pistons!!

General Bellett, Gemini 75-98, Piazza 81-93, Bellel, Florian, 117 Coupe, Minx, Aska technical discussion.
pizza
Learner
Learner

pistons!!

Post by pizza »

what pistons do you guys use in your 4Z blocks?!

there are no listings for aftermarket pistons of any sort for a 4ZC1-t
CP pistons in the states will custom make anything for around $1200 for 4 pistons

my options are build up my 4ZC with genuine pistons (ouch) or custom forgies (double ouch)

or build up and fit a D1 or E1 block

any help would be tops
Chris
IPTOC President
IPTOC President

Post by Chris »

by the sounds of it you have a 4zc1 engine in your gem or trying to built one for it, correct me if I am wrong. I would just see if you can get them recoed instead of spending top $$$$ overseas.
LESS SHOW, MORE GO!!

2009 | 1986 White Piazza 2.2L, Man, STi Turbo (SOLD)
2006 | 1986 Black Piazza Turbo Manual (SOLD)
2005 | 1986 White Piazza Turbo Auto (Pain in the ass)
2004 | 1986 White Piazza Manual Stock
2004 | 1986 Red Piazza Manual TO3, Haltech
2001 | 1986 Silver Piazza Manual Turbo
elky
Probationary
Probationary

pistons

Post by elky »

yea he has got the motor out of the blue piazza i have, dude i would get pistons made, the ones in my twin cam race motor are custom flycut forgies and cost $350 ea done by a mob in melbourne (try john sydney racing) as chris (silver piazza) went the 4ze1 route and has had some probs, i would build a tough bottom end for piece of mind!!!

that's my bit

but as i do not have a fast piazza, or even a fast piston powered gem what do i know? :tonqe: just a rotary powered gem...u can all choke on my weber fed fuel smoke! hahaha
GeminiCoupe
APC Member
APC Member

Post by GeminiCoupe »

Correct, its in a Gemini. I wouldnt recommend using an form of cast piston in your engine, it seems pretty serious in terms of power output. Bite the bullet and get the forgies made, good insurance i reckon. Going to a 4ZD1 or E1 gives you no real advantage other then capacity, they still use a cast piston.

Nick-
project - 76 Gemini Coupe G200z EFI Turbo
daily - 02 S15 Nissan 200SX GTspecS Turbo
wet-weather fun toy - TX 75 Gemini Sedan G200z
Chris
IPTOC President
IPTOC President

Post by Chris »

Not to sure if I should be mad at ellen for wrecking his blue one or pizza making fun of the PIAZZA and putting a 4zc1 into a generic shit box..

my 5 cents..

Oh, psttt don't let bob see this, he will get mad
LESS SHOW, MORE GO!!

2009 | 1986 White Piazza 2.2L, Man, STi Turbo (SOLD)
2006 | 1986 Black Piazza Turbo Manual (SOLD)
2005 | 1986 White Piazza Turbo Auto (Pain in the ass)
2004 | 1986 White Piazza Manual Stock
2004 | 1986 Red Piazza Manual TO3, Haltech
2001 | 1986 Silver Piazza Manual Turbo
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

Nah im like GAF :drinkers: :rolleyes: .

Its the brakes that gets me. The car is well and truly dead once they are gone.

The only off the shelf forgies that you will get will be something that fits a more common performance (most likely turbo) motor.

So knowing that you need to look at what else will fit thats about the right size. Nothing that i know of. Most are for motors of smaller bore than the Piazzas 88mm. The D1 is bigger than that and the E1 is bigger again.
Then you run into the next problem and that is that most of the motors have a shorter pin to crown height than the Isuzu motors.

This is my theory. 4ZB1 block and a 2.3L crank and possibly a longer rod. That should get a VL Turbo forgie to fit maybe.

The B1 motor should be out of the bus tomorrow :toimonster: , when i will get the chance to strip it well who knows.

Bob.
Too many Piazzas to little money.

Currently unemployed. Watch this space.
pizza
Learner
Learner

Post by pizza »

thanks guys, yer its a pretty serious 4zc in a generic shitbox gem (not a doorstop)

absolutely stock block and head with boltons, though i think i will find the limits soon. :rolleyes:

elky! you wanna part up with a number for that guy who does the forgies?