manifold??????

General Bellett, Gemini 75-98, Piazza 81-93, Bellel, Florian, 117 Coupe, Minx, Aska technical discussion.
brendan
APC Member
APC Member

manifold??????

Post by brendan »

I was given this manifold by a mate at work, he told me that it was off a piazza, just wondering if any knew this for sure and if so is it better than the standard one on the 4zc1, also wether the injectors will work with my car or are the different? Any help would be much appreciated
cheers Brendan

GeminiCoupe
APC Member
APC Member

Post by GeminiCoupe »

Looks like a 4ZE1 Rodeo manifold to me, if so its got bigger runners, a better plenum and better injectors. Bob will be able to tell you for sure.

It kinda looks like a G200W DOHC Plenum too....Maybe the plenums are the same and just the runners are different, because that appears to be a thermostat housing on the runners. Id have to check my DOHC head but im pretty sure there is no outlet on the inlet side.

Nick-
project - 76 Gemini Coupe G200z EFI Turbo
daily - 02 S15 Nissan 200SX GTspecS Turbo
wet-weather fun toy - TX 75 Gemini Sedan G200z
Bugle
A total post whore

Post by Bugle »

I thought Rodeo injectors were less flow than Piazza ones? Or you mean better by design with the o-rings?

There's not much point putting larger runners on unless you port the head. I imagine a big lip there at the head where the manifold and head are different diameters wouldn't help the flow.

Why's the plenum better? Looks exactly the same as the Piazza one except for the "I-TEC" and lack of overboost valve.
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

Thats a 2.6L Rodeo one.

First you need to know what year its off or check the part number on the injectors to find out if they are low or high impedance type. Id say they are early low imp as im pretty sure mine are pink tops if thats anything to go buy. The latter ones had alloy fuel rails too if i remember right.

Second is its near on useless without the thermostat housing. Find one or start hunting for one, im not sure if you can buy them new at Holden still.

Its a good find if your planning on building up a motor down the track. Get your head ported to match those runners. Get the plenum modded to take a monster front mount TB. Find a good set of big injectors. After market ECU and your away.

Dont throw out any of the crap you pull off the manifold, ive got a box for that crap in my shed :yawinkle:

Cheers. Bob.
Too many Piazzas to little money.

Currently unemployed. Watch this space.
brendan
APC Member
APC Member

Post by brendan »

here is the number on the side of the injector "A46-000001"
speedracerles

Post by speedracerles »

Im looking to buy a custume turbo manifold for my JR Im looking into running a disco potato set up from garrett any help would be great...I would pay to ship also if over seas as well just to put that out there....LOL
Isuzu impulse turbo, my weapon of choice!