Boss Kit

General Bellett, Gemini 75-98, Piazza 81-93, Bellel, Florian, 117 Coupe, Minx, Aska technical discussion.
dbraiki

Boss Kit

Post by dbraiki »

Hiya,

I'll be putting a new steering wheel on my Piazza shortly and was wondering if anyone knows which boss kit to use and/or where to get one?

Cheers

EDIT by BOB: I dropped the pic heres a link to pics of the car. http://isuzupiazza.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=4877#4877 I hate the big pics, im gunna hit Chris up for some thumbnail, click it make it big gear in the isuzupiazza pic upload thing. Bob.
GeminiCoupe
APC Member
APC Member

Post by GeminiCoupe »

Try a Gemini one, they are apparently the same [which wouldnt suprise me]. Someone also said Mazda 626 a while ago, fucked if i know which one.

Nick-
project - 76 Gemini Coupe G200z EFI Turbo
daily - 02 S15 Nissan 200SX GTspecS Turbo
wet-weather fun toy - TX 75 Gemini Sedan G200z
Bugle
A total post whore

Post by Bugle »

Gemini has the same spline on the steering column. Might have to make modifications to the horn thing.
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

Possibly a Rodeo (which should be the same as a Jackaroo one) one with the indicator cancel roll pins removed. Id have to check, ive got one that was in a piazza but without the horn hooked up and ia dont remember why that was. Im not sure if the indicator cancel thing was working either, that a weird setup the Piazza has with the friction disc.

If i remember over the next few days i will take some pics of it.

Bob.
Too many Piazzas to little money.

Currently unemployed. Watch this space.
dbraiki

Post by dbraiki »

Thanks bob, that'd be great!
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

If you wanted too your more than welcome to drop past and have a look.

As long as you dont talk heaps of shit and wont piss off when the time comes it would be all good.

Send me a PM and i will give you my number.

Bob.

wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

The bighorn Irmscher has a three spoke Momo and the boss kit fits the Piazza spline but it sits high up on the column being a flat form centre pad and the horn pick up won't reach so needs a spacer to bring the slip ring down far enough. I have one i need to do but haven't got around to yet. the Bighorn wheel isn't that nice but getting the boss kit sorted opens it up for any Momo or Momo copy.
So many cars, so little cash
Bugle
A total post whore

Post by Bugle »

Yeah I think that's the same problem fitting a Gemini one to a Piazza. Could probably machine a bit off a Gemini one to get it to sit further on.
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

Can't do that with the bighorn boss as it sits a good 50mm away from the horn hot tongue. Plan is to make a black plastic spacer bos to attach nder the wheel and relocate the slip ring to the bottom of the spacer and fix the spacer to the underside of the boss and bring the contact through to that.
Revhead
Learner
Learner

Post by Revhead »

From memory my factory momo has a differantly spaced backing horn slider bit, the boss could be the same as bighorn, the momo wheel is the same. I do have a couple of factory momo boss kits lying around somewhere also one to suit other type (also fit momo) but wheel was close to contol switches etc but was o/k when you got used to it.
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

The one ive got here must be a Gemini one. It had a big gap but the guy had put a horn button on the side of the steering column cover. He had the lid off a black spray can screwed on the back of it to fill the gap.

If i had my own lathe i could spin something up. Bugle might be the man to talk too, send him the boss with some bucks in the box and he can send you back the done deal.

Its not too hard to put a sports wheel on if all the Isuzus share the same spline for the steering wheel. If it was a one off spline you would have a hard time.

Cheers. Bob.

wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

From memory my factory momo has a differantly spaced backing horn slider bit, the boss could be the same as bighorn, the momo wheel is the same. I do have a couple of factory momo boss kits lying around somewhere also one to suit other type (also fit momo) but wheel was close to contol switches etc but was o/k when you got used to it.
Hey Gene, its time to pour some fresh gas in your Nero and dust of your passport and come north of the bridge to check out my collection. We are hoping Madmike can have his on the road by Queens birthday weekend so we can do a meet somewhere but I'm short of one driver at this stage to get them all out. I'll need to get Graham the haggis to pop over and help out.
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

Re: Last message, if we do get it on we would be very happy to see a fine looking 117coupe turn up as well Paul.
Bugle
A total post whore

Post by Bugle »

Here's what i've got
TF/G Gemini steering wheel

Piazza steering wheel

Piazza boss and Bali spec momo ripoff

No idea where that Piazza boss came from, came on my car when I bought it..
The Gemini horn ring is about 30mm further out than the Piazza. However the rim of the wheel is a different offset between the two so to get a Gemini boss to the right position you would have to machine about 10mm off the back of the boss and drill a hole for the cancelling thingo, then space the horn ring out.
dbraiki

Post by dbraiki »

I managed to track a new one down through Autobarn at Chaddie. They've got one they are having modified for me to fit the steering wheel shown below (Yum!). It's onlt costing me $80 which is pretty good (that's for the boss kit, not the wheel!)