Haltechs tend to be a bit cheaper than other unites but are quite old style though easy to maintain and to understand.

More infos here: Http://www.haltech.com.au

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. The latest models of the WOLF 3D's are awsome little units which are usually more expensive than the Haltech but offer a more somewhat compact way. The newer models do not require a laptop or pc in order to change maps. They have a little box with a LCD display and some buttons similar to a Digital camera. I never played with the wolf 3d's but my mate has one in his 78 Lancer coupe 308. I noticed you do not have the choice as much as you would have with haltechs and somewhat in my eyes the Wolf 3d seems more like a little toy and while your driving and trying to switch to high performance requires a good eye sight at darkness and small fingers.

Their I have pointed some bad stuff out about the 3d but it has its good and bad points like anything else. The wolf units will cost more and usually require proffesional installing and tuning which will set you back around $800. I believe it is arund $2500 to $3000 to install and tune one of these.

More infos here: http://www.wolfems.com.au/

Their many more units mainly made in USA which some tuners may not know and it will be harder to get support for.

Between those two I couldnt tell which one would be better. Go to a show or some drags find people who use those units and let them tell you what they will find better, like I said both have good and bad sites and it totally depends on your budget, pations on other perosnal factors to figure out which one suits you best.

In my perspective the haltech is a much better unit to the wolfs.. I could only compare it either you use MusicMaker or Cubase if you know what I mean.

Both will work well in a piazza!

I know this isnt kind of your answer you be looking for but I am sure this post would of come up anyways in the next few days..

Make sure you read as much comments and informations about them as you possible get before making up your mind.. Go to a tuner and if the tuner knows more about the wolfs units he will insure you those are better and visa versa.... Make up your own mind as this is quite a big and longlasting investment.

Also other forum members have experince with other units and can tell you abit about those..
LESS SHOW, MORE GO!!

ozzie
Probationary
Probationary

Post by ozzie »

sorry its takin so long my puter has been down
the stock piazza injectors part number are A46-00
the bosch item that are 500cc bolt in item is 0280 150 036
they cost $150+gst in qld
hope it helps
Bugle
A total post whore

Post by Bugle »

ozzie we got a bosch part number for the stock spec injectors, check the replacement parts section. You should post the bolt-in 500cc injectors there too.